Did evolution really happened?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I never believed we transformed from monkeys to people.We still have monkeys,but why they don't start talking,why don't they change.
Its been proven that evolution is a big lie,and Darvin himself ,I think ,said it before his death.He was fabricating the sculls and bones and all that...
Even logically if u think about it,it doesn't make sence at all.
salam

mnemonicus

I don't see why people insist that evolution and the fact that Allah (swt) created this amazing world are mutually exclusive things... Both are true, though all things come from Allah, and all things submit to Him!

Perhaps Allah planned for living things to have an adaptive mechanism built into them, so they can survive in a changing world. I believe evolution really happens - because God wills it to be so... It is part of creation! If you ask me, it's a sign of Allah's power and greatness, that he would include such a process in life itself, built into our genetic material! It is an example of how Allah cherishes creation.

Am I wrong to think this? It is my intuition and my heart saying this.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Scientifically, it is a theory. End of subject.

We are the Creatures of Allah who took on the responsibility that all other creatures were too fearful to take on. We promised Allah we would at all time be grateful to Him, unitl it is time to return back to Him.

The chicken came before the egg.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

Falseness of the theory of evolution​

Question:
There are people who say that long ago man was a monkey and he evolved. Is this true? Is there any evidence?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

This view is not correct, and the evidence for that is that Allaah has described in the Qur’aan the stages of the creation of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the likeness of ‘Eesa (Jesus) before Allaah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ — and he was”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:59]

This dust was moistened until it became sticky mud or clay that stuck to the hands. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:12]

“Verily, We created them of a sticky clay”

[al-Saaffaat 37:12]

Then it became dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed, We created man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud”
[al-Hijr 15:26]

Then when it dried it became sounding clay like the clay of pottery. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery”

[al-Rahmaan 55:14]

Then Allaah moulded it into the form that He wanted and breathed into him (his) soul created by Him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Truly, I am going to create man from clay’.

So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him”

[Saad 38:71-72]

These are the stages through which the creation of Adam passed according to the Qur’aan. As for the stages of creation which the progeny of Adam pass through, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]

With regard to the wife of Adam – Hawwa’ (Eve) – Allaah tells us that He created her from him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women”

[al-Nisa’ 4:1]

From Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/31.

mnemonicus

Be reminded, that I am not saying men come from monkeys or that Allah did not create us like the Qur'an says... I hope that was clear. If not, I'm making it extra clear incase anyone tries to scold me.

mnemonicus

Just because something is a theory doesn't make it suspect; the heliocentric theory is just a theory... gravity is just a theory... But these are true, are they not?

Nevertheless, the above post argues against a very particular theory. A theory which is loaded with enlightenment thought and athiesm. The idea that creatures adapt to their environments over time does not go as far as Darwin... it has been observed. Darwin wanted to explain nature outside of religion - and that was his downfall. But are we certain that the idea of adaptation over time is against Islam?

I believe that Allah created life. But I beleive that life can adapt to its environment and that Allah made it to be so. There is nothing in the Qur'an saying otherwise.

Of course, man is special, and he is a spiritual being of a very sophisticated type, and he is clearly not born from lesser primates.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Be reminded, that I am not saying men come from monkeys or that Allah did not create us like the Qur'an says... I hope that was clear. If not, I'm making it extra clear incase anyone tries to scold me.

lol... this made me smile. :) Bad boy how could you put your opinion! lol... i couldn't help it.

Just because something is a theory doesn't make it suspect; the heliocentric theory is just a theory... gravity is just a theory... But these are true, are they not?

but in can be proven can't it? this is a real question. Just like that apple on the head, you can prove gravity, work with it, experiment with it, so it plays as almost a Physical factor, unlike evolution.

The idea that creatures adapt to their environments over time does not go as far as Darwin... it has been observed. But are we certain that the idea of adaptation over time is against Islam?

The bit that is observed is fine I think. Here I mean like if you take an animal and put it in a controlled environment, then monitor it's behaivor etc. many times it changes and adapts due to the situations they are in.

But the idea of evolution of Humans from something else is concocted. What is stated in the Quran is what is true, He made Adam just as he was. BUT does anyone realize that how Adam alayhis salam was made, is NOT how we are today?

Of course, man is special, and he is a spiritual being of a very sophisticated type, and he is clearly not born from lesser primates.

