Did evolution really happened?

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
beautifully analysed by sisters and brothers, but i would like to quote a few lines from a book by Harun Yahya, called The Evolution Deceit:

"A famous British paleontologist, Derek V. Ager, admits this fact even though he is an evolutionist:

The point emerges that if we examine the fossil record in detail, whether at the level of orders or of species, we find-over and over again-not gradual evolution, but the sudden explosion of one group at the expense of another."

"When terrestrial strata and the fossil record are examined, it is to be seen that all living organisms appeared simultaneously. The oldest stratum of the earth in which fossils of living creatures have been found is that of the Cambrian, which has an estimated age of 500-550 million years."

"The living creatures found in the strata belonging to the Cambrian period emerged all of a sudden in the fossil record-there are no pre-existing ancestors. The fossils found in Cambrian rocks belonged to snails, trilobites, sponges, earthworms, jellyfish, sea hedgehogs, and other complex invertebrates. This wide mosaic of living organisms made up of such a great number of complex creatures emerged so suddenly that this miraculous event is referred to as the "Cambrian Explosion" in geological literature."

"How the earth came to overflow with such a great number of animal species all of a sudden, and how these distinct types of species with no common ancestors could have emerged, is a question that remains unanswered by evolutionists. The Oxford University zoologist Richard Dawkins, one of the foremost advocates of evolutionist thought in the world, comments on this reality that undermines the very foundation of all the arguments he has been defending:
For example the Cambrian strata of rocks... are the oldest ones in which we find most of the major invertebrate groups. And we find many of them already in an advanced state of evolution, the very first time they appear. It is as though they were just planted there, without any evolutionary history."

"Darwin himself recognised the possibility of this when he wrote: "If numerous species, belonging to the same genera or families, have really started into life all at once, the fact would be fatal to the theory of descent with slow modification through natural selection."

"The Cambrian Period is nothing more or less than Darwin's "fatal stroke". This is why the Swedish evolutionist paleoanthropologist Stefan Bengtson, who confesses the lack of transitional links while describing the Cambrian Age, makes the following comment: "Baffling (and embarrasing) to Darwin, this event still dazzles us".

At last, according to this book, no fossils of transitional forms have ever been found on the seabed. It should be noted that there is no hope of finding it neither because over 90% of the fossils have already been unearthed.

wassalam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
sorry for double reply. I saw brother mnemonicus's post regarding "vestigial organs".
dear brother, non of the body parts are vestigial, only that we do not know their functions in the body doesn't make them vestigial. there was a time when the function of appendix was not know and it was classed as vestigial organ, but now its functions is known. it is a lymph nod and is part of the defence system of the body.

i hope it puts some light on the overall issue
wassalam

ps. i don't think anyone doubts your muslimness, you are our brother

malam

I am not denigrating anyone's post... But allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment. I wonder what the Qur'an says about the following things.

What do you think about vestigial organs and body parts, which are found in many creatures, even humans? We have the remnants of a tail, it would seem, as evidenced by our tailbone. What about sea mamals with vestigial bones, which are the remanants of feet? What about certain fish that have tissue clumps that some scientists believe are the remnants of lungs?

And what about the idea of invasive species? An invasive species historically comes to a certain ecosystem (e.g., zebra mussels in the American Great Lakes), and lo and behold, certain species learn to take a liking to them as food when they did not before, bringing balance back to the ecosystem. A similar situation was observed on Galapagos when a species of starling that aboded on the Beagle made a new home on Galapagos. Then decades later, these starlings developed scissor bills, which allowed them to break open the husk of certain nuts, which they fed on,

It seems that we could plausibly find evidence for certain types of evolution both in the bodies of species, as well as in their behavior.

Since it is a given that I believe in the Qur'an and believe that God created all things, I wonder why Allah put vestigial organs in creatures (when it appears that they are remnants from another type of creature), or allow them to change their nature to adapt to an environment by finding new food to eat, and changing their shape a bit to access food in a new environment, essentially becoming a slightly different creature. I wonder why Allah would allow these things, when these are used by many as evidence of Darwinian evolution, and a seemingly anti-Qur'anic view of nature. I find it all very mysterious.

The vestigial organs also have uses, some of which have been discovered, and some would be discovered in the future. For example, human appendix was once considered a useless remnant from our evolutionary past. The appendix seems to play a role in antibody production and protects part of the intestine from infections and tumor growths.

I fond a very interesting website that raises some very thoughtful questions. Once again, if you find anythinginteresting, contemplate on it, and then look for counterarguments by the evolutionists.

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/PartI.html
keep reading, and clicking next fro each page. its very interesting, and very thoughtful!

Once again, evolutionists often use the term "fossil evidance". But the fossils are not an evidance for evolution! The evolutionists only infer from them and try to fit them into their theories.

The other examples which you had given, Mutations are never constructive.
and the minor changes in the species, such as narrowing of the beak and all, count in Micro evolution. Micro Evolution is acceptable in Islamic terms.

