Curious

Hello. My name is Mindy and I am currently a Christian. My husband is Muslim and would like to learn more about Islam for possible conversion one day, but in the very least I have decided that our children will be raised Muslim so I would like to at least learn more for them. Any one that can communicate through email or even send me some Islamic websites; there are so many sites and I don't know which ones are accurate, so any guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Welcome to this forum. The following sites are helpful in learning more about Islam:

1) The Deen Show: I recommend watching the interviews with Dr. Dirk for your first few shows. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on the link to see the shows:
http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=guest&id=9

The interview with Dr. Brown is also interesting:
http://thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=detail&id=1102

2) The following website has great articles on Islam:
http://www.islamreligion.com/

Perhaps some other revert sisters can greet and talk to you more about their experiences in Islam.

hana*

welcome,

I recommend that you read the translation of the Quran, it has all the answers to life in it and is the key to happiness.

i also recommend

* a brief illustrated guide to understanding Islam
* the true message of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him)

all the best

( feel free to ask any questions you have regarding islam :) )

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Hello Mindy,

A very warm Welcome to TTI.

Your concerns about authentic information on the internet are correct.

One of the characteristics of authentic Islamic information is that it is backed up with references from Quran and Hadeeth (Sayings and Life of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: which are basically explanation of the Quran)
rather than opinion of the author.

There is lot of authentic information on Islam on TTI. below are the links:

Below are the links of the some of the MOST important issues in Islam

Learn About Allah, The One and Only God, The Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

Who deserves to be Worshipped Alone?

Islam 101

You might want to explore Islamic Articles Library
for more such articles.

And if you have questions please free to ask.

JENNAH.K.

A lot liking Islam

Hi Mindy,

I too am Christian with a Muslim husband (since early 2009). I have experienced such a huge transition in my life and have turned from being somewhat fearful of Islam to someone who is increasingly angered by ignorant views of Islam.

I too have decided I would like my children to be raised as Muslim (and although my husband has always wanted this he never enforced this upon me). Having looked at the character of my husabnd and how he treats those around him I think he has become this man because of his religion and want my children to follow.

Of course this puts me very much on the verge of converting to Islam. In fact I cant really use any solid reason that I agree with to not convert... so is it going to happen? .Maybe/Probably.

One thing that made me shudder was the idea of my husband marrying other women. The thought just destroys me. Yes - I only want my husband to want me - me as 'number 2' and God as 'number 1'. When I admitted this to my husband he was very reassuring that he is also highly uncomfortable with the idea and definately does not want to marry again and that I am 'his everything'. He also admits he wants me to only love him and no other - so he understands my feelings 100%.

None of his four brothers have more tahn one wifer, nor father, nor anyone I met in his locality. Now I witness the rarity of polygamy in Islam I guess I am comfortable with other men having up to four wives doing that if all parties concerned want that too. But finding things about the Quran that have initially shocked me leaves me a bit scared ... what else might pop up??

Love to know if you have any of these 'whats coming up next if I convert' queries...:girl3::SMILY34:

Peace

JENNAH K

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

SISTER SATAN PUTS DOUBT but Allah guides..
the wife of prophet lot didnot convert to his way the way of truth.
the wife of prophet noah didnot convert but the example of the wife of abraham is there.

also worth mentioning is the fate of the son of prophet noah who died in the tide and the fate of ismael whose sacrifcie and obedience to his father abraham is well rememberd by muslims everyyear.

truly the lap of the mother is the school of the kids.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

polygamy -it is given in the quran marry two ,three or four but only one if u cannot do justice and surely u cannot do justice.

so polygamy is exeption not rule.

unlike earlier when there was no rule on number of wives.

after worldwar church said allow polygamy because of the lmillion men killed in war but pope etc declined due to ego.

result women were forced to work to earn livelihood and the concept of spinster came.no doubt the no of single mothers has increased ever since.

kamelia23

Welcome to this site and I am also newbie here.
My name is Camelia and I have just recently join this site.
I am here to interact with people and definitely get
the information regarding experiencefestival community.
Glad to join this site.

hana*

Hi Mindy,

I too am Christian with a Muslim husband (since early 2009). I have experienced such a huge transition in my life and have turned from being somewhat fearful of Islam to someone who is increasingly angered by ignorant views of Islam.

