Debate Forum

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

I would like to request something from the website. A forum just for debating between members about anything(It does not have to be about Islam). Why? I love debating:p

Anyone else wants this?

meer suhail

ILM seeker
w salam wr wb
hmmmm
as for me not really interested ,coz i think that might at times lead to ill feelings towards other brother and sisters
i have seen that happening here at times
and things go out of hand
yeah ofcourse there is good side of it as well ,,,,
but thats only my concern things do get ugly at times

Al Qassimi

I was a little bit concerned about that too, I'll leave the choice to the owners of the website to decide.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
yup ,,we can just give ideas ,,,,
Jazka Allah
acutally i would love to have that here
but after seeing what happens ,u know some times ppl go to personal
so better not to have it here

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
ahki some ppl... even n my short time here can get VERY upset, or should i say involved n a discussion and can't take the remarks of others as just ideas or questions

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
As Salam Alaykum Akhi,

People get personal and pre-judge others even though they don't know anything about them (because we are on internet).
Not realising that the brother or sister must have posted a book which has clear proofs from Quran and Sunnah.
Sometimes people don't even bother to read the actual book posted and start calling him/her a liar or "what are yo doing for Islam?"
This has been my pesonal experience with forums on internet. So IMHO we should keep this site to be
information on Islam site and lets leave debating to the Scholars because all of us donot have the adab and the knowledge to debate (on Islamic or non-Islamic topics)

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
w salam wr wb
hmmmm
as for me not really interested ,coz i think that might at times lead to ill feelings towards other brother and sisters
i have seen that happening here at times
and things go out of hand
yeah ofcourse there is good side of it as well ,,,,
but thats only my concern things do get ugly at times

As Salamu Alekum

I second you in this bro
I believe it's very important to keep the warm and brotherly atmosphere here, it's better for everybody..

Besides, there's that Hadith of the prophet Muhammad :saw:
“I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a house in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even when joking / for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.” [Sunan Abu Dawood; Vol. 3, #4782]

Of course it's sometimes important just to make things clear, or to clarify any misunderstandings or misconceptions, but it should be limited to such cases and in good adaab (manners) {And argue not with the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), unless it be in (a way) that is better (with good words and in good manner) ...} (29:46) {Invite (mankind, O Muhammad (peace be upon him)) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islâm) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur'ân) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.} (16:125). So, I just don't think brother it's a good idea :SMILY286:, sorry.

Wassalam Alekum Warhmato Allah

Muhammad