custard trifle (Anyone know how)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

umm this is really embarrasing im a brother with very lil experience in cooking , yea if u know me u know im horrible at cooking.
but this custard trifle is one of my favorite favorite desert , i went to someone house and the host made it im too shy to ask her does anyone know how to make this here

6184_MEDIUM.jpg

JazakAllah khair

ur brother

al-muslimah

Mashallah brother..this is the first time I see a brother that has interest in cooking..Mashallah!! lol..well its my favorite desert too so for sure i know how to do it..hmm mine is called custurd trifle but its kinda differant than the one in the pic..mine is a bit neater..anyway here I found the recipe for the one you want

http://www.recipezaar.com/Basic-Trifle-Recipe-119065

Very easy to prepare..so good luck! oh make sure you post us your home made trifle inshallah

walasalm

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I know how to make it, though the picture is way too advanced, mine is a little simpler.

Mashallah, brother are you going to make it yourself? :) It's very easy, though it takes time:

You need:

1. Sponge cake (or any basic plain pre-packaged cake you can get. obviously its the kind of cake without the frosting.)
2. A bottle of jam
3. Custard (Choose your own flavour, vanilla etc. And prepare it in advance, just follow the directions on the packet. You'll just need to dissolve it in some milk and cook for a while, then cool it in the refrigerator)
4. Whipping cream - beat well and add sugar and vanilla essence. The cream should be not very thick, definitely not like in the picture, unless you want to get instantly fat. It should be like more thicker than milk, but less thicker than honey.
5. Fresh cut fruits - apple, banana, orange, pineapple, grapes etc.

To assemble it:

Take a deep bowl. Layer the cake on the bottom of the dish. Spread the jam all over the cake, (if you want you can layer with some thin layers of cake again.. optional!). Then layer your ready cold custard over this. Mix the fruits in the cream, and layer all over. Dot with jam, or top with cherries or chopped almonds.

Chill about 2 hours before serving.

Enjoy :)

It's very simple, brother, but quite complicated. At my home, we only make it when we have some special guests coming over, and then too the whole family has to pitch in to help with the different steps. But its well worth it.

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

^sis you should try jelly instead of jam, its good also, though i never tried jam, but jelly is really nice because its not that dense so you can put a lot more jelly than you put jam. brother shaheerpak good luck with your trifle! :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

JazakAllah khair sis :) u all are so nice ALhumdulilah :D good thing of being a muslim :D u got ur sis to help u

and :) i know the picture looks way too advance i just grabbed it off the net cuz it looked so tasty :) but im pretty sure what you guyz told me :) will even be tastier lolz as long as i dont screw up like usual lol

al-muslimah to tell u the truth :) i dont really have that much interest in cooking :) i love Eating thou lol :D but i help around the house with my mom, but if u know me u'll always hear stories of me scrwing up really bad in cooking lol :) but thats the way thiings are but u know to eat something good u gotto work hard for it :) inshallah im going to try to make it with some help from my mom :) inshallah taala
and i'll take a pic and let u guyz know how it went as long as its not too bad and im too embarrased to post :) lol
thx again:) jazakAllah khairan

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
I know how to make it, though the picture is way too advanced, mine is a little simpler.

Mashallah, brother are you going to make it yourself? :) It's very easy, though it takes time:

You need:

1. Sponge cake (or any basic plain pre-packaged cake you can get. obviously its the kind of cake without the frosting.)
2. A bottle of jam
3. Custard (Choose your own flavour, vanilla etc. And prepare it in advance, just follow the directions on the packet. You'll just need to dissolve it in some milk and cook for a while, then cool it in the refrigerator)
4. Whipping cream - beat well and add sugar and vanilla essence. The cream should be not very thick, definitely not like in the picture, unless you want to get instantly fat. It should be like more thicker than milk, but less thicker than honey.

To assemble it:

Take a deep bowl. Layer the cake on the bottom of the dish. Spread the jam all over the cake, (if you want you can layer with some thin layers of cake again.. optional!). Then layer your ready cold custard over this. Mix the fruits in the cream, and layer all over. Dot with jam, or top with cherries or chopped almonds.

It's very simple, brother, but quite complicated. At my home, we only make it when we have some special guests coming over, and then too the whole family has to pitch in to help with the different steps. But its well worth it.

sis wow!..
good information, thanks, ill try tooo

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

You need:

2. A bottle of jam

To assemble it:

:salam2:
my moouth is already watering :) to tell u the truth it doesn't seeem that bad i make custard desert all the times , LOL i tried to make this once but i put bread instead of cake and didn't know alot , i ended up with pieces of bread in the custard not very tasty at all :)

thx sis :D for sure i'll try it out

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:wasalam:

^sis you should try jelly instead of jam, its good also, though i never tried jam, but jelly is really nice because its not that dense so you can put a lot more jelly than you put jam. brother shaheerpak good luck with your trifle! :)

oh sis, great tip! :) I think I *have* tried it with jelly once or twice, but... you know... that's one more step in the entire process, and it'll mean more work. lol!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

JazakAllah khair :) sis u all are so awesom :) and its so nice to know sisters in islam

u know :D i ate truffle 2 days ago (sorry about late reply) my mooommi :D made it :) thx for the recipe's everyone

sorry didn't take any pics lol was too eager to dig in :) it wasn't so fancy it was like sis mentioned and it was really really really tasty :)

SHukaran , Thank you :D shukariya :D JazakAllah khair

this was wonderful hehe :D now i gotto ask someone on how to make lasania hehe :D

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
For link n thx for the recipe's everyone :)

Mashallah brother..this is the first time I see a brother that has interest in cooking..Mashallah!! lol..well its my favorite desert too so for sure i know how to do it..hmm mine is called custurd trifle but its kinda differant than the one in the pic..mine is a bit neater..anyway here I found the recipe for the one you want

http://www.recipezaar.com/Basic-Trifle-Recipe-119065

Very easy to prepare..so good luck! oh make sure you post us your home made trifle inshallah

walasalm

Thanksss for the link sister :)
n thx for the recipe's everyone

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt reward you for this~Amin!

Take Care~!
~Wassalam :)

~Happy Weekend!!!