converting for sake of love

Abde_Safia

hello...Im Safia

I am engaged to a man who is muslim....I am doing alot of searching about ISLAM because I want to have a great marriage with my love, being of the Christian faith...I want to know all about ISLam, my fiance would like if I convert to ISLAM..but he said it must be a heart decision..he said if I just convert to his faith to please him this is not a good thing..although I am very disallutioned with christianity(many contradictions) many of my friends tell me if I do convert, I am going to lose them as friends, they will not be able to be around me as they say they will be unequally yolked with me...I dont understand if God is love and he loves everyone why would they turn away from me...dont we serve one God...im so confused..PLEASE HELP....SAFIA:girl3:

Imad

Thanks Safia,

I ask Allah subhanahu to open your heart for the truth. Ask yourself the following Question, ok.

Who is the one i want to please?

If you ask me this Question, i will answer " Allah". He is my Creator, He is the one Who gave me the ablility to see. He is the One Who gave me legs to walk. He is the One Who gave me a heart to love others and many more.

Allah says:
وَإِن تَعُدُّواْ نِعْمَةَ اللّهِ لاَ تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ اللّهَ لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌِ
Translation:" If ye would count up the favours of Allah, never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful"
{16:18}

So why not Worshipping Allah alone all praise is due to Him.

An other Question, please ask your self this Question.

Do you think your friends will save you from the torment of Hell?

If you ask me this Question my answer will be: No they will never save me if Allah wants to punish me. May Allah protect me from the torment of Hell.

Allag says:
وَبَرَزُواْ لِلّهِ جَمِيعًا فَقَالَ الضُّعَفَاء لِلَّذِينَ اسْتَكْبَرُواْ إِنَّا كُنَّا لَكُمْ تَبَعًا فَهَلْ أَنتُم مُّغْنُونَ عَنَّا مِنْ عَذَابِ اللّهِ مِن شَيْءٍ قَالُواْ لَوْ هَدَانَا اللّهُ لَهَدَيْنَاكُمْ سَوَاء عَلَيْنَآ أَجَزِعْنَا أَمْ صَبَرْنَا مَا لَنَا مِن مَّحِيصٍِ

translation: "They will all be marshalled before Allah together: then will the weak say to those who were arrogant, "For us, we but followed you; can ye then avail us to all against the wrath of Allah?" They will reply, "If we had received the Guidance of Allah, we should have given it to you: to us it makes no difference (now) whether we rage, or bear (these torments) with patience: for ourselves there is no way of escape."
{14:21}

Ya Allah i ask you to protect also this woman from Hell. Ya Allah i'am grateful

Thanks for reading

loveislam1

Welcome Safia! May ALAH subhana wa t'ala open your heart give you right guidance and give you wisdom knowledge and understanding.

Only Allah subhana wa t'ala knows what is in your heart and you taking shahada and beleiving in Allah and HIS last messenger the 5 pillars of islam and the 6 articles of faith is what makes you a muslim, and NO ONE can say otherwise or try to criticise you for HOW you are coming to islam, ALlah guides in many ways,

Just because you met and are to marry a a muslim doesnt mean you are converting for love, it simply means you met a man who has opened your eyes to things you didnt know before and were ignorant of, now you are now learning about the deen of all of the prophets (PBUT) and wanting to follow Jesus ali salaw a salam as he and GOD intended.

About your christian friends, most of the time you will grow apart anyway, sad but true, but I have nothing in common with non muslims anymore Should you try to remain friends and be nice? Yes you can try but if they cut you out of thier lives ther eis nothing you can do, and quite honestly good ridance....it is a blessing allhamdullilah that some peopel are not in our lives.

ssister

sister if the whole world turns against you but you have allah (swt)by ur side that is more than enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

abdul ghaleeb

may Allaah(swt) guide you to a staraight path
may Allaah(swt) 's merciful light peirce all the hearts of the kafirin(those that disbeliev in allaah(swt) and his messenger)

may there be a day when all falseness perishes and the truth of islam shines above the rest in all hearts

amin

OmarTheFrench

hello...Im Safia

I am engaged to a man who is muslim....I am doing alot of searching about ISLAM because I want to have a great marriage with my love, being of the Christian faith...I want to know all about ISLam, my fiance would like if I convert to ISLAM..but he said it must be a heart decision..he said if I just convert to his faith to please him this is not a good thing..although I am very disallutioned with christianity(many contradictions) many of my friends tell me if I do convert, I am going to lose them as friends, they will not be able to be around me as they say they will be unequally yolked with me...I dont understand if God is love and he loves everyone why would they turn away from me...dont we serve one God...im so confused..PLEASE HELP....SAFIA:girl3:

Salam sister,

I'm a revert and I passed by what you pass...

After my conversion I lost "false friends", but my "veritable friends" never gone, if they abandon you, they are not your friends

abou haytam

hi safia,

your huband is right, you can t convert for love. it should come from your heart. in my opinion, start by reading Qoran, you will find many answers to your quetions. make it step by step your research and incha allah you will findthe thrut.

peace

Angela Hillyer

I am a revert to islam alhamadulilah.

I was once in your shoes, and i thought that i might just be considering islam for my fiance but i now know that i didn't convert to islam for my fiance but i think Allah guided me to islam through him, if that makes sense? And my iman (faith) is growing stronger everyday alhamadulilah!!

