Confused...

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

Sorry, I just wanted to ask a little question if that's alright. Sometimes when I'm praying, I stay in Sajuud for a very long time. And when I raise my head, I forget whether I have done sajdah one or twice :confused: So just incase, I make sajdah again :redface:. But not only that. I EVEN forget how many rakats I have prayed :eek: SubhnAllah, I'm so forgetful!!

Anyways my question is, do I have to repeat my prayer?? Or can I do that umm...:redface: umm...that forgetful...umm....:redface: :redface: :redface: (Oh God! I dont know what its called! :eek: ) Okk I hope you know what I'm trying to say :redface: Sorryyyy..... :redface:

Soo...any help?? I'm extremely confused :confused:

Thankx :hijabi:

:wasalam:

:hearts:

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
I cant answer that, actually, inshallah someone does, because I do the same....I believe that when this happens you jus complete 1xtra rakat of forgetfulness than salaam out...please DONNOT take this as word, I jus remember this along the lines of somthing I read...someone else pleas help us lol....:)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Sorry, I just wanted to ask a little question if that's alright. Sometimes when I'm praying, I stay in Sajuud for a very long time. And when I raise my head, I forget whether I have done sajdah one or twice :confused: So just incase, I make sajdah again :redface:. But not only that. I EVEN forget how many rakats I have prayed :eek: SubhnAllah, I'm so forgetful!!

Anyways my question is, do I have to repeat my prayer?? Or can I do that umm...:redface: umm...that forgetful...umm....:redface: :redface: :redface: (Oh God! I dont know what its called! :eek: ) Okk I hope you know what I'm trying to say :redface: Sorryyyy..... :redface:

Soo...any help?? I'm extremely confused :confused:

Thankx :hijabi:

I cant answer that, actually, inshallah someone does, because I do the same....I believe that when this happens you jus complete 1xtra rakat of forgetfulness than salaam out...please DONNOT take this as word, I jus remember this along the lines of somthing I read...someone else pleas help us lol....:)

As-salaamu `alaykum

The first time I've heard what I highlighted, but it's mentioned as another way/opinion regarding the performance of the prostration. The following fatwa should answer inshaa' Allaah.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/47627/

icadams

I have a question after reading the the IslamQA fatwa, what is a prostration of forgetfulness?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!

Aww :) JazakAllah hu khair for replying anyways. I hope the fatwa the brother posted will help us both inshaAllah ;)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

wa alaikum salaam,
if u dont know that its ur 1st or 2nd sajda, take it as 1st sajda and make another sajda. and in end make sajdah-e-sahw. (i.e. before final salaam, 2 sajdahs). same for if u forget how many rakaats u prayed.

but u must try to keep an eye regarding ur movements in prayers. scholars say if forgetfulness becomes obsession, just dont worry. dont think over it too much. it will snatch away pleasure of salaah.

for easiness, if u want to make long sajdah....just make ur first sajdah long so that u can remember thats its ur first one. :)

also before starting salaah, choose which surahs u'll recite. so u can calculate in which rakaat you are. :)

eg. u makeup mind to recite surah falaq in 1st and surak naas in 2nd. so when u recite surah naas, u can know thats its ur second rakkat.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I have a question after reading the the IslamQA fatwa, what is a prostration of forgetfulness?

:salam2: brother,

prostration of forgetfulness is called "sajdah sahw" in arabic.

in salaah, there like fard acts like standing, bowing, prostrating...if we leave them we have to repeat our prayer.

and there are wajib acts which if we leave by Mistake, we make prostration of forgetfulness before salaam.

in shafi school, the procedure is to recite tashahhud, durood sharif and dua in final rakaat, them make 2 sajdahs and then final salaam.

great book to know about wajib, sunnah acts, thing swhich break salaah, sajdah sahw,etc.:
http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_downloads/prayer/Entire_Salaah_Book.pdf

hope its clear, if not, ask again.:)

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
wa alaikum salaam,
if u dont know that its ur 1st or 2nd sajda, take it as 1st sajda and make another sajda. and in end make sajdah-e-sahw. (i.e. before final salaam, 2 sajdahs). same for if u forget how many rakaats u prayed.

but u must try to keep an eye regarding ur movements in prayers. scholars say if forgetfulness becomes obsession, just dont worry. dont think over it too much. it will snatch away pleasure of salaah.

