Confused wth regards to duas

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Insha'Allah everyone on TTI is having a splendid Ramadan and are in the best of health and Imaan. :)

I received the following duas as an attachment in my email :

Link

Now at first glance, it does look like an innovation as it has duas from day 1 to day 30 .

But I actually like some of the duas that are on the link as I am not an Arabic speaker and it's seems easy for me to include some of them in my dua.

So my question is, If I can use those duas randomly (without using their schedule) . Would it still be innovation ?

:wasalam:

Muhammad Saleh

:wasalam: brother. The site does state that you do not have to say these supplications in any specific order. It is an innovation but not all innovations are bad. This is simply a suggestion for a disciplined supplication schedule. The words of these supplications are good; they do not violate the Quran, the Sunna or Arabic. :)

This can become a bad bid`a if you start to believe that you must do it and in the order specified and repeat it every Ramadhaan. Because only then you'd make it part of the Deen and that's when an innovation turns bad.

adding to what brother ayman1 had said:

In my opinion all innovations are not bad but all bid'ahs are bad. sometimes we tend to confuse these two terms. a person commits bidah when he considers something as a part of religon which actually is not. Every innovation is allowed as long as it is not against Quran and Sunnah. people get confused because every bid'ah is an innovation but not all inovations are bid'ahs.

For example, the minars we see in the mosques were not built during the time of Muhammad(PBUH), as we all know Hazrat Billal(may Allah be pleased with him) used to give azan on the roof of the Kaba. Minars were added afterwards to mosques to make azan more audible. this is an innovation but not a bid'ah but if we start considering minars as an integral part of a mosques or consider it as a sin if minar is not added to the mosque then it becomes a bid'ah. The mian purpose of a minar is to make azan more audible. I tried but could find any authentic source to substantiate my example. i heard this example from a friend.

Allaho knows best.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Jazakallah brother Ayman. I was pretty much having the same opinion as you. Thanks for the clarification that it doesn't go against the Sunnah or the Quran.

All the duas have " on this day " in the translation .. Is there a way that I can avoid that in the Arabic text ? Possibly some modifications ?

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Barakallah feek brother Saleh for stopping by and putting the time to explain about bid'ah. It serves as a good reminder Insha'Allah. :)

yakubpasha

adding to what brother ayman1 had said:

In my opinion all innovations are not bad but all bid'ahs are bad. sometimes we tend to confuse these two terms. a person commits bidah when he considers something as a part of religon which actually is not. Every innovation is allowed as long as it is not against Quran and Sunnah. people get confused because every bid'ah is an innovation but not all inovations are bid'ahs.

For example, the minars we see in the mosques were not built during the time of Muhammad(PBUH), as we all know Hazrat Billal(may Allah be pleased with him) used to give azan on the roof of the Kaba. Minars were added afterwards to mosques to make azan more audible. this is an innovation but not a bid'ah but if we start considering minars as an integral part of a mosques or consider it as a sin if minar is not added to the mosque then it becomes a bid'ah. The mian purpose of a minar is to make azan more audible. I tried but could find any authentic source to substantiate my example. i heard this example from a friend.

Allaho knows best.

I dont agree with this explanation.

Jâbir narrates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Every innovation is a means of going astray.” [Sahîh Muslim (867)]

Eg fasting on the 15th of Shaban, fasting is good right more reward nothing against the Quran or Sunnah but its considered Bidah by scholars. By us adding something to deen we are saying that the prophet didnt perfect it.

I dont know what the Scholars say about the Minars , so cant comment on it. I guess that doesnt fall part of Deen though( Allaho Alam) eg you cant say its innovation to drive a car as the prophet never drove it but eg saying duhur salah is 10 rakat rather than 5. Its more prayer right? more reward? NO

Allah Ho Alam

Muhammad Saleh

I dont agree with this explanation.

Jâbir narrates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Every innovation is a means of going astray.” [Sahîh Muslim (867)]

Eg fasting on the 15th of Shaban, fasting is good right more reward nothing against the Quran or Sunnah but its considered Bidah by scholars. By us adding something to deen we are saying that the prophet didnt perfect it.

I dont know what the Scholars say about the Minars , so cant comment on it. I guess that doesnt fall part of Deen though( Allaho Alam) eg you cant say its innovation to drive a car as the prophet never drove it but eg saying duhur salah is 10 rakat rather than 5. Its more prayer right? more reward? NO

Allah Ho Alam

I am telling you there were no minars at the time of Muhammad(PBUH),so go and fight with your Imam for comitting bid'ah of building minars in the mosque.:biggrin: just kidding, hope you dont mind it

I totaly agree with you that all bid'atin are bad, infact this is something which i have tried to explain in my last post. Can you please check the arabic text of the hadith you have mentioned above, you would see word 'Bid'atin'(plural for bid'ah) in it inshAllah. english translation for bid'ah is innovation but you can not consider it as the exact meaning of bid'ah. Arabic is very eloquent language so its hard to find exact substitutes for arabic words in other languages.