I lost alot of friends that i thought were true. But they are the blind ones!
You will make new friends inshallah. But your husband is right islam does have to be in your heart.

Inshallah Allah will guide you down the right path.

shahidah123

Why not start going for classes to understand & learn more about Islam ?
Ask from Allah to guide you, InsyaAllah. And true friends don't put conditions to a friendship. They should be able to accept & respect you, being you. Not what they want you to be. If Allah wills, you can have better friends than them.

amir_al_shahid

Many of us converts have experionced problems with family and friends after becoming muslims, in this period u will se who is a friend worth ceeping and who is not, since i converted i have only 1 friend left that i knew before becoming a muslim.

And as the others are saying u should not convert to make anyone happy, u should convert only if u belive in Allah and islam.

mnemonicus

:salam2:

First, I am responding to this thread because I am an American who is soon to convert to Islam myself - but I certainly don't know what you're going through as far as marriage goes, so I can't empathize there...

Let me just briefly share with you my experience in religion, and a few things that I think we have in common, as well as a few insights into this kind of struggle.

First, I was born and raised a Catholic, and I took to evangelical Christianity in my teens. From youth I knew of the contradiction and illogic of my faith, but it was my love of God that kept me in. I did not embrace Christianity because I totally agreed with the Bible, or because I wanted friends... The reality of God and the reality of his love for this world kept me coming back, because, honestly, I had no other outlet for my love of God. Indeed, since my earliest youth, I had a deep belief in tawheed, and this was my true faith... I loved and admired Jesus, but I loved God more.

Second, when I went to university, I began to learn about Islam from both a religious point of view and a scholarly point of view. In short, what I learned was that Islam provided the purest, cleanest, most logical and intelligent outlet for my faith, which up to that point was a simple monotheism. Come to find out, this was the basis of Islam. My intense love and longing for Allah now had a clear outlet and a foundation upon which to build.

In short, what I'm trying to tell you is that if you're going to convert - do it out of love for God, and no one else. Explore the idea of tawheed, and use it as a foundation. Listen to the words of the Prophet, and follow his example. Read the Message he brought to mankind; it is clear guidance. Islam is a good faith, and it, as far as I have learned and practiced - is all about love for God, which is very natural for me, and thus so is my submission to Allah. I hope that you are blessed by God, and that if you come to Islam, you do so because you love God first and foremost. Your marriage, while very important, is infinitely unimportant in matters of the heart where Allah, the Most Merciful, Most Gracious, is concerned.

Sorry for the length of this post... but anyway, God bless you..

:wasalam:

hello...Im Safia

I am engaged to a man who is muslim....I am doing alot of searching about ISLAM because I want to have a great marriage with my love, being of the Christian faith...I want to know all about ISLam, my fiance would like if I convert to ISLAM..but he said it must be a heart decision..he said if I just convert to his faith to please him this is not a good thing..although I am very disallutioned with christianity(many contradictions) many of my friends tell me if I do convert, I am going to lose them as friends, they will not be able to be Iaround me as they say they will be unequally yolked with me...I dont understand if God is love and he loves everyone why would they turn away from me...dont we serve one God...im so confused..PLEASE HELP....SAFIA:girl3:

Hey Safia,

What kind of "friends" are they? If any. If their God teaches them love, aren't your friends contradicting and being hypocritical to their own scriptures? Unfortunetly they don't worship the true Creator of this world and the next - thus, it makes their logic and ideas false to begin with! Friends come and go, but God is forever.

Islam teaches brotherhood and sisterhood - no wonder our ties are so strong no matter who and where we meet a Muslim in the world! As soon as you say "Asalaamalikum" and they are Muslim then you can feel a slight ease in your heart and trust them as your friend because you share many similarities and interests.

I use to have many non-Muslim friends, but I cut most of them because I did not benefit from them.

May God help you on your journey.

Abde_Safia

thank you for your wisdom

Hiiiii this is Safia...

Thank you all for your advice on converting to Islam....I appreciate all the wisdom you all have supplied me...another question??? Can I contact my local mosque and ask to talk to another sister that can possibly mentor me on a one to one basis..face to face..is that something that can be provided since i am new to Islam...I didnt know if that was done in accordance with the Islam faith...Has anyone else done this???...thanks in advance for your answers..your sister...Safia

ScotsMuslim

Live for Allah and His Rasool (saw)
Sister.... offcourse u can do that! there should be someone to help you.. May Allah help you n guide u and help us all n guide us all! Ameen!

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

Sister, I think there is a good number of people that converted after coming to know another Muslim. I too got to know a Muslim man and fell in love with him and it took me a couple months of self reflection to decide if I was converting because I felt it was the truth or if I was fooling myself and really was doing it for him. Eventually I was able to detach my feelings for him from my feelings about the religion and I came to realize that even if him and I weren't together, I would still be a Muslim. That's when I decided I was ready to convert.

If you are to convert, look at what your life will be like... YOUR life, independent of anyone else. The religion is beautiful and there is great benefit for this life and of course the Hereafter. Read the Qur'an. Learn the day to day living. Is this something you want for yourself? Is this something you want for your child(ren)? My suggestion is to then look at your husband again. Does he have the pious character you require of a Muslim man, as a Muslim woman?

As for asking the masjid for a mentor, some have those services and some don't. If the place you contact doesn't have that, then they might know who does. It never hurts to ask.