If you want to look for references in the Holy Quran, then you shuld visit Harunyahya.com, or read the Holy qur'an itself. Itis beyound doubt that Macro Evolution has no place in the Qur'an.

malam

This is a ver ineresting article. It comes from the website:
http://www.forbiddenarcheology.com/

The article talks about some fossils from long before the established era of Homo sapiens, which are even classified with names, that belong to species, who looked exactly like modern Humans, in evolutionary terms. The evolutionists have apparantly no explainations for that...
The article can be accessed from:
http://images.indymedia.org/imc/new...e_hidden_history_of_the_human_race__1998_.pdf

the reason why i am posting from Non-religious websites is that the evolutionists often readily criticize the sources and do not take any of the religious arguments seriously.

however, an interesting video of sh Yusuf Estes also talks about this topic:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=feqCI3-4MP0

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:salam2:

If we are done with of clients and puppets in Palestine, Somalia, and Iraq, the situation of the Umma will become better.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah

No problem akhi, I just gave an advice as a brother(I know the kuffaar have their influence on us as well either directly or indirectly, when living amongst them), because we know that sometimes we say things we don't necessarily mean.
As-salamu 'alaykum, Ibn Azem. You are right about my using the phrase "devil's advocate." I won't use it, and it should not be used.

I just ask that my sincerity and my Muslim-ness would not become suspect because of what I've written.

wasalaam.
NO brother, not at all.

We must try to get as much information in order not to fall for the unrealistic and groundless theories that we(unfortunately even myself) learn in school and elsewhere.

But if we read about the miracles in the Qur'an and the Ahadeeth, and apart from them books that testify those miracles in them through scientificaly established facts, which leave no doubt, then we are more immune against them and many other false ideologies that circulate around us as well insha Allaah.

P.s.:>>>If my brothers and sisters here would allow me to remind them (including myself), to spread the salaam when we address ourselves, as we know that sometimes we might forget, it has many thawaab.<<<

wasalaam.

Some Ayates from the Quran

:salam2:

Many scientists become "Theist" i.e. they don't believe that the world was the result of a chance. But they don't believe in any religion.
As you were talking about bones : for example archaeologists thought that "Neanderthal" man was an ancestor of "Homo-Sapiens-sapiens". But, they found just one site with one grave, i think near Palestian. And for the anecdot, inside it they found just some few parts from his skeleton upon it a Rose, and they said probably his populaton was so romantic to put a Rose inside grave :)
The other bones wich they thought they belong to "Neanderthal" are, in fact, just for Man like us, so someone who was classed as "Neanderthal" doesn't exist.
However, how can they explain a sequence from their theory with some few bones of what they found ?
About "Australopithecus" and others like "Africanus-aferenis" or "Hominine" etc. and all that stuff, there is no doubt that there are a lot of speculations, based on some of what they found, to make relation between Man and monkies. Yet, the life upon the world is so complicated.
And Allah knows best,

Here is some Ayates about the creation of man :

Explanation of Surat A'raf (The Elevated Places) N°7 Ayates n° 11-12/54-57/172-173[explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

(11. And surely, We created you and then gave you shape; then We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam,'' and they prostrated, except Iblis (Shaytan), he refused to be of those who prostrated.)
Allah informs the Children of Adam about the honor of their father and the enmity of Shaytan, who still has envy for them and for their father Adam. So they should beware of him and not follow in his footsteps. Allah said,
(And surely, We created you and then gave you shape; then We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam,'' and they prostrated,) This is like His saying,
(And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him the soul (which I created for him), then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him.'') ﴿15:28-29﴾. After Allah created Adam with His Hands from dried clay of altered mud and made him in the shape of a human being, He blew life into him and ordered the angels to prostrate before him, honoring Allah's glory and magnificence. The angels all heard, obeyed and prostrated, but Iblis did not prostrate. We explained this subject in the beginning of Surat Al-Baqarah. Therefore, the Ayah (7:11) refers to Adam, although Allah used the plural in this case, because Adam is the father of all mankind.
(And indeed We created man out of an extract of clay (water and earth.))﴿23:12﴾ For this merely means that Adam was created from clay. His children were created from Nutfah (mixed male and female sexual discharge). This last Ayah is thus talking about the origin of mankind, not that they were all created from clay, and Allah knows best.
(12. (Allah) said: "What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you'' Iblis said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.'') Allah said,
(What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate) ﴿7: 12﴾ meaning, what stopped and hindered you from prostrating after I ordered you to do so, according to Ibn Jarir. This meaning is sound, and Allah knows best. Iblis, may Allah curse him, said,
(I am better than him (Adam)), and this excuse is worse than the crime itself! Shaytan said that he did not obey Allah because he who is better cannot prostrate to he who is less. Shaytan, may Allah curse him, meant that he is better than Adam, "So how can You order me to prostrate before him'' Shaytan said that he is better than Adam because he was created from fire while, "You created him from clay, and fire is better.'' The cursed one looked at the origin of creation not at the honor bestowed, that is, Allah creating Adam with His Hand and blowing life into him. Shaytan made a false comparison when confronted by Allah's command,
("Then you fall down prostrate to him'')﴿38:72﴾. Therefore, Shaytan alone contradicted the angels, because he refused to prostrate. He, thus, became `Ablasa' from the mercy, meaning, lost hope in acquiring Allah's mercy. He committed this error, may Allah curse him, due to his false comparison. His claim that the fire is more honored than mud was also false, because mud has the qualities of wisdom, for - bearance, patience and assurance, mud is where plants grow, flourish, increase, and provide good. To the contrary, fire has the qualities of burning, recklessness and hastiness. Therefore, the origin of creation directed Shaytan to failure, while the origin of Adam led him to return to Allah with repentance, humbleness, obedience and submission to His command, admitting his error and seeking Allah's forgiveness and pardon for it. Muslim recorded that `Aishah said that the Messenger of Allah said,

(54. Indeed, your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He rose over (Istawa) the Throne. He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His command. Surely, His is the creation and commandment. Blessed is Allah, the Lord of all that exists!)

