Criticizing Food !!

dandorma

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him )never criticized food;if he liked it ,he ate it,otherwise he would leave it"(Bukhari & Muslim).......

This applies to permissible food.The reason is :not hurting the feelings
of the one who made it,be it one`s wife or daughter or others; and
avoiding arrogance. That includes criticizing its appearance or the way it
is made, such as saying it is salty,sour,or not cooked well.That does not
include asking about it in order to find out whether it contains things that
one likes or does not like.

Thanks for reading my topic ,I wish to see your opinions .Wa asslamu

alikum.........

aishah_2304m

peace lover
asalamualikyum wr wb dear sister dandorma....is dat hadith authentic???...am sory as i din relli find dat...

1) Narrated Abu Masud: When the verses of charity were revealed, we used to work as porters. A man came and distributed objects of charity in abundance. And they (the people) said, "He is showing off." And another man came and gave a sa (a small measure of food grains); they said, "Allah is not in need of this small amount of charity." And then the Divine Inspiration came: "Those who criticize such of the believers who give in charity voluntarily and those who could not find to give in charity except what is available to them." (9.79). (Book #24, Hadith #496)

(2) Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet never criticized any food (presented him), but he would eat it if he liked it; otherwise, he would leave it (without expressing his dislike). (Book #56, Hadith #764)

(3) Narrated Abu Musud: When we were ordered to give alms, we began to work as porters (to earn something we could give in charity). Abu Uqail came with one half of a Sa (special measure for food grains) and another person brought more than he did. So the hypocrites said, "Allah is not in need of the alms of this (i.e. 'Uqail); and this other person did not give alms but for showing off." Then Allah revealed:-- 'Those who criticize such of the Believers who give charity voluntarily and those who could not find to give in charity except what is available to them.' (9.79) (Book #60, Hadith #190)

(4) Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet never criticized any food (he was invited to) but he used to eat if he liked the food, and leave it if he disliked (Book #65, Hadith #320)

hope insha Allah dis helps.