for easiness, if u want to make long sajdah....just make ur first sajdah long so that u can remember thats its ur first one. :)

also before starting salaah, choose which surahs u'll recite. so u can calculate in which rakaat you are. :)

eg. u makeup mind to recite surah falaq in 1st and surak naas in 2nd. so when u recite surah naas, u can know thats its ur second rakkat

:SMILY209: MashaAllah! Those are some helpful tips. InshaAllah I will try them. And also try not to be so forgetful :redface:

JazakAllahu khair akhi :)

sister sometimes i do the same..i guess we have to be attentive in our prayers...
umm...i dnt know the answer..

Yes we sure do sister. You're absolutely correct. ;)

Awww and thankx for the reply, even though you didn't help. I'm just kidding :D

I love you :p

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
no problem sister..i know i did not help you, coz i am finding for the answer tooo..hehe...
and i love you too...:D

No sister, you actually did help. InshaAllah I will concentrate more now ;) I hope....

Well my sweet sis, I hope you find your answer prettyy soon ;)

I love you more :D

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
i will surely, when allah's by my side, everything will be alright, gota keep my head up high!..(this is the nasheed from native deen), and i stated it..hehe....
inshallah sis!

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
OMG!!! the exact same ting hapens to me but alhamdulillah wen i spend a little tym baktraking i remember how many rakat i have prayed or however many sujuud i hav dne...lol may Allah make this easy for u but dnt stress to much the point is atleast ur worried about ur ibada but try being careful inshaAllah

wasalaamu 'alaikum

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
i will surely, when allah's by my side, everything will be alright, gota keep my head up high!..(this is the nasheed from native deen), and i stated it..hehe....
inshallah sis!

InshaAllah :) May Allah help us in concentrating in prayer. Ameen :D

hehe, little copycat :p

OMG!!! the exact same ting hapens to me but alhamdulillah wen i spend a little tym baktraking i remember how many rakat i have prayed or however many sujuud i hav dne...lol may Allah make this easy for u but dnt stress to much the point is atleast ur worried about ur ibada but try being careful inshaAllah

wasalaamu 'alaikum

Ameen to your dua.

Oh wow mashaAllah, at least you remember, I forget everything, like I'm not even sure whether I have prayed one rakat :D I'm kidding...

May Allah help us.

SubhnAllah :rolleyes:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Salaam alaikum

Oh yeppies happenes to me tooo LOL
But I try to do what brother Ahmed said. It helps alot. Also you can decide to make the sajdas of on rak'ah long while the others are short that way you will remember how many sadjad and how many rak'ahs you have done;);)
Ameen to all duas

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
i have a queation too:shymuslima1:.

i can't concerntrate on prayers because i can't keep my thoughts at the bay:(.i try not to but something jumps into my mind all of a sudden:(.and incase it's a funny thought my facial muscles pull into a smile before i can stop.:redface:

any suggestions..................

would be appreciated:redface:

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
that wud basically mean that u hav no khusoo in which case at this present tym its very normal bcoz its very hard to attain but not impossible, there is a famous article or book rather its called 33 ways of attaining khushoo look that up and try acting upon it inshAllah that wud help, wAllahu 'alam
may Allah make it easy on u i find it hard sumtyms as well but i find that its mainly my sins that distract me from salah and there are tyms wen ive felt al halawatul imaan |(the sweetness of imaan) and beleive me it feels as if ur flying in jannah wen u attain khushoo may Allah help u find that feeling inshaAllah
tkcr
wasalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i can't concerntrate on prayers because i can't keep my thoughts at the bay:(.i try not to but something jumps into my mind all of a sudden:(.and incase it's a funny thought my facial muscles pull into a smile before i can stop.:redface:
shaitan is all-ready for his stupid actions.

there's a story (weak in source) that a person's thing was lost. he went to imam and asked wht to do. imam told him to make salah. he made salah and he remembered his thing during salah. then he asked imam why he told him to pray to find his thing. so the imam told him that he knew shaitan will distract him by telling him where he lost his thing. thats y he told him to pray. :D

ways to attain concentration:

http://www.islamhouse.com/d/files/en/ih_books/signal/en_33_Ways_of_developing_Khushoo_in_Salaah.pdf