Allah states that He created the universe, the heavens and earth and all that is in, on and between them in six days, as He has stated in several Ayat in the Qur'an. These six days are: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. On Friday, the entire creation was assembled and on that day, Adam was created. There is a difference of opinion whether these days were the same as our standard days as suddenly comes to the mind, or each day constitutes one thousand years, as reported from Mujahid, Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal, and from Ibn `Abbas according to Ad-Dahhak's narration from him. As for Saturday, no creation took place in it since it is the seventh day of (of the week). The word `As-Sabt' means stoppage, or break. Imam Ahmad recorded Abu Hurayrah saying: `Allah's Messenger told me:
. (Allah created the dust on Saturday, and He created the mountains on Sunday, and He created the trees on Monday, and He created the unpleasant things on Tuesday and He created the light on Wednesday and He spread the creatures through out it on Thursday and He created Adam after `Asr on Friday. He was the last created during the last hour of Friday, between `Asr and the night.)

As for Allah's statement,
(and then He rose over (Istawa) the Throne) the people had several conflicting opinions over its meaning. However, we follow the way that our righteous predecessors took in this regard, such as Malik, Al-Awza`i, Ath-Thawri, Al-Layth bin Sa`d, Ash-Shafi`i, Ahmad, Ishaq bin Rahwayh and the rest of the scholars of Islam, in past and present times. Surely, we accept the apparent meaning of, Al-Istawa, without discussing its true essence, equating it (with the attributes of the creation), or altering or denying it (in any way or form). We also believe that the meaning that comes to those who equate Allah with the creation is to be rejected, for nothing is similar to Allah,
(There is nothing like Him, and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer.) ﴿42:11﴾ Indeed, we assert and affirm what the Imams said, such as Nu`aym bin Hammad Al-Khuza'i, the teacher of Imam Al-Bukhari, who said, "Whoever likens Allah with His creation, will have committed Kufr. Whoever denies what Allah has described Himself with, will have committed Kufr. Certainly, there is no resemblance (of Allah with the creation) in what Allah and His Messenger have described Him with. Whoever attests to Allah's attributes that the plain Ayat and authentic Hadiths have mentioned, in the manner that suits Allah's majesty, all the while rejecting all shortcomings from Him, will have taken the path of guidance.''

Allah said,
(He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly,) meaning, the darkness goes away with the light, and the light goes away with the darkness. Each of them seeks the other rapidly, and does not come late, for when this vanishes, the other comes, and vice versa. Allah also said;
(And a sign for them is the night. We withdraw therefrom the day, and behold, they are in darkness. And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing. And the moon, We have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old dried curved date stalk. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.) ﴿36:37-40﴾ Allah's statement,
(Nor does the night outstrip the day) ﴿36:40﴾ means, the night follows the day in succession and does not come later or earlier than it should be. This is why Allah said here,
(seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His command.) meaning, all are under His command, will and dominion. Allah alerted us afterwards,
(Surely, His is the creation and commandment) the dominion and the decision. Allah said next,
(Blessed is Allah, the Lord of the all that exists!) which is similar to the Ayah,
(Blessed be He Who has placed in the heaven big stars) ﴿25:61﴾ Abu Ad-Darda' said a supplication, that was also attributed to the Prophet ,
(O Allah! Yours is all the kingdom, all the praise, and Yours is the ownership of all affairs. I ask You for all types of good and seek refuge with You from all types of evil.)
(55. Invoke your Lord Tadarru`an and Khufyah. He likes not the aggressors.) (56. And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, and invoke Him with fear and hope. Surely, Allah's mercy is (ever) near unto the good-doers.)
(57. And it is He Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His mercy (rain). Till when they have carried a heavy-laden cloud, We drive it to a land that is dead, then We cause water (rain) to descend thereon. Then We produce every kind of fruit therewith. Similarly, We shall raise up the dead, so that you may remember or take heed.) (58. The vegetation of a good land comes forth (easily) by the permission of its Lord; and that which is bad, brings forth nothing but (a little) with difficulty. Thus do We explain variously the Ayat for a people who give thanks.)
After Allah stated that He created the heavens and earth and that He is the Owner and Possessor of the affairs Who makes things subservient (for mankind), He ordained that He be invoked in Du`a', for He is able to do all things. Allah also stated that He is the Sustainer and He resurrects the dead on the Day of Resurrection. Here, Allah said that He sends the wind that spreads the clouds that are laden with rain. Allah said in another Ayah,
(And among His signs is this, that He sends the winds with glad tidings) ﴿30:46﴾. Allah's statement,
(going before His mercy) means, before the rain. Allah also said;
(And He it is Who sends down the rain after they have despaired, and spreads His mercy. And He is Al-Wali (the Guardian), Al-Hamid (the praiseworthy) ﴿42:28﴾ and,
(Look then at the results of Allah's mercy, how He revives the earth after its death. Verily, that ﴿is the one Who﴾ shall indeed raise the dead, and He is able to do all things) ﴿30:50﴾. Allah said next,
(Till when they have carried a heavy-laden cloud) when the wind carries clouds that are heavy with rain, and this is why these clouds are heavy, close to the earth, and their color is dark. Allah's statement,
(We drive it to a land that is dead) that is, a dry land that does not have any vegetation. This Ayah is similar to another Ayah,
(And a sign for them is the dead land. We give it life) ﴿36:33﴾. This is why Allah said here,
(Then We produce every kind of fruit therewith. Similarly, We shall raise up the dead.) meaning, just as We bring life to dead land, We shall raise up the dead on the Day of Resurrection, after they have disintegrated. Allah will send down rain from the sky and the rain will pour on the earth for forty days. The corpses will then be brought up in their graves, just as the seeds become grow in the ground (on receiving rain). Allah often mentions this similarity in the Qur'an when He gives the example of what will happen on the Day of Resurrection, and bringing life to dead land,
(so that you may remember or take heed.) Allah's statement,
(The vegetation of a good land comes forth (easily) by the permission of its Lord : meaning, the good land produces its vegetation rapidly and proficiently. Allah said in another Ayah (about Maryam, mother of `Isa, peace be upon him);
("And remember that He made you successors (generations after generations) after the people of Nuh...'') meaning, remember Allah's favor on you in that He made you among the offspring of Nuh, because of whose supplication Allah destroyed the people of the earth after they defied and opposed him.
("and increased you amply in stature.'') making you taller than other people. Similarly, Allah said in the description of Talut (Saul),
(And has increased him abundantly in knowledge and stature.) ﴿2:247﴾ Hud continued,
("So remember the graces (bestowed upon you) from Allah. '') in reference to Allah's favors and blessings
("so that you may be successful.'')