I too have decided I would like my children to be raised as Muslim (and although my husband has always wanted this he never enforced this upon me). Having looked at the character of my husabnd and how he treats those around him I think he has become this man because of his religion and want my children to follow.

Of course this puts me very much on the verge of converting to Islam. In fact I cant really use any solid reason that I agree with to not convert... so is it going to happen? .Maybe/Probably.

One thing that made me shudder was the idea of my husband marrying other women. The thought just destroys me. Yes - I only want my husband to want me - me as 'number 2' and God as 'number 1'. When I admitted this to my husband he was very reassuring that he is also highly uncomfortable with the idea and definately does not want to marry again and that I am 'his everything'. He also admits he wants me to only love him and no other - so he understands my feelings 100%.

None of his four brothers have more tahn one wifer, nor father, nor anyone I met in his locality. Now I witness the rarity of polygamy in Islam I guess I am comfortable with other men having up to four wives doing that if all parties concerned want that too. But finding things about the Quran that have initially shocked me leaves me a bit scared ... what else might pop up??

Love to know if you have any of these 'whats coming up next if I convert' queries...:girl3::SMILY34:

Peace

JENNAH K

I sincerely hope that you become a Muslim, it will be the best decision you ever take, with no regrets whatsoever. like you said there are so many interested in Islam. with respects to four wives, I admire how you said God number 1 and you number 2. like you stated, the four wives scenario is actually a rarity and the majority of men do not marry more than one. why? firstly Islam allowed men to marry more than one wife because the percentage of women in the world far exceeds that of men. if every man was paired with one woman (excluding homosexuals in this), there would be alot of single women, what would they do? become public property? secondly, at the time of the Prophet peace be upon him, many men died from battle, thus many women were left widows, so Islam permitted a man to take on a second wife to take care of her, it makes sense.

although i agree with you, i would die if my husband married again but I do understand the logic of it. many men cant afford to re-marry because they would have to buy a second house, car etc - whatever he has provided for the first wife, he would need to provide EXACTLY to the second wife.

JENNAH.K.

Thank you so much for your replies...

I have some good news.... after reading intensley about Ilsam for about 14 months I was lead to perform wudu and try a prayer. I called my husband (who is far away at the moment) to tell him. I thought I heard him sniffling and I asked if he was crying.. He was.... it warmed my heart so much and felt a lot of love.

That night I woke up at 4 am from a terrifying dream - althought it did have something good in it which I didnt realise until I felt brave enought to rethink ther dream. Basically in the dream I was being terroized by lots of evel women - it was truly horrible. Suddenly I figured out I could fly if I mad enough effort (flapping my arms... authentic flying...) and escaped. Meanwhile my husband and one of my husbands had been searching for a long time to try and find me. First in my dream I saw my husband's brother and he was so surprised and said, "You came so quickly!! I cant believeit... we thought we would not see you for a long time and we were so worried" Next my husband came out of the car and we just looked into each others eyes. Some more scarey events happened after that but I dont want to write about it.

The interstingt thing about this dream is first: My brother's husband has recently completed Haaj in Saudi Arabia. Apparently he had been crying a lot for me that I would accept Islam and I would be reunited with my Husband soon. My husband said he has cried a lot for me. I am really thinking that because my his brother had prayed for me during haaj that this is why I saw him first in my dream and that "you come so quickly" refers to "you accepted Islam so quickly"

So the next day I do wudu and try again at prayer. My husabnd calls and I start trying to say namaaz in Arabic to him. Then I tell him that I DO beleie that Muhammad is a prophet and messenger of God. And I REALLLY DO believe the Quaran. I really struggled to say "I am now muslim" because I have been Christian for so long. I felt incredibly shy to talk about it to my husband despite him being the kindest (yet strongest) person I know. It was very emotional because he was sniffling so much and so incredibly excited (he NEVER usually cries).

The rest of the night he called all his family members to say I had accepted Islam. At 11:30 pm last night I was talking to his other family members even though I couldnt understand them (they speak very little English).

