Converts and marriage question

Lonnie

I am just beginning to learn about Islam, so please forgive me if I am asking a dumb or inappropriate question. My question is this: If a husband and wife were at one time Christian and had been married in a Christian ceremony, when they convert to Islam is their Christian marriage considered valid or would they need to be married in an Islamic marriage ceremony after they converted to Islam?

a_stranger

:salah:

You are most welcome dear sister, I am not a scholar , I think no need for a new ceremony. May Allah keep our faith firm in our hearts and gather us in Janna Aamen.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Islam recognizes the validity of marriages of the other Abrahamic religions. There's no need for another ceremony.

bmw540i

Salaams,
Mashallah may Allah keep you happy in Islam.

Your Christian marriage valid.This is the beauty of Islam.

Lonnie

Being an example for my wife

I am plannng to convert to Islam very soon. One question about my wife. She is a Christian although not very strong in her belief. I think that by me living rightly she will see how Islam has made me a better person and hope she will follow my example. Any other suggestions that I might present to her to help her consider Islam for herself ?