Days Are But Hours, & Hours Are But Breaths

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Days Are But Hours, & Hours Are But Breaths
:salam2:

I thought share this saying with you all by Imam ibn al Jawzi mentioned in his book: Laftat al-Kabid fee Naseehat al-Walad...

Imam Ibn al-Jawzi said:
Know, dear son, that days are but hours, and hours are but breaths,
and every soul is a container, hence let not any breath pass without any benefit,
such as on the Day of Judgement you find an empty container and feel regret!

Prepare For a Day Like This.

On the authority of al-Baraa ibn 'Aazib (radhiyallaahu 'anhu) who said:

While we were with the Messenger of Allaah:saw: , he suddenly looked towards a group of people and said:

For what reason have they gathered here?
It was said: In order to dig a grave. So the Messenger of Allaah :saw: became alarmed and startled and he quickly went ahead of his Companions until he reached the grave, then he knelt upon it, and I turned my face towards him :saw: , in order to see what he was doing.
He :saw: cried until the earth became wet with his tears, then he turned to us and said:

O My brothers! Prepare for a day like this.

{ al-Bukhaaree in at-Taareekh, Ibn Maajah, Ahmad and others. It is a hasan hadeeth as indicated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Silsilah al-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah }

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:girl3::girl3:Subhanallah!! very beneficial and an eye opener!! Death is just a breath away!! Jazakallahu Khairan!!:tti_sister::tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

A post like this is simple and direct. It is the truth. May Allah bless us with good deeds.

muslima2010

Thank you and may allah bless you for sharing this important and beneficial reminder.. It makes me sad when i read that the prophet (saw) cried.. but it also lets me know that he wouldn't cry except that it was very important and that it is something that upsets him.. Inshallah let us all benefit from this and follow the guide of our beloved prophet.