I am very touched that they are all so happy. I am sad that now I am a muslim with no muslims around me... Please pray my husband is with me soon as I feel I need him. But then I guess God wants me to do this alone for now....

Hope you like my post...

JENNAH.K.

a few errors above (typing too quickly).... really should correct "Meanwhile my husband and one of my husbands had been searching.." this should be

Meanwhile my husband and one of my husband's brothers.

Thats a little ironic given I was soo troubled by the idea of men having more than one wife and then my writing implies I have more than one husabnd... oops.

I have just one forever INSHALLAH

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Congratulations on your reversion JENNAH. Ask Allah (The Exalted) to make it easy for you. Try the links posted above.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Excellent

You are to be commended for realizing that a family that share religious beliefs is a much stronger family. I too am new here and interested in Islam. There are so many benefits to the family when both parents are united in their beliefs and raise their children in their faith. Congratulation on your choice.

arzafar

Thank you so much for your replies...

I have some good news.... after reading intensley about Ilsam for about 14 months I was lead to perform wudu and try a prayer. I called my husband (who is far away at the moment) to tell him. I thought I heard him sniffling and I asked if he was crying.. He was.... it warmed my heart so much and felt a lot of love.

That night I woke up at 4 am from a terrifying dream - althought it did have something good in it which I didnt realise until I felt brave enought to rethink ther dream. Basically in the dream I was being terroized by lots of evel women - it was truly horrible. Suddenly I figured out I could fly if I mad enough effort (flapping my arms... authentic flying...) and escaped. Meanwhile my husband and one of my husbands had been searching for a long time to try and find me. First in my dream I saw my husband's brother and he was so surprised and said, "You came so quickly!! I cant believeit... we thought we would not see you for a long time and we were so worried" Next my husband came out of the car and we just looked into each others eyes. Some more scarey events happened after that but I dont want to write about it.

The interstingt thing about this dream is first: My brother's husband has recently completed Haaj in Saudi Arabia. Apparently he had been crying a lot for me that I would accept Islam and I would be reunited with my Husband soon. My husband said he has cried a lot for me. I am really thinking that because my his brother had prayed for me during haaj that this is why I saw him first in my dream and that "you come so quickly" refers to "you accepted Islam so quickly"

So the next day I do wudu and try again at prayer. My husabnd calls and I start trying to say namaaz in Arabic to him. Then I tell him that I DO beleie that Muhammad is a prophet and messenger of God. And I REALLLY DO believe the Quaran. I really struggled to say "I am now muslim" because I have been Christian for so long. I felt incredibly shy to talk about it to my husband despite him being the kindest (yet strongest) person I know. It was very emotional because he was sniffling so much and so incredibly excited (he NEVER usually cries).

The rest of the night he called all his family members to say I had accepted Islam. At 11:30 pm last night I was talking to his other family members even though I couldnt understand them (they speak very little English).

I am very touched that they are all so happy. I am sad that now I am a muslim with no muslims around me... Please pray my husband is with me soon as I feel I need him. But then I guess God wants me to do this alone for now....

Hope you like my post...

woah, that was a moving story :mashallah:

hana*

a few errors above (typing too quickly).... really should correct "Meanwhile my husband and one of my husbands had been searching.." this should be

Meanwhile my husband and one of my husband's brothers.

Thats a little ironic given I was soo troubled by the idea of men having more than one wife and then my writing implies I have more than one husabnd... oops.

I have just one forever INSHALLAH

jennah im so touched by your post, i have goosebumps. welcome to islam my dear sister, I love you for the sake of Allah. you had such a beautiful dream and a good dream is from God, this is also indicative by the fact that you were flying in your dream, which is ver positive.

I can imagine how happy your husband must have been. how did it feel like to pray for the first time? God truely guides whom He wills to the straight path.

welcome once again :hearts:

hana*

You are to be commended for realizing that a family that share religious beliefs is a much stronger family. I too am new here and interested in Islam. There are so many benefits to the family when both parents are united in their beliefs and raise their children in their faith. Congratulation on your choice.

Dear Frank,

welcome to the forum, I wish you every success in your search for the truth and please do not hesitate to ask us anything, we are all here to help you. I hope that soon we will be able to congratulate you also.

peace