Custodian

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

Dear brothers and sisters, this question has really bothered me, because i keep arguing about it. if any could answer please do.

why do they say that the ruler of saudia is the custodian of the two mosques? meaning:1. Makka & 2. the prophet's mosque in medina?
am not understanding why they give him that title, as we know Abdul mutalib was a king in Makka when the king Abrar wanted to destroy the Kaaba and AbdulMutalib said he is not the custodian, only the custodian (Allah taala) would save it.
so why give him(king of saudia) that title?
:wasalam:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:wasalam:Sister,

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (Arabic: خادم الحرمين الشريفين), a historical term, was a pious title taken by some Caliphs and now by modern Saudi kings.

The first Saudi king to assume the title was Fahd bin Abdul Aziz in 1986. The current king, Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, has taken the same title after the death of King Fahd in 2005. King Fahd replaced the term "His Majesty" with "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques" because it was said that only God is All Majestic, therefore the term "His Majesty [The King]" was replaced with this term.

The word in Arabic is "khadim" which really means servant.

Abraha was told by AbdulMuttalib that the house (Kaabah) had a Lord to protect.

للبيت رب يحميه

I see how you are confused as custodian can also mean someone in charge, or caretaker. But was is really meant is servant.

warda A

Sister
servant

:wasalam:Sister,

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (Arabic: خادم الحرمين الشريفين), a historical term, was a pious title taken by some Caliphs and now by modern Saudi kings.

The first Saudi king to assume the title was Fahd bin Abdul Aziz in 1986. The current king, Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, has taken the same title after the death of King Fahd in 2005. King Fahd replaced the term "His Majesty" with "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques" because it was said that only God is All Majestic, therefore the term "His Majesty [The King]" was replaced with this term.

The word in Arabic is "khadim" which really means servant.

Abraha was told by AbdulMuttalib that the house (Kaabah) had a Lord to protect.

للبيت رب يحميه

I see how you are confused as custodian can also mean someone in charge, or caretaker. But was is really meant is servant.

jazaka aallhu kheiran.

then i think he should be called Servant of the Two Holy Mosques instead of custodian.
:wasalam:
:tti_sister: