Convert = Guilty Feelings

JD19

My journey to Islam has been a spiritual awakening and I had a great journey. Now that I have been Muslim for over a week, I have been getting guilty feelings. Guilty feelings of missing prayers and not doing them on time and missing many. When my journey began, it was a great learning experience. Now that im Muslim, I feel Ive signed up for tough obligations - which is small compared to the overall blessing but still, the obligations carry guilt if theyre not met.

Any converts here felt some guilt afterwards?

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Salaam Allaikum

Brother i am a born Muslim , my advice is recite more Qurran as possible and understand as well at the same time.The more you recite the more you will benifet and the more your Imaan (Faith) will increase. and remember Distractions for prayers comes from Shaitaan (Saturn). So try and learn Ayat al Kursi for protection against shaitaan (saturn).

Salaam Alaikum

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum Brother,

Allahu Akbar. Very happy to know you have embraced the family of Allah SWT.

It is understood that it is the transitional state that you are in the process of learning and staring a new blessed life.

Please ask any question you like on this forum. Every brother and sister will be happy to help you out.

Kindly try to make the prayers as part of your life ASAP. Just I want to share with you what is prayer about.

If you come to know that you have been called by the President or King of your country, how will you feel? You will certianly feel honoured and proud. You will specially prepare for the meeting and will be well-dressed. You will consider it a privilege to talk to the President.

Then how about the honor and privilege which you get by talking to the "KING of the Kings", The Creator, The Almight, The Merciful. i.e. Allah SWT. It is not a burden , instead you are being honored to be in front of the Lord of the universe. You should really feel blessed and lucky on this, should'nt you?

That is why in Islam , prayer is the Gift of Allah SWT to the Muslims. The most precious invitation to have a meeting with the most honored, the Absolute, The Rahman.

I hope you dont feel burdened InshaAllah and will get the satisfaction of heart in prayers.

WassalaamuAlaikum,
VE

lazim

Asalam Alaikum!

I reverted to islam about 9 years ago now marshallah and I understand what you are going through. I would suggest that you learn the actions of praying namaaz immediately as the actual prayer will take you a little bit longer to learn. Until you have learned the prayer you can just pray by doing the actions and insh'allah you will be rewarded for it. When I first reverted I used to pray doing just the actions and at the same time I was learning the prayer and as soon as I learnt the prayer I added it to the actions. Also and the end of you're namaaz make dua to allah (swt) to guide you and help you to learn you're namaaz and inshallah it will help.

Please dont put too much pressure on yourself if you have just reverted as it does take time to learn all that allah requires of us and allah (swt) is the most forgiving so always ask allah to forgive you and insh'allah you will be forgiven.

Also try to build a circle of friends who are already practising that can help you to learn, that will build you're confidence insh'allah.

Good luck not that you're need it!

Masalam
Sister Maryam

Globalpeace

Banned
Guilty Feelings?

Asslamo Allaikum,

Welcome to the family of 1.5 billion. It is a great blessing of the creator to have guided you to Him & His Path, Masha'Allah.

May He give you strength and steadfastness in it (Ameen).

Feeling of guilt is common to many (reverts & born Muslims) and it is actually a sign of faith that you care about something enough to feel guilty about.

We all go through emotional ups and downs and its important to realise that & continue to work. Occasionally we all forget to wake up for Faj'r or fail to do something on time; its part of us as we are all humans.

Allah (SWT) is merciful as He says in the Qur'aan:

[Say "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves (by sinning), do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He Who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.](Az-Zumar 39:53)

Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has said,

`Umar ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: Captives were brought to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) after a battle. Among them was a woman desperately searching for something. When she laid her eyes on a baby she immediately picked it up, clutched it to her breast and started feeding it. Thereupon, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked, "Do you think this woman would throw her child into a fire?" We said, "Never! By Allah!" The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this woman is to her child." (Muslim)

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Allah has divided Mercy into one hundred parts. He kept ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down one part to the earth, and because of that one single part, His creatures are merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoof away from its foal, lest it should trample it." (Al-Bukhari)

So the point is we turn to Allah (SWT) in peace and adversity and realise that we are NOT perfect and occasionally we will mess up.
My journey to Islam has been a spiritual awakening and I had a great journey. Now that I have been Muslim for over a week, I have been getting guilty feelings. Guilty feelings of missing prayers and not doing them on time and missing many. When my journey began, it was a great learning experience. Now that im Muslim, I feel Ive signed up for tough obligations - which is small compared to the overall blessing but still, the obligations carry guilt if theyre not met.

Any converts here felt some guilt afterwards?