Daily Hadith

amer_awan_1988

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No one who has an atom’s-weight of arrogance in his heart will enter Paradise.” A man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, what if a man likes his clothes and his shoes to look good?” He said, “Allaah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Arrogance means rejecting the truth and looking down on people.”

Narrated by Muslim, 91.

amer_awan_1988

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was narrated that `Umar ibn Al-Khattab said: the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“If the muezzin says ‘Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar’ and one of you says ‘Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar’; then he says ‘Ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allah’ and you say ‘Ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allah’; then he says, ‘Ashhadu anna Muhammadan Rasul Allah’ and you say, ‘Ashhadu anna Muhammadan Rasul Allah’; then he says, ‘Hayya `ala-s-salah’ and you say ‘Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billah’; then he says, ‘Hayya `ala-l-falah’ and you say ‘Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billah’; then he says, ‘Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar’ and you say, ‘Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar’; then he says ‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allah’ and you say, ‘Laa ilaaha ill-Allah’ from the heart, you will enter Paradise”

-- Muslim

amer_awan_1988

Note: Just because the forum is called "daily" hadiths, it does not mean you can only post one hadith per day..I encourage everybody to post..the more we post, the more we can all benefit inshAllah. There is never too much of the prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam's words for a day.

amer_awan_1988

Ahmad (26022), Abu Dawood (2336), al-Nasaa’i (2175) and Ibn Maajah (1648) narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “I never saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fast two consecutive months apart from the fact that he used to join Sha’baan and Ramadaan.”

According to a version narrated by Abu Dawood: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never used to fast any complete month in the year, apart from Sha’baan, which he used to join to Ramadaan.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2048.

amer_awan_1988

The Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “I and the one who sponsors an orphan will be like this in Paradise,” and he gestured with his forefinger and middle finger. Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6005) and Muslims (2983).

amer_awan_1988

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Any woman who marries without the permission of her walee, her marriage is invalid, her marriage is invalid, her marriage is invalid.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 1021 and others; it is a saheeh hadeeth)

amer_awan_1988

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Jibreel promised to come to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) but he was late and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) grew concerned. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out and saw him, and he told him of his concern and he said to him: “We [angels] do not enter a house in which there is an image or a dog.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5960).

amer_awan_1988

al-Nasaa’i (2639) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man said: O Messenger of Allaah, my father died and did not do Hajj; should I do Hajj on his behalf? He said: “Do you think that if your father owed a debt, wouldn't you pay it off?” He said: Yes. He said: “The debt of Allaah is more deserving (of being paid off).” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Judges are of three types, two of them will go to the Hellfire and one type will go to Paradise. The one who knows the truth and judges with it – he is in Paradise. One who knows the truth but doesn’t judge by it, will go to Hellfire. The one who doesn’t know the truth and judges between people with ignorance, will go to the Hellfire.” [Abu Daud, Tirmidhi]

What the truth is, is determined by Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). He has spelt it out for us in the Shariah, that is the Quran and Sunnah. If a person passes judgment according to his or her own standards of right and wrong, rather than what Allah has declared as right or wrong, then that judge is judging with ignorance.

Peace2u

amer_awan_1988

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“If the judge passes a judgement and makes ijtihaad and is right, he will have two rewards. If he passes a judgement and makes ijtihaad, and makes a mistake, he will have one reward.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1716)

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wasallam) said: “Do not attain learning in order to express pride before the ulema (scholars), nor by its help quarrel with foolish people, nor through it try to overwhelm meetings, but he who does so, his destination is fire.” [Ibn Majah]

The purpose of seeking knowledge of the Deen is to be in a better position to seek Allah's pleasure. All Muslims are required to obtain that knowledge by which they may enter Jannah and escape the Fire. Ignorance is not bliss, for we will be held accountable for that which we could have found out. If we acquire this knowledge to seek worldly gain then it will be rejected by Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). Knowledge that is gained so that we may show it off and appear knowledgeable is a source of destruction.

amer_awan_1988

Suhaib (ra) reported the Apostle (may peace be upon him) saying: When those deserving of Paradise would enter Paradise, the Blessed and the Exalted would ask: Do you wish Me to give you anything more? They would say: Hast Thou not brightened our faces? Hast Thou not made us enter Paradise and saved us from Fire? He (the narrator) said: He (God) would lift the veil, and of things given to them nothing would be dearer to them than the sight of their Lord, the Mighty and the Glorious.

