Problem Contact lenses & wudhu

MuslimShadow

Assalamo alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I've been wearing spectacles for the past 6-7 years,now i want to switch to contact lenses.

Umm. Just wanted to know if it's okay to do wudhu while wearing them.I mean it will not nullify my wudhu somehow.Right?

Also, I've read that it is not advisable to wash our faces while wearing them.In that case what can i do?:dejection:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykumusalaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Any reason why you'd want to switch from glasses to contact lens? I'm not one of those who is fond of contact lens, but that's just me. I guess most who opted to wear contact lens is that its easier than having a glasses that sometimes need to be adjusted. Its like a hindrance sometimes, isn't it?

But its important that if you are going to fully use contact lens, make sure to take it out before going to sleep. There are times we might be absent minded (well, I sometimes forget I am wearing a glasses on lol) and if you go to sleep with contact lens, it's kind of dangerous especially if our eyes become dry.

Anyways, can't really help you with the rulings. Inshaa Allaah others will.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.

Personally I prefer my glasses, too. : ) But as far as I know, we do not need to wash the inner part of the eyes. The 'inner corners' where white secretions appear sometimes is a different subject though: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/45812

And, ukhty, can't you just remove it for those few minutes while you're making wudhu'? Unless you can't see much with out it, then maybe you can just shut your eyes tightly and then wipe the water off before opening them again...?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Um... we keep our eyes closed when washing our face during wudhu, right? I mean.. am I doing it wrong?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I always close my eyes... when wudhu (or when wash my face at all).

:confused-82:

Is here one more rule about keeping eyes open or close during wudhu?

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

Um... we keep our eyes closed when washing our face during wudhu, right? I mean.. am I doing it wrong?

I always close my eyes... when wudhu (or when wash my face at all).

:confused-82:

Is here one more rule about keeping eyes open or close during wudhu?

Wa`alaikum salaam. :) No there's no extra rules sisters, but I meant like really tight for her case - tighter than we normally would. Kinda like this fella right here>>*_*