(172. And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord'' They said: "Yes! We testify,'' lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we were unaware of this.'') (173. Or lest you should say: "It was only our fathers aforetime who took others as partners in worship along with Allah, and we were (merely their) descendants after them; will You then destroy us because of the deeds of men who practiced falsehood'') (174. Thus do We explain the Ayat in detail, so that they may turn (unto the truth).)
Allah stated that He brought the descendants of Adam out of their fathers' loins, and they testified against themselves that Allah is their Lord and King and that there is no deity worthy of worship except Him. Allah created them on this Fitrah, or way, just as He said,
(Allah said, `I created My servants Hunafa' (monotheists), but the devils came to them and deviated them from their religion, prohibiting what I allowed.) There are Hadiths that mention that Allah took Adam's offspring from his loins and divided them into those on the right and those on the left.

(When Allah created Adam, He wiped Adam's back and every person that He will create from him until the Day of Resurrection fell out from his back. Allah placed a glimmering light between the eyes of each one of them. Allah showed them to Adam and Adam asked, `O Lord! Who are they' Allah said, `These are your offspring.' Adam saw a man from among them whose light he liked. He asked, `O Lord! Who is this man' Allah said, `This is a man from the latter generations of your offspring. His name is Dawud.' Adam said, `O Lord! How many years would he live' Allah said, `Sixty years.' Adam said, `O Lord! I have forfeited forty years from my life for him.' When Adam's life came to an end, the angel of death came to him (to take his soul). Adam said, `I still have forty years from my life term, don't I' He said, `Have you not given it to your son Dawud' So Adam denied that and his offspring followed suit (denying Allah's covenant), Adam forgot and his offspring forgot, Adam made a mistake and his offspring made mistakes.) At-Tirmidhi said, "This Hadith is Hasan Sahih, and it was reported from various chains of narration through Abu Hurayrah from the Prophet ''. Al-Hakim also recorded it in his Mustadrak, and said; "Sahih according to the criteria of Muslim, and they did not record it.

Surat al-Baqqara (The Cow) N°2 aya n°31 [explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

(31. And He (Allah) taught Adam all the names (of everything), then He (Allah) showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful.'') (32. They (angels) said: "Glory is to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, You are the Knower, the Wise.'') (33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names,'' and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghayb (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing'')

And He taught Adam all the names (of everything)).
Ad-Dahhak said that Ibn `Abbas commented on the Ayah;
(And He taught Adam all the names (of everything)) "Meaning, the names that people use, such as human, animal, sky, earth, land, sea, horse, donkey, and so forth, including the names of the other species.'' Ibn Abi Hatim and Ibn Jarir reported that `Asim bin Kulayb narrated from Sa`id bin Ma`bad that Ibn `Abbas was questioned,
(And He taught Adam all the names (of everything)) "Did Allah teach him the names of the plate and the pot'' He said, "Yes, and even the terms for breaking wind!''
Allah taught Adam the names of everything, their proper names, the names of their characteristics, and what they do, just as Ibn `Abbas stated about the terms for passing gas.

(Then He showed them to the angels) meaning, the objects or creations. `Abdur-Razzaq narrated that Ma`mar said that Qatadah said, "Allah paraded the objects before the angels, (And said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful'').''
(They (angels) said: "Glory is to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the Knower, the Wise.'').

Here the angels are praising Allah's holiness, and perfection above every kind of deficiency, affirming that no creature could ever acquire any part of Allah's knowledge, except by His permission, nor could anyone know anything except what Allah teaches them. This is why they said,
("Glory is to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily You are the Knower, the Wise) meaning, Allah is knowledgeable of everything, Most Wise about His creation, and He makes the wisest decisions, and He teaches and deprives whom He wills from knowledge. Verily, Allah's wisdom and justice in all matters is perfect.