- Muslim Book 001, Number 0347

amer_awan_1988

It is prescribed for everyone who hears the adhaan and call to prayer to repeat after the muezzin, and when he has finished repeating the entire adhaan, he should send prayers and blessings on the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then recite the words narrated in the saheeh hadeeth from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah, who reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever says when he hears the call to prayer, ‘Allaahummah Rabba haadhihi’l-da’wat il-taammah wa’l-salaat il-qaa’imah, aati Muhammadan al-waseelata wa’l-fadeelah, wab’athhu maqaaman mahmoodan alladhi wa’adtahu (O Allaah, Lord of this perfect Call and the Prayer to be offered, grant Muhammad the privilege and also the eminence, and resurrect him to the praised position that You have promised), will be granted my intercession on the Day of Resurrection.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 579).

amer_awan_1988

The Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa sallam said, "Allah says: `(The person observing Saum) has abstained from food and drink, and sexual pleasures for My sake; fasting is for Me, and I will bestow its reward. Every good deed has ten times its reward'.''
- Bukhari

The Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa sallam said, "The reward of every (good) deed of a person is multiplied from ten to seven hundred times. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala says: `The reward of observing Saum is different from the reward of other good deeds; Saum is for Me, and I Alone will give its reward. The person observing Saum abstains from food and drink only for My sake.' The fasting person has two joyous occasions, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time ofmeeting his Rubb. Surely, the breath of one observing Saum is better smelling to Allah than the fragrance of musk.''
- Muslim

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: When the last ten nights (of Ramadan) would begin, the Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa sallam would keep awake at night (for prayer and devotion), awaken his family and prepare himself to be more diligent in worship.
- Bukhari

`Aishah radiAllahu anha reported: The Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa sallam used to strive more in worship during Ramadan than he strove in any other time of the year; and he would devote himself more (in the worship of Allah) in the last ten nights of Ramadan than he strove in earlier part of the month.
- Muslim

Narrated by Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever observes fasts during the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven."
- Bukhari

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Narrated Abu Huraira:
A man came to the Prophet and said, "I am ruined!" The Prophet said, "Why?" He said, "I had sexual intercourse with my wife while fasting (in the month of Ramadan)." The Prophet said to him, "Manumit a slave (as expiation)." He replied, "I cannot afford that." The Prophet said, "Then fast for two successive months." He said, "I cannot." The Prophet said, "Then feed sixty poor persons." He said, "I have nothing to do that" ..

In the meantime a basket full of dates was brought to the Prophet . He said, "Where is the questioner." The man said, "I am here." The Prophet said (to him), "Give this (basket of dates) in charity (as expiation)." He said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall I give it to poorer people than us? By Him Who sent you with the Truth, there is no family between Medina's two mountains poorer than us." The Prophet smiled till his pre-molar teeth became visible. He then said, "Then take it."

Volume 7, Book 64, Number 281 Sahih Bukhari

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
It is reported that Usayd ibn Hudayr said that while he was reciting Surat al-Baqara in the night with his horse tethered beside him, the horse became agitated. When he was silent, the horse quieted. Then he recited and the horse became agitated again. He fell silent and the horse became quiet. Then he recited again and the horse became agitated, so he stopped. His son Yahya was close to the horse and he feared that the horse might step on him..

When he moved him from the place and looked towards the sky, he could not see it. In the morning, he told the Prophet, peace be upon him, who said, "Recite, Ibn Hudayr! Recite, Ibn Hudayr!" He said, "Messenger of Allah, I was afraid that it would tread on Yahya since he was close to it. I lifted my head and went to him. Then I looked up to the sky and there was something like a cloud containing lamps. I went out so that I would not see it." He asked, "Do you know what that was?" "No," he answered. He said, "Those were the angels who had come near to your voice. If you have continued reciting, the people would have seen it in the morning as it would not have been concealed from them."

Abdullah ibn Khabbab also has this hadith from Abu Sa'id al-Khudri from Usayd ibn Hudayr.

-Sahih Bukhari, Chapter 69, Book of the Virtues of the Quran, Hadith No. 4730

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2:
SubhanAllah great hadiths, JazzakumAllah khair. :ma:

:bismillah:
Reported by Qabeessah, “I was present with the Prophet (Peace be upon him) when I heard him saying:

“The people of goodness in this life are the people of goodness in the hereafter, and the people of evil in this life are the people of evil in the hereafter.”

(Related by Al Bukhari in Al Mufrad).

:wasalam: