Did evolution really happened?

abdellah007

salam

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]

that s all i can say, is there any doubt anymore?

Globalpeace

Banned
Cancer?

Asslamo Allaikum,

Can you please tell me what cancer is and how it works?

“And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allaah, the Best of creators”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:12-14]

that s all i can say, is there any doubt anymore?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

There is social evoultion/economic evoultion. It is Isalm. It is the perfection of man's existence here.
You are correct, we do limit our thinking in Newtonian words/world. We are trapped by the misconceptions of observations. Many people forget that we live in a world that is limited to obseravtion. Most of our sciences are purely observation. Most physicis/mathematics is based on assumptions of observations and at best are approximates of a theory.
This is one side of life. What occurs is we limit life by the field around us. We label and we objectify ( hope that is a word). We call this reality. It is concrete and very easy to justify.
There is more to reality. I don't have to see it, hold it , to believe. All the knowledge in the world will not give me faith. Faith will give me a deeper understanding of knowldege and apply knowldege. Faith gives me reason; and I am not limited to the world of observation.

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Salaam,

If my readings are correct..and we leap into quantum physics. all Newtonian theroies are suspect. And I think there are questions about the exactness of the theory of gravity.
I have just dabbled in this area. I believe Poppler and his elk are discussing the philosophy behind theories. ( My husband graduated from Virginia Tech. with an advanced degree in the philospophy of science and techonology...I read a couple of his text books.)
In short, there are questions being raised in the academica.

That must be one mighty smart cervida :SMILY335:

Globalpeace

Banned
Qadr of Allah (SWT)

Asslamo Allaikum,

Shaykh Abdul-Qadir Jeelani (RA) has written in Al-Wasaya:

"There are NO FREE AGENTS in the world. Nothing can benefit you and nothing can harm you without the EXPRESS will, consent and permission of Allah (SWT)"

Anyone with knowledge of Chemistry/Physics can clearly understand what the Shaykh has said; and it is extremely profound!

Disclaimer:Imaam adh-dhahabee concludes Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilanis' (RA) biography with the following

"In Summary, Shaykh Abdul Qadir is of great standing. He has some statements and claims that are objectionable and disapproved of and with Allah is his appointment. Some of these (statements) are falsely attributed to him" [Siyar al-Alaam an-Nubalaa' 20/451]

ezireg

SALAAM,Well i believe in evolution if by evolution one means spicies evolve or adapt,but if you mean that you measn that one spicies turn into a diferent one i have to disagree,after all you dont really believe adam (as) was a monkey?

Globalpeace

Banned
Belief??? in Evolution!

Asslamo Allaikum,

1) I believe that Allah (SWT) created ADAM (AS) as a Man.
2) I understand that many bacterial infections EVOLVE to develop immunity against antibiotics with the knowledge, consent, permission and will of Allah (SWT)
3) I unerstand that cells in my immune system constantly EVOLVE and develop with the knowledge, consent, permission and will of Allah (SWT)
4) I don’t believe that species can EVOLVE and TRANSFORM into another species i.e. I think that the concept of Darwinism is FALSE.
5) As an addendum to point (1 & 4) I don’t believe that man came from Monkeys or what-ever

Can someone please reply from the Qur’aan/Sunnah and correct my understanding; but before doing that please pay particular attention to my usage of the words "Believe" & "understanding" as I don't believe that this is a matter of belief!

Jazakullah Khairun

Globalpeace

Banned
Apple on the Head!

W-Salam,

Apple never landed on Newton's head; the whole story is a Myth! :)

I know I was just as dissappointed; when I found out!

:salam2:

lol... this made me smile. :) Bad boy how could you put your opinion! lol... i couldn't help it.

but in can be proven can't it? this is a real question. Just like that apple on the head, you can prove gravity, work with it, experiment with it, so it plays as almost a Physical factor, unlike evolution.

The bit that is observed is fine I think. Here I mean like if you take an animal and put it in a controlled environment, then monitor it's behaivor etc. many times it changes and adapts due to the situations they are in.

But the idea of evolution of Humans from something else is concocted. What is stated in the Quran is what is true, He made Adam just as he was. BUT does anyone realize that how Adam alayhis salam was made, is NOT how we are today?

Sheesh, not monkeys! Anthropoids which broke into other weirdo branches and Prosimians and Hominids and Hominoids... joy. :angryblue:

wasalam

visionusman

being content
Assalamualaikum all. There is is no doubt that evolution occured and neither is there any doubt that all living creatures still have the ability to evolve and many do. To argue against the obvoius would be ridiculous. It is not a theory but an established scientific fact. I do not wish to go in to the details here, but believe me we wouldn't understand any of the biological sciences with out evolution.