Allah said, (He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names,'' and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghayb (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing'')

Zayd bin Aslam said, "You are Jibril, you are Mika'il, you are Israfil, until he mentioned the name of the crow.'' Mujahid said that Allah's statement,

(He (Allah) said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names,'') "The name of the pigeon, the crow and everything.'' Statements of a similar meaning were reported from Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan, and Qatadah.

The Whole surat at-Tin (The Fig) N°95[explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

Malik and Shu`bah narrated from `Adi bin Thabit, who narrated that Al-Bara' bin `Azib said, "The Prophet used to recite in one of his Rak`ahs while traveling `At-Tin waz-Zaytun' (Surat At-Tin), and I have never heard anyone with a nicer voice or recitation than him.'' The Group has recorded this Hadith in their books.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
(1. By At-Tin and Az-Zaytun.) (2. By Tur Sinin.) (3. By this city of security.) (4. Verily, We created man in the best form.) (5. Then We reduced him to the lowest of the low.) (6. Save those who believe and do righteous deeds. Then they shall have a reward without end.) (7. Then what causes you to deny after this the Recompense) (8. Is not Allah the best of judges)

Al-`Awfi reported from Ibn `Abbas that what is meant by At-Tin is the Masjid of Nuh that was built upon Mount Al-Judi. Mujahid said, "It is this fig that you have.''
(By Az-Zaytun.) Ka`b Al-Ahbar, Qatadah, Ibn Zayd and others have said, "It is the Masjid of Jerusalem (Bayt Al-Maqdis).'' Mujahid and `Ikrimah said, "It is this olive which you press (to extract the oil).''
(By Tur Sinin.) Ka`b Al-Ahbar and several others have said, "It is the mountain upon which Allah spoke to Musa.''
(By this city of security.) meaning Makkah. This was said by Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Al-Hasan, Ibrahim An-Nakha`i, Ibn Zayd and Ka`b Al-Ahbar. There is no difference of opinion about this. Some of the Imams have said that these are three different places, and that Allah sent a Messenger to each of them from the Leading Messengers, who delivered the Great Codes of Law. The first place is that of the fig and the olive, which was Jerusalem, where Allah sent `Isa bin Maryam. The second place is Mount Sinin, which is Mount Sinai where Allah spoke to Musa bin `Imran. The third place is Makkah, and it is the city of security where whoever enters is safe. It is also the city in which Muhammad was sent. They have said that these three places are mentioned at the end of the Tawrah. The verse says, "Allah has come from Mount Sinai - meaning the one upon which Allah spoke to Musa bin `Imran; and shined from Sa`ir - meaning the mountain of Jerusalem from which Allah sent `Isa; and appeared from the mountains of Faran - meaning the mountains of Makkah from which Allah sent `Isa; and appeared from the mountains of Faran - meaning the mountains of Makkah from which Allah sent Muhammad .'' Thus, He mentioned them in order to inform about them based upon their order of existence in time. This is why He swore by a noble place, then by a nobler place, and then by a place that is the nobler than both of them.
and the Result of that Allah says,

(Verily, We created man in the best form.) This is the subject being sworn about, and it is that Allah created man in the best image and form, standing upright with straight limbs that He beautified.
(Then We reduced him to the lowest of the low.) meaning, to the Hellfire. This was said by Mujahid, Abu Al-`Aliyah, Al-Hasan, Ibn Zayd and others. Then after this attractiveness and beauty, their destination will be to the Hell-fire if they disobey Allah and belie the Messengers. This is why Allah says,
(Save those who believe and do righteous deeds.) Some have said,
(Then We reduced him to the lowest of the low.) "This means decrepit old age.'' This has been reported from Ibn `Abbas and `Ikrimah. `Ikrimah even said, "Whoever gathers the Qur'an (i.e., he memorizes it all), then he will not be returned to decrepit old age.'' Ibn Jarir preferred this explanation. Even if this was the meaning, it would not be correct to exclude the believers from this, because some of them are also overcome by the senility of old age. Thus, the meaning here is what we have already mentioned (i.e., the first view), which is similar to Allah's saying,
(By Al-`Asr. Verily man is in loss, except those who believe and perform righteous deeds.) (103:1-3) Concerning Allah's statement,
(Then they shall have a reward without end.) meaning, that will not end, as we have mentioned previously. Then Allah says,
(Then what causes you to deny) meaning, `O Son of Adam!'
(after this the Recompense) meaning, `in the recompense that will take place in the Hereafter. For indeed you know the beginning, and you know that He Who is able to begin (the creation) is also able to repeat it which is easier. So what is it that makes you deny the final return in the Hereafter after you have known this' Then Allah says,
(Is not the Allah the best of judges) meaning, `is He not the best of judges, Who does not oppress or do any injustice to anyone' And from His justice is that He will establish the Judgement, and He will give retribution to the person who was wronged in this life against whoever wronged him. This is the end of the Tafsir of Surat wat-Tin waz-Zaytun and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

Surat Nuh (Noah) N°71 Ayates n°14-18[explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

