Video Convert to Islam - Talib bin Taison

kayanat

Is it true that when you convert to Islam, Allah forgives you for your past & forgets it and you start a fresh? I really want to know if after you convert to Islam is your past forgotten and forgiven?Is it fair to say that before you turned to islam you can do bad things and be a bad person but once you convert then you know the truth and the past is wiped away? Then why cant my Husband forgive & forget?

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Yes sister this is absolutely true. Allah is so merciful that HE forgives all big and small previous sins of His servant who becomes Muslim. Allah also forgive sins of every muslim who do tauba (Astaghfar..repentence) sincerely with a firm intention that action (sin) will not be done again. Allah is so much so merciful to HIS creations that HE forgives son of Adam thousands times if he seeks forgiveness. Allah is the Lord of the worlds. HIS dominion is in the heavens and earth. He is one and only. He is the only one who is Al-Rahman...No other creature can be like HIM... no human can be like HIM... no human can forgive like He forgives.

This is also my experience sister that people do not forget and forgive very easily. May Allah help you and put love and mercy in the heart of your husband for you. Certainly HE is the only one who turns the hearts.

Many prayers for you and welcome to the forum.

:wasalam:

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Dear sister

(What is said regarding the superiority of) a person who embraces Islam sincerely

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

Allah Messenger said, "If a person embraces Islam sincerely, then Allah shall forgive all his past sins, and after that starts the settlement of accounts, the reward of his good deeds will be ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and an evil deed will be recorded as it is unless Allah forgives it" [1:40(A)-O.B](Sahih Al-Bukhari)

And another:

Ad-Din (good righteous deed -act of worship) loved most by Allah is that which is done regularly

Narrated Aisha r.a: Once the Prophet came while a woman was sitting with me. He said, "Who is she?" I replied, "She is so and so," and told him about her (excessive) praying. He said disapprovingly, "Do (good) deeds which are within your capacity (without being overtaxed) as Allah does not get tired of giving rewards but (surely) you will get tired and Ad-Din (good righteous deed - act of worship loved most by Allah) is that which is done regularly." [1:41 -O.B](Sahih Al-Bukhari)