However we did not evlove from monkeys or aps. That part is a totally flawed hypothesis. For one the genticists studying the human genome have now discovered that we i.e. all humans have descended from 7 mothers only. That means that all humans can be traced back to 7 mothers. That totally refutes the idea that we could possibly have descended from apes. As it couldn't have been just 7 apes that laid down the entire human race. That is mathematically not possible.

samiha

---------
Staff member
W-Salam,

Apple never landed on Newton's head; the whole story is a Myth! :)

I know I was just as dissappointed; when I found out!

Assalamu alaykum.

Yea, well a basketball's fell on mine. That's enough to prove to me that something's bringing all those bad shots back to earth. Unfortunatly I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

:wasalam:

malam

Please do not put Adam and Eve in the bracket to make it like Bible. Quran has not mentioned it specifically. As such, unlike Bible, men and women are given equal status/honor in the Quran. So, it can obviously be seen the difference between Quran and Bible.

just a note:
the bracketed names in the various translations of the Holy quran do not make it like the bible..they are used just to clarify in case there are any confusions.
besides the 2 persons mentioned here are no other than Hazrad adam and Huwa (AS)
No other person's wife is made out from him.

malam

Yes, there are avolutions...
The plants evolved
The living beings evolved and are still evolving...
How?
Ok, here is a fact...
Adam(pbuh) was one, and he doesn't look like everybody... Just one Adam (pbuh)...
But, we now, have hundreds of races, and they all don't look alike... i mean by the race and all...
That's evolution...
We have really short people in Indonesia, but tall tall people in some other areas of the world...
Then we have the blacks, while some of the blacks are fair too...
The white people... there are some who are yellow and pale too...
:)

this is exactly what i said...Notice the difference here: no species is transforming into another distinct species!
this is what is called micro evolution, whith which from an islamic perespective, we have no problems.

but the other evolotion, is just an insane concept!

mnemonicus

I am not denigrating anyone's post... But allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment. I wonder what the Qur'an says about the following things.

What do you think about vestigial organs and body parts, which are found in many creatures, even humans? We have the remnants of a tail, it would seem, as evidenced by our tailbone. What about sea mamals with vestigial bones, which are the remanants of feet? What about certain fish that have tissue clumps that some scientists believe are the remnants of lungs?

And what about the idea of invasive species? An invasive species historically comes to a certain ecosystem (e.g., zebra mussels in the American Great Lakes), and lo and behold, certain species learn to take a liking to them as food when they did not before, bringing balance back to the ecosystem. A similar situation was observed on Galapagos when a species of starling that aboded on the Beagle made a new home on Galapagos. Then decades later, these starlings developed scissor bills, which allowed them to break open the husk of certain nuts, which they fed on,

It seems that we could plausibly find evidence for certain types of evolution both in the bodies of species, as well as in their behavior.

Since it is a given that I believe in the Qur'an and believe that God created all things, I wonder why Allah put vestigial organs in creatures (when it appears that they are remnants from another type of creature), or allow them to change their nature to adapt to an environment by finding new food to eat, and changing their shape a bit to access food in a new environment, essentially becoming a slightly different creature. I wonder why Allah would allow these things, when these are used by many as evidence of Darwinian evolution, and a seemingly anti-Qur'anic view of nature. I find it all very mysterious.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
salaam alaykum

I am not denigrating anyone's post... But allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment.
You are, your own brother.
And don't play the "devils advocate" for that is not a good word to utter even as a metaphorical phrase, as a muslim, dear brother. Or are you having doubts?!
What answer do they have for all the fossils that have been found until now?! - every single one of them has the same exact form as the living species today; and they all appear suddenly?! None!

How long are they going to drag before they finally admit that they're finding no ground for their theorie to hold on to?! maybe never! The shaytaan has always alies.

wasalaam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Man some people can talk wierd and Scientifick! I mean, using words that no one understands! :SMILY149:

That's waht happens when you become a computer freak or engineer! :D

mnemonicus

As-salamu 'alaykum, Ibn Azem. You are right about my using the phrase "devil's advocate." I won't use it, and it should not be used.

Nevertheless, my trust in Allah and my certainty of the perfection and sacredness of his word - al-Qur'an - is in no way in question. However, I only believe that we must not ignore some things that we have observed in nature - namely, that which I mentioned just now - vestigial organs and invasive species.

Nevertheless, Allah (swt) has his reasons for making the world as it is. I do not pretend to know those reasons. I, honestly, am amazed by all of it for all its complexity and mystery. That's all. I'm just thinking out loud, for the most part, in this thread. I did not mean to offend anyone is any way, even in the least bit.

I just ask that my sincerity and my Muslim-ness would not become suspect because of what I've written.

wasalaam.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:

If any scientist can prove that animals' cells and DNA have on their own mental and conscious and preceptive capabilities that qualify them to decide to evolove, I will accept evolution right away.

I found that this was always lacking in the theory of evolution and enough to disprove it.

Wassalam