(While He has created you (in) Atwar (stages).) It has been said that this means from a drop of sperm, then from a hanging clot, then from a lump of flesh. Ibn `Abbas, `Ikrimah, Qatadah, Yahya bin Rafi`, As-Suddi and Ibn Zayd, all said this. Concerning Allah's statement,
(Allah has created the seven heavens in tiers and has made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp) meaning, He made a distinction between them (the sun and moon) in reference to their lighting. He made each one of them in a set manner with a distinct quality so that the night and day may be known. They (the night and day) are known by the rising and setting of the sun. He also determined fixed stations and positions for the moon, and He made its light vary so that sometimes it increases until it reaches a maximum, then it begins to decrease until it is completely veiled. This shows the passing of months and years. This is as Allah said,

(It is He Who made the sun a shining thing and the moon as a light and measured out for its stages that you might know the number of years and the reckoning. Allah did not create this but in truth. He explains the Ayat in detail for people who have knowledge.) (10:5) Concerning Allah's statement,
(And Allah has brought you forth from the (dust of) earth) This (Nabat) is a verbal noun (for emphasis) and its usage here is most excellent.
(Afterwards He will return you into it (the earth),) (71:18) meaning, when you die.
(And bring you forth.) meaning, on the Day of Judgement He will repeat your creation just as He first originated you.
(And Allah has made for you the earth a wide expanse.) meaning, He spread it out, leveled it, settled it, and stabilized it with firm and lofty mountains.
(That you may go about therein in broad roads.) meaning, He created it so that you may settle in it and travel in it wherever you wish, from its different sides, areas and regions. All of this is from what Nuh informed them of concerning Allah's power and His greatness in creating the heavens and the earth. It demostrates the favor that He did for them by making both heavenly benefits and earthly benefits. For He is the Creator and the Sustainer Who made the heaven as a building and the earth as a bed, and He enlarged His provisions for His creatures. Therefore, He is the One Who it is obligatory to worship, and accept as One God. No one should be associated with Him as a partner, because He has no equal, peer, rival, coequal, mate, son, minister or advisor, rather He is the Most High, the Most Great.

Mursalat (The Emissaries) N°77 Ayates n° 20-27 [explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

(Did We not create you from a despised water) meaning, weak and despised in comparison to the power of the Creator. This is similar to what has been reported in the Hadith of Busr bin Jahhash (that Allah says),
("(O) Son of Adam ! How can you think that I am unable, and yet I created you from something like this (i.e., semen)'')
(Then We placed it in a place of safety,) meaning, `We gathered him in the womb, where the fluid of the man and the woman settles. The womb has been prepared for this, as a protector of the fluid deposited in it. Allah said:
(For a known period) meaning, for a fixed period of time, which is from six months to nine months. Thus, Allah says,
(So We did measure; and We are the best to measure. Woe that Day to the deniers!) Then Allah says,
(Have We not made the earth Kifat for the living and the dead) Ibn `Abbas said, "Kifat means a place of shelter.'' Mujahid said, "It holds the dead so that nothing is seen of it.'' Ash-Sha`bi said, "Its interior is for your dead and its surface is for your living.'' Mujahid and Qatadah also said this.
(And have placed therein fixed towers,) meaning, the mountains. The earth is held in place with them so that it does not shake and sway.
(and have given you Furat water) meaning, cold and delicious water from the clouds or from what He causes to gush forth from the springs of the earth.

Sourat Mu'minun (The Believers) N°23 Ayates n° 12-16 [explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

(12. And indeed We created man out of an extract of Tin.) (13. Thereafter We made him a Nutfah in a safe lodging.) (14. Then We made the Nutfah into a clot, then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators.) (15. After that, surely you will die.) (16. Then (again), surely you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection.)
Allah tells us how He initially created man from an extract of Tin. This was Adam, peace be upon him, whom Allah created from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. Ibn Jarir said, "Adam was called Tin because he was created from it.'' Qatadah said, "Adam was created from Tin.'' This is the more apparent meaning and is closer to the context, for Adam, upon him be peace, was created from a sticky Tin, which is a sounding clay of altered black smooth mud, and that is created from dust, as Allah says:
(And among His signs is this that He created you (Adam) from dust, and then -- behold you are human beings scattered!) ﴿30:20﴾ Imam Ahmad recorded from Abu Musa that the Prophet said:
(Allah created Adam from a handful which He picked up from throughout the earth, so the sons of Adam came forth accordingly, red and white and black and in between, evil and good and in between.) Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi recorded something similar. At-Tirmidhi said, "It is Sahih Hasan. ''

(Thereafter We made him a Nutfah.) Here the pronoun refers back to humankind, as in another Ayah:

(and He began the creation of man from clay. Then He made his offspring from semen of despised water.) ﴿32:7,8﴾ meaning, weak, as He says:

(Did We not create you from a despised water Then We placed it in a place of safety.) ﴿77:20-21﴾ meaning the womb, which is prepared and readily equipped for that,
(For a known period. So We did measure; and We are the Best to measure) ﴿77:22-23﴾ meaning, for a known period of time, until it is established and moves from one stage to the next. Allah says here,
(Then We made the Nutfah into a clot,) meaning, `then We made the Nutfah, which is the water gushing forth that comes from the loins of man, i.e., his back, and the ribs of woman, i.e., the bones of her chest, between the clavicle and the breast. Then it becomes a red clot, like an elongated clot.' `Ikrimah said, "This is blood.''
(then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh,) which is like a piece of flesh with no shape or features.
(then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones,) meaning, `We gave it shape, with a head, two arms and two legs, with its bones, nerves and veins.'
(then We clothed the bones with flesh,) meaning, `We gave it something to cover it and strengthen it.'
(and then We brought it forth as another creation.) means, `then We breathed the soul into it, and it moved and became a new creature, one that could hear, see, understand and move.
(So Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators.)
(So Blessed is Allah, the Best of creators.) means, when Allah mentions His ability and subtlety in creating this Nutfah and taking it from stage to stage until it takes the shape of a perfectly formed human being, He says,

(After that, surely you will die.) means, after first being created from nothing, you will eventually die.
(Then (again), surely you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection.) means, you will be created anew.
(and then Allah will bring forth the creation of the Hereafter) ﴿29:20﴾ means, the Day of Return, when the souls will be restored to their bodies and all of creation will be brought to account. Everyone will be rewarded or punished according to his deeds -- if they are good then he will be rewarded, and if they are bad then he will be punished.

Surat Ar-Roume (The Romans) N°30 Ayat n° 54 [explanation from Tafsir ibn Katir]

(54. Allah is He Who created you in weakness, then gave you strength after weakness, then after strength gave (you) weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills. And He is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful.)
Here Allah points out how man passes through different stages of creation, one phase after another. He is originally created from dust, then from a Nutfah, then from a clot, then from a lump of flesh. Then he becomes bones, then the bones are clothed with flesh, then the soul is breathed into him. Then he emerges from his mother's womb, weak and thin and powerless. Then he grows up little by little, until he becomes a child, then he reaches the stage of puberty, then he becomes a young man, which is strength after weakness. Then he starts to get older, reaching middle age, then old age and senility, weakness after strength, so he loses his resolve, power of movement and ability to fight, his hair turns grey and his characteristics, both inward and outward, begin to change. Allah says:
(then after strength gave (you) weakness and grey hair. He creates what He wills.) He does whatsoever He wills and controls His servants in whatever way He wants.
(And He is the All-Knowing, the All-Powerful.)

Surat al'Ankabut (The Spider) N° 29 aya n° 14 [explanation from tafsir ibn Katir]

(14. And indeed We sent Noah (Nuh) to his people, and he stayed among them a thousand years less fifty years; so the Deluge overtook them while they were wrongdoers.)

Here Allah consoles His servant and Messenger Muhammad (SAW) by telling him that Noah (Nuh), peace be upon him, stayed among his people for this long period of time, calling them night and day, in secret and openly, but in spite of all that they still persisted in their aversion to the truth, turning away from it and disbelieving in him. Only a few of them believed with him.

And this about surat al-Qadr (The Decree or The Majesty) N°97 Ayat n°3

Ayat n°3 The grand night is better than a thousand months.

3, The Night of Power is better than a thousand months i.e the night of power, in honour and virtue, is better than a thousand months because of it being distinguished by having the Quran revealed in it. The exegetes of the Quran say: A righteous deed performed in the night of power is better than a righteous deed performed in a thousand months which has no night of power.

It was reported that a man had once taken arms and fought in the way of Allah for a thousand months, so the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and the muslims became amazed at this and the Prophet hoped[good] for his Ummah and said: Oh Lord, my Ummah was made with the shortest of life spans, and the least of actions! So Allah granted him the night of power and said: The night of power is better for you(Muhammad) and your ummah than a thousand months in which that man fought.

Mujahid said: Righteous deeds in that night; fasting and standing in prayer is better than a thousand months.

For the process to learn and descover new skills etc. Man learned and still learn. Wa Allaho A'lam

Allah says in surat al-Mai'dah (The Food) N°5 aya n°31, [explanation from tafsir ibn Katir]

(31. Then Allah sent a crow who scratched the ground to show him how to hide the dead body of his brother. He said: "Woe to me! Am I not even able to be as this crow and to hide the dead body of my brother'' Then he became one of those who regretted.)
(Then Allah sent a crow who scratched the ground to show him how to hide the dead body of his brother. He (the murderer) said, "Woe to me! Am I not even able to be as this crow and to hide the dead body of my brother'' Then he became one of those who regretted.) As-Suddi said that the Companions said, "When his brother died, Qabil left him on the bare ground and did not know how to bury him. Allah sent two crows, which fought with each other until one of them killed the other. So it dug a hole and threw sand over the dead corpse (which it placed in the hole). When Qabil saw that, he said,
("Woe to me! Am I not even able to be as this crow and to hide the dead body of my brother'') `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "A crow came to the dead corpse of another crow and threw sand over it, until it hid it in the ground.

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) & Evolution!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Just borrowing the concept of Sr amyaishazouaoui & developing it further.

Can someone please explain to me as to HOW this doesn't prove evolution?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA

We can argue that a "Kun" of Allah (SWT) is involved from a Muslim perspective

OR

From a theist perspective it is happening at random or it is smart –evolution

Nevertheless my little brain tells me that this is evolution and I am stressing again that there is NO evidence of transformation of species; this is evolution within-species.

malam

Asslamo Allaikum,

Just borrowing the concept of Sr amyaishazouaoui & developing it further.

Can someone please explain to me as to HOW this doesn't prove evolution?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA

We can argue that a "Kun" of Allah (SWT) is involved from a Muslim perspective

OR

From a theist perspective it is happening at random or it is smart –evolution

Nevertheless my little brain tells me that this is evolution and I am stressing again that there is NO evidence of transformation of species; this is evolution within-species.

