cows milk

umm hussain

On the authority of 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (radhiyallaahu 'anhu), the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Drink cow's milk! For verily it originates from all kinds of vegetation, and it is a cure for every illness."

It was collected by Al-Haakim. Al-Albaanee called it saheeh in Saheeh Jaami' As-Sagheer (#4059).

Does any one else know of hadiths or Ayaahs which talk about health benefits in food or drink.

visionusman

being content
buy the book titled: Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet SAW by Imam Ibn Qayyum Al-Jauziyah
Translated by Jalal Abual Rub and edited by Abdul Rahman Abdullah (formerly Raymond J. Manderola) Fordham University USA
The book was published by DarusSalam

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

Prophet Muhamed (scw) said "A family that has Dates will not be hungry." (Muslim)

Prophet Muhamed (scw) said, "Eat olive oil and anoint yourself with it, for it comes from blessed tree." Also (scw) was seen eating cucumber with fresh dates. (Muslim)

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brothers/Sisters,

I like this Ayah:

“O ye who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you, and render thanks to Allah if it is (indeed) He whom ye worship” (2:172).

Asslamo Allaikum All,

First and foremost I am not a Muslim Hakeem & certainly no expert but as a word of caution I would like to add something…

Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) has described the healing properties of many food items in many different Ahadeeth; however these Ahadeeth when interpreted by a laymen (I mean a laymen in Islamic medicine [Hakeem] and Not Hadeeth) can have adverse affects and can also be dangerous

I am just a student in Islamic medicine but these issues are described in great detail by Hakeems, e.g.:

1) Lets take Cows Milk; when Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is talking about Cows milk, he is certainly talking about Cows on organic diet (not injected with Antibiotics) and the Milk was not pasteurised. If you read the medical research today you will find that most Milk allergies are due to the later that I have described
2) Black Seeds & Honey are abundantly described in Qur’aan and Sunnah…Certain companies in the West MIX the two together and market a paste…The usage of the two together has never been advocated together either by Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) or by Muslim Hakeems…For Brothers who are using this paste please seek advice of a competent Muslim Hakeem
3) Islamic Medicine like Ayurvedic, Herbal & Homeopathic medicine is based on Humours and temperament and what can be superb for 1 person can have devastating effects on another person. As even scholars of Hadeeth have pointed out that certain foods were recommended by Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) FOR the Arabs so using these things can have the opposite effect on someone living in the West (different climate, diet & lifestyle)

Again, just a word of caution

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

To anyone who has cooked this before; is it similar in consistency & look to Porridge?

To anyone in America: We used to get a lot of GRITS (I think thats what it was called) in the Military in America; what exactly is it?