converting

cajora

For all the former Christians ; what made you convert to Islam? Did something draw you too it. What kind of Christian were you? I was catholic but dont consider myself that any more.

:tti_sister:

AndiRB

:salam2: dear Kathy,

actually there is something very peculiar about reverts, everyone has a different story to tell. It seems that Allah, God, chooses a very special way for everyone of us.

A friend of mine was actually dreaming about her passed away father. She saw him dressed like a muslim in a garden. That's how she started to become a muslim.

I myself was reading about the miracles in the Quran when I came across the prophecies of Muhammed s.a.s. in the Bible. Rereading the Bible passages it was christal clear for me that the only way I can fulfill my religion as a christian (was catholic, too) is to become a muslim.

I'm curious to hear what makes you think about reverting.

Your sister (inshallah soon in faith)
Andrea
:wasalam:

cajora

Thank you for your reply!
I have been feeling unfulfilled in Christianity;always have. I cannot comprehend Jesus is God. How can a meir man be God? When Jesus was praying to God; who was he praying to if heaven was empty? It is very hard to believe for me. Honestly, Islam seems to be a more "peaceful" religion. That statement is hard for people to here with all the violence in the name of "Allah". But I feel more peace when I think of God and his oneness.

loveislam1

Welcome sis to TTI!
I was never baptized into any church allhamdullilah. I went to baptist church when I was younger but was never satisifed with Jesus=GOD trinity concept, I also began studying the Council of Nicea and the Books of Barnubus and other gospels left out of the Injel when I was in college and then came across Ahmed Deedat,Allahrhamo. He opened my eyes to what was so contradictory in the Bible, like Deutronomy 18:18 about them raising up a PROPHET like unto Moses. The Chrisitans say it was the holy ghost HOWEVER it clearly says A PROPHET and to this day the holy ghoist has yet to reveal to them ANYTHING let alone EVERYTHING as the vese said.....the verse it also uses 8 "He's" in that verse, it is talking about a man not a ghost,

Anyway I watched all of Ahmed Deedats videos and read a few of his books one of them being "The Choice" It was clear the person "The Comfortor" that was being refered to in this verse was Muhammed salalhu alahi wa salam. Muhammed salalhu alahi wa salam is mentioned BY NAME in the "Song of Solomon", some Jews accepted his prophethood and some christian monks as well, who knew that Muhammed salalhu alahi wa salam was coming, yet some denied him because he was was not from Sara and her son Issaq, he was from teh lineage of Ishmeal from teh son of Hajar and Abraham .

Subhanallah it is very clear, true oneness of GOD is only found in ISLAM, the acceptance of the miracle birth of Jesus by his Mother Mariam daughter of Imran one of the four perfect women is found in islam. ALl of the storis of ALL of the prophets are found in Islam from Adam to the seal of the Prophets Muhammed. peace and blessings be upon them. It wasnt just one thing it was the entire history it was filling in the missing dots from my childhood of all the things I couldnt understand....and just everytime i asked a question or guidance I would open the book to an exact page and find my answers subhanallah it was amazing to me!
I would suggest watching and reading anything from Ahmed Deedat may ALLAH subhana wa t'ala grant him the highst place in Jenna. If you need any help please feel free to PM me. I came to Islam 9 years ago allhamdullilah, mashallah Allahu Akbar and it was the BEST decision of my life.

AndiRB

I'm always amazed of how logical mind can't accept that there is such thing as a son of god. In Germany they did a research and found out that most of the converts are very intelligent people. And you are right, living islam gives you peace. At least I feel that way ;) - alhamdulilah.

Just go on asking and studying. You can learn a lot from this site. I do everytime I log in. Try to read Quran and authentic hadith (like Sahih al Bukhari, Sahih Muslim...). And most important ask God for guidance.

:wasalam:

loveislam1

I wanted to add one more thing:
After reading Quran it was clear to me this book was the word of GOD, memorized by millions and unchanged for all time subhanallah another promise fulfilled BY Allah glory to Him the most High

Thank you for your reply!
I have been feeling unfulfilled in Christianity;always have. I cannot comprehend Jesus is God. How can a meir man be God? When Jesus was praying to God; who was he praying to if heaven was empty? It is very hard to believe for me. Honestly, Islam seems to be a more "peaceful" religion. That statement is hard for people to here with all the violence in the name of "Allah". But I feel more peace when I think of God and his oneness.

I encourage you to watch "Jesus A Prophet Of Allah" by Shaykh Khalid Yasin.
Islam is monothiesm in the purest form. 1 God (Allah swt) and the rest messengers of God (peace be upon them).

I agree, who would be preserving and guarding the heavens if Jesus (pbuh) Christians say is God in the flesh :astag: . Does God need to eat, sleep?

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." (This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat al-Kursi)

somewhatinspired

yeah

the whole son of god thing just got me all wrong from the beginning.

and my pastor would say things like Jesus was a Jew, so i would ask my dad shouldn't we be Jewish? then everyone would get all mad and say things like Jesus IS god,how dare you say that.then i would say well if god was Jewish we should be Jewish right? then they would say things like Jesus suffered, and died for our sins. and i would ask how could god DIE for our sins.

and i just looked for something more logical

then my mom converted to Islam

and i began to learn about that.

a few years later i said i wanted to be a Muslim

but since then it has taken me a long time to stick

because i live with my dad.

ive just now married and started to pray.

mnemonicus

Having been raised a Catholic, and then having taken to evangelical Christianity in my youth, I was thoroughly indoctrinated. I suppose the one good thing about that was that I met God this way, and he never let me go.

I then went away to college for many years. My worldview crumbled. I could no longer sustain my Christian beliefs. I was overcome with despair. Nothing mattered because I seemingly lost my spirituality which was an anchor for me, and I could not bring together what I had learned and my religion. I was adrfit and lost. It was a time of ignorance and sin for me.

Islam creeped in for many years. It trickled in. It was a long process of awakening until the last few semesters when I began studying Qur'an, Arabic language, Middle Eastern and Islamic history, that it has become evident to me that there is no God but God, and that Muhammad is his prophet. My studies have opened my heart and mind to the truth.

What began as a very simple monotheism for me from my earliest days was polluted by all sorts of erroneous stuff. God demolished that thinking in my heart, and rebuilt it through study, prayer, and his mercy.

It's as simple as that.

umm hussain

For all the former Christians ; what made you convert to Islam? Did something draw you too it. What kind of Christian were you? I was catholic but dont consider myself that any more.

:tti_sister:

Hie
I was Catholic as well, baptised and confirmed. Forced to go to church every Sunday and when I became an unruly teenager was 'marched' to confession to the priest of course. I couldn't understand why I had to confess to a human being and this is one of the things that led me to islam.

You can read my story here

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6243&highlight=reversion+story

and you may look at this as well, just something I have observed about Catholics or ex Catholics

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6661&highlight=catholics