Sheesh, not monkeys! Anthropoids which broke into other weirdo branches and Prosimians and Hominids and Hominoids... joy. :angryblue:

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

If my readings are correct..and we leap into quantum physics. all Newtonian theroies are suspect. And I think there are questions about the exactness of the theory of gravity.
I have just dabbled in this area. I believe Poppler and his elk are discussing the philosophy behind theories. ( My husband graduated from Virginia Tech. with an advanced degree in the philospophy of science and techonology...I read a couple of his text books.)
In short, there are questions being raised in the academica.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Salaam,

If my readings are correct..and we leap into quantum physics. all Newtonian theroies are suspect. And I think there are questions about the exactness of the theory of gravity.
I have just dabbled in this area. I believe Poppler and his elk are discussing the philosophy behind theories. ( My husband graduated from Virginia Tech. with an advanced degree in the philospophy of science and techonology...I read a couple of his text books.)
In short, there are questions being raised in the academica.

wa alaykum salam

as long as i don't go flying into the air all of a sudden, it's cool insha'Allah ;)

not really gonna affect me too much either way as i see it.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, all I know at this time in my life is that I believe. I am in total agreement with you..
I believe that the day will come when all will be revealed in totality. In the meanwhile I will enjoy the treasures Allah has given me.

malam

Recentlyl, I ran into a discussion with a Hindu friend of mine, who is a strong supporter of evolution theory, and recently he is bending towards athiesm...

We had many arguments, oral as well as written, and at one point, I was begining to believe in some ideas which the evolutionists bringforward, and this prompted me to do a rigorous research on the subject.
While this did not affect my Belief in God, I was begining to think of possibilities to fit the evolution theory in the Quran-ic context, just like some christians have done with biblical interpretations...However, AlhamduLillah Allah guided me to the truth, and I was convinced at the end that evolution is a hoax, promoted by a group of selfish biologists, and that it is impossible to have species evolve out of Natural selection, random processes, and survival...

The conclusion that I reached was There is a Creator, who has designed every single aspect of the universe, and since the Holy quran is the true word of God, Man never evolved from apes.

Before this discussion and research, I believed and often accepted that all other species may have evolved, according to what the evolutionists say, but Humans were sent down by God in the form of Hazrat Adam (AS).
proof of this: (1) animals were present before Hazrat Adam (AS). (2) Hazrat Adam (AS) is explicitly mentioned as being made out of clay by God.

But after all the debates and research, I totally refute the evolution theory, Except for minor evolutionary changes, that occur within a certain species.

some of you may think that I just went to some religious websites which refute evolition with unsupported and unscientific arguments. But the way how I did my research was:
1) i searched for websites from respected authors, who have devoted themselves to the scienticif field, but who simply refute evolution. to these scientists, rather than chance, there has always been an envolvement of a supreme Intelligence in the creation of the universe and living beings.
2) next, whenevr i found some new claim on their websites, I immediately googled it for Evolutionists' websites to look for their rebuttals or explainations. Often times I found them baseless, and lame explainations for their Ides. some examples are metamorphoses, and Mosaic creatures.

InshAllah i will try to share some links with you that enlightened me. but i encourage all serious questioners to try to follow this approach.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Evolution

The theory is based on the mechanism of "natrual selection" and more recently "mutations", but has collapsed flat. Please take out some time to watch following presentations and videos. A must watch and read.

http://harunyahya.com/presentation/dont_be_duped/INDEX.htm (Presentation)

http://www.harunyahya.com/presentation/disaster_darwinism/index.html (Presentation)

http://www.harunyahya.com/presentation/living_fossils/index.html (Presentation)

http://www.hyahya.org/c_refutation_darwinism.php (Books)

http://www.hyahya.org/dna01.php (A must read book)

http://www.hyahya.org/m_video_detail.php?api_id=4093 (Video)

Raihan

With regard to the wife of Adam – Hawwa’ (Eve) – Allaah tells us that He created her from him, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women”

[al-Nisa’ 4:1]

Please do not put Adam and Eve in the bracket to make it like Bible. Quran has not mentioned it specifically. As such, unlike Bible, men and women are given equal status/honor in the Quran. So, it can obviously be seen the difference between Quran and Bible.

mohsofi_abdullah

Yes, there are avolutions...
The plants evolved
The living beings evolved and are still evolving...
How?
Ok, here is a fact...
Adam(pbuh) was one, and he doesn't look like everybody... Just one Adam (pbuh)...
But, we now, have hundreds of races, and they all don't look alike... i mean by the race and all...
That's evolution...
We have really short people in Indonesia, but tall tall people in some other areas of the world...
Then we have the blacks, while some of the blacks are fair too...
The white people... there are some who are yellow and pale too...
:)

saif

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam,

I don't know, why it is so difficult for us muslims to understand, that evolution theory, or at least big part of it, is not against quranic teachings. When we think of Allah being creator of everything, we usually imagine everything being created by His word "kun" (meaning "be" ) within no time. Let us think over it again, is it what Quran teaches us? I am afraid not. Quran teaches us, that Allah created this universe in 6 days. And we know from Quran, that a day for Allah can mean thousands of years for us. Now I ask my brothers and sisters, couldn't He create the universe in, say 1 days, or just like we imagine it within no time? Of course He could because we know He has power over everything. What we need to understand is, that He chooses to create things in a process, which unfolds His power even more intensively on us. We shouldn't forget, that time is also His creature. In other words, He chooses to create things in a time-taking process, so that we feel His exalted power. This happens with everything around us, from the blossom of a flower to the birth of a child.

The message we should get from Quran is, that everything, which we see around us was not always there in the present form. It has taken a process of creation, that the things are there, as they are now.

Recently, a brother posted a lecture of Dr. Israr Ahmed on "two forms of knowledge". In this lecture he accepts, that the animal being of man could have been created in a long evolutionary process, till it reached its animal perfection. It then got the status of human being, after "ruh of Allah" was inspired in it. I think, this is one possible explaination. In the question answer session following that lecture, he was asked, if he accepted Darwin's theory of evolution, on which he said, he did not accept all postulates of his theory and that the transformation of one specie to another (like transformation of monkeys into human beings ) would take another "kun" from Allah (that means, it can happen only with the specific permission of Allah). I am personally not very satisfied by this answer, because I believe, Allah can say just one such comprehensive "kun", which would include everything from beginning to end, if you know, what I mean :)

This post would not be complete without commenting on the work of Harun Yahya on Darwin's theory of evolution. As far as I can see, most of his criticism is on materialism and social darwinism, to which I fully agree with him. I do agree, that material is not eternal but it has a beginning. I also fully agree, that the direct application of evolution theory ( like natural selection of the strongest ) on culture and politics is a human catastrophe. But let us be honest, that Darwin has nothing to do with this misuse of his theory. Harun Yahya does not address the real core of the evolution theory, which, as discussed above is not fully against Quran but most part of it can be acceptable to us, if it is scientifically proved. I am not going into the discussion, how much is scientifically proved and how much is still to be proved. I am just pointing out, that if it get proved, it will be not against quranic teachings.

In the end I would like to point out, that even the history of prophethood has gone through an evolution of its own. It all began from one-rule-shariah, "don't go near this tree" and ended up in the most comprehensive and final deen. An important question to ask is, couldn't all islamic teachings be given to Adam? The answer is, no, because human being had still to go through a cultural evolution. Just recall how primitive human being was in the beginning, that he had to learn from a crow, how to burry his brother, he murdered himself.

I hope, this mail will clarify things and not increase your confusion.

Your brother in Islam,

Saif

sunshine

Building Bridges
Did evolution really happened?

Answer: NO!

Scientists know about it very well that there are many contradictions. But they gladly admit it because they are not ready to accept that there is "Allah"!

Globalpeace

Banned
Evolution vs Darwinism

Asslamo Allaikum,

Yes I accept that evolution is a theory BUT evolution does occur and it goes on everyday of our lives on macro (species viz-a-viz eco system) and micro (molecular level) levels.

Darwinian concept of evolution is what most Muslim Scholars and modern science (with the advanced knowledge of genetics) disagree with.

Transformation of species WITHOUT the express consent, will and permission of Allah (SWT) also CANNOT happen and there is no "conclusive" scientic evidence of transformation of species either.

Transformation of species by express consent, will and permission of Allah (SWT) is proven in the Qur'aan when Allah (SWT) turned disobedient humans into Monkeys!

Darwin proposed his theory when Newtonian Physics held the minds of the people and the genetics was almost non-existent.

Quantum Physics breaks the realtionship between "Cause" and "Effect" however most people today (including educated Muslims) continue to think in a Newtonian manner; where the world is very mechanised and can be exaplined away.

All are requested to correct me if I am wrong.

P.S: I think this thread refers to biological evolution but Social & technological evolution also occurs & I am sure that none of you will disagree with it. It wasn't long ago that people lived in a tribal society without the Internet. :)