Cooking

uk_brother786

:salam2:

I have been research about 'how to be good husband'

So i found it from Islamway.com,

its said

'If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is one of the ways Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives - radi Allahu 'anhunn. It's a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.'

My q is: She invited my family to eat in my house so she is cooking, if she cooks something wrong, for example , too much salt, should i tell her? if i dont , she might be get upset or embrass? she might blame me?

Thanks!

W-salaam!

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Ofcourse you can tell her, but in a polite and caring way. Telling here that the guests eat less salt as you like :D. Or tell her that sometimes "my tongue cant tolerate a little amount of salt, is'nt it?" :D She will understand.

If you are totally frank and she is also, then you can directly tell her by addressing her with some lovely name, :D.

OR, you can ask here, where is her very good cooking style which she used to have? :D.

Well, above few suggestions and not some Fatwas, I am not a scholar.

Wasslaam,
VE

I have been research about 'how to be good husband'

So i found it from Islamway.com,

its said

'If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is one of the ways Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - used when he would see something inappropriate from his wives - radi Allahu 'anhunn. It's a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.'

My q is: She invited my family to eat in my house so she is cooking, if she cooks something wrong, for example , too much salt, should i tell her? if i dont , she might be get upset or embrass? she might blame me?

Thanks!

W-salaam!

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

This is really nice of you bro and look ppl blame muslims of being bad to their wives and here is a muslim who even fears asking his wife about salt. Great ! May Allah give you the required courage to ask her. Am i sounding sarcastic ? :SMILY149: If i do then let me tell u i am not. Was really happy to see such a caring and loving guy. Allah bless you bro. I think some girl really got lucky :SMILY288:

Sister June

salaam
My husband cooks sometimes, i dont have to worry about salt, with him I have to worry about spices! OM he can eat it VERY SPICEY. I think the tears in my eyes gave him a hint it was too much!
But we come from different cultures, so we have different tastes.:tti_sister:

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
In dealing with your wife's cooking, it is best to treat her like a tiger with a toothache. Don't turn your back and use all caution! lol No, you should politely tell her "Hon...I think this is a bit salty. I heard that if you add a little sugar to it, the salt taste will fade." Something along those lines.
Do not be short. It is an important meal for her. She wants to show your family that she is a good wife, who is able to prepare a fine meal and create a pleasant environment for them. So...treat her with respect, and for your own sake, offer to help in the kitchen. If you cannot help with the preparations, atleast help with the cleaning.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
salaam
My husband cooks sometimes, i dont have to worry about salt, with him I have to worry about spices! OM he can eat it VERY SPICEY. I think the tears in my eyes gave him a hint it was too much!
But we come from different cultures, so we have different tastes.:tti_sister:

AsslaamuAlaikum,

Dear Sister, your name 'June' tells that you come from some culture where temperature is very high so people cant eat hot n spicy food. :D

Note: Month of June is the hottest in many countries.

ok ok, dont take is serious, please, otherwise moderator of this site is very strict in capital punishment. :D

Wasslaam,
VE

najbc

:ma: When someone was cooking all day, it is really hard to tell them that there is something wrong with the food. The best solution is by fixing and latter telling her about. You are a caring husband and your wife is luck to have you.

ayunus

One among the Chosen
How it is in our home

Assalaamu Alaikum brother,

Alhamdulillah that you are showing concern in learning more and enhancing your eeman. May Allah make it easy for you. Iam married for 1.5 years, and I learnt cooking only when I started working...that means, form the last 3 years. Hence I do explore and it turns away very bad sometimes...and my husband, masha allah is a very good partner...the moment he takes his first morsel of food, if he says, "Masha Allah ! This is very good / May Allah bless you with more reward! (etc)", I know the food is at its best...and if he doesnt say anything, I ask him personally, how did he like it and if he says"Masha Allah!", then it was better...and if he says nothing till he finished eating, and only smiles to my question that means the food was not good at all...so this it the way he does...may be you can try it this way...or sometimes if the food is really very bad...you can say it frankly--only if u ppl are open-discussion type..insha Allah.

I feel good when my husband reacts in the above said way...and if he stays silent, i myself try to analyse what was the problem with the food..so that I can correct it next time..I think that should be a good way for any sister, insha Allah. Let us know if anything helped you.

P.S: If it is only about salt, then add diced potatoes or flour or cooked rice to absorb excessive salt-ina curry...you can also try adding lemon juice/tamarind pulp / beaten curd...all this works only for curries.

seekingtruth2

asalaamu alakikom waramatullahe
brother..... if she adds too much salt when she cooks just tell her in advance of the dinner to please add a little less salt next time as it does not suite to your tastes..... its better to say something then have her embarrased and have peoples talk behind her back!!!!!!!!! you will be being a good husband to say to her at an appropriate time and in an appropriate manner and make sure to tell her you love her and that everything else she does is PERFECT!!!!!

sister in response to your husbands food is too spicy when he cooks this is not a difficulty between me and my husband even though I am american because I ALWAYS add too much spice for everyone!!!!!!lol.... everyone except my husband that is............ I had an indian lady once say to me that I might not like her food because of the spice in it....lol.... it was the blandest food i think i had ever eaten........ (not that i ever said anything....)
you will inshaAllah get used to spicy foods in time......... ask Allah swt to make it so for you.........
your sister in islam
fatima