Dude, Like i have said in my previous posts, Micro Evolution ocurs, and it has no issues from a religious point of view--and this also to say that there is no trasformation between species.

Macro evolution is a HUGE HOAX!
I suggest that you please read up on previous posts

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam,

Appreciate your explainations, Brother; they are very helpful Masha'Allah.

But please point out as to where I have discussed macro-evolution or transformation of species (i.e. the flawed darwinism)? This is bogus stuff!

I belive that you are misunderstanding my intentions and writings as perhaps I am not making them clear enough.

Dude, Like i have said in my previous posts, Micro Evolution ocurs, and it has no issues from a religious point of view--and this also to say that there is no trasformation between species.

Macro evolution is a HUGE HOAX!
I suggest that you please read up on previous posts

P

pcborg

salaam brothers and sisters...

For a useful document on the position of the Qur'an on science and evolution and creation please read the following pdf file...

http://marwanboustany.googlepages.com/Evolutiontalkv.11.02.07.pdf

it will answer a number of questions that muslims have. There is also a short section on evolution (which could easily have been expanded greatly, so it it incomplete but useful)... Finally there is a section on useful resources.

Regarding bacterial resistance, this is really not as impressive as you think, it is a perfect example of a variational principle within creatures, but not of the fairytale of evolution. Think about it for a moment... Bacteria can replicate every 20 minutes, so trilllions of bacteria and many million of generations have been experimented on and manipluated to get them to change... and NADA, nothing, no change, they are still bacteria... the only changes have been variational (the kind that give antibiotic resistance etc...)think about what this means...

Also, the kinds of changes needed for bacterial resistance to antibiotics is easy to acquire, because antibiotics are specific (to kill the bacteria and not the host), all a bacteria has to do is change (sometimes randomly, but other time non-randomly) one or two codons in the dna and that will give it resistance. Many times, this change actually degrades the genome of the bacteria.

some useful papers (there are others) to read on this are: -

http://www.ideacenter.org/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/848
http://www.trueorigin.org/bacteria01.asp

Please note that these links do not mean i am in agreement with the entire websites...

One last point... Please stop using the word evolution as if it has any substance... there is no macro and micro evolution... there is the fairytale of evolution and there is the designed ability for variation within creatures...

Micro and macro evolution is like saying that jumping is 'micro flying' and normal flying is 'macro flying'...

It makes no sense... in that case of humans... would it make sense to say we micro fly when we jump? and that we may macro fly some day (with just our bodies) iff we practice micro flying enough?

Micro flying happens, but its called jumping. Macro flying will never happen, its a fairytale like peter pan... we will never fly.

anyway... I hope this helps a bit... I am busy for a a couple of weeks so be patient with my responses to questions etc...

salaam

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Islam And Darwinism
By: Prof. Maqsood Jafri

Islam believes in the theory of creation and Darwinists believe in the Theory of Evolution. In this article briefly it is discussed that the life on earth is created by God; it is not accidental or by chance. The atheists and the materialists negate the existence of God and consider human life and even mind to be a form of matter. Darwin’s theory of Evolution has influenced the minds of people and their character has been influenced as well. Such people do not believe in divine morals and values. They do not believe in God, soul and Hereafter. Islam says that God has created this universe and Humans with a specified goal. In Sura the Heifer in verse 117 the Quran says: “To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: when He decrees a matter, He says to it: “Be”, and it is.” Similarly in Sura Yasin in verse no. 82 the Quran announces: “Verily, when He intends a thing, His command is, “Be”; and it is”. The Quran has used two words for creation “Khalaq” and “Amr”. “Amr” is immediate command and immediate creation. Suppose about the creation of soul the Quran says: They ask you about soul, say; the soul is the command of my Lord” – All humans and the cosmos has been regarded as “Khalq”. The man comes in to being through a proper natural system. Without sexual intercourse and conception no life can take shape. But when the Quran refers about the birth of Jesus Christ; it is not natural or usual way of birth. It is through special command. Similarly the mothers of Yahya and Ishmael had gone old and barren and could not produce children. But the Quran mentions about their birth through special command. The natural laws and usual system of creation is regarded as Khalq. Hence the Quran in Sura Al-Imran in verse 190 says; “Behold! In the creation of heavens and the earth, and the alternation of Night and Day – there are indeed signs for men of understanding.” There are many verses in the Quran dealing with the subject of creation. Then there is also the concept of evolutionary process in creation but it is not in Darwinian sense but in the sense of developing stages of cosmos. The Quran in Sura The Height in verse 54 announces; “Your Guardian – Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days.” Then in Sura “the cattle” in verse 2 the Quran says; “He it is who created you from clay; and then decreed a stated term) for you). An there is in His presence another determined term; yet you doubt within yourselves”. The six days and stated term indicate the process and stages of creation by God. The creation of the universe in six days is the Biblical concept as well. Man is the blend of Matter and Soul. When God created Adam out of clay he infused his spirit in it. The Quran very explicitly narrates the story of the creation of Adam. The materialists do not believe in creation and spirit and regard the universe only the product of blind material forces. Now let us discuss what Darwin propounded. Darwinism bases on materialism. The ancient Greek materialists like Democritus believed in Evolutionary Naturalism. Besides the British scientist Charles Robert Darwin (1809 – 1882) and the British philosopher Herbert Spencer (1820 – 1903), a number of other eminent philosophers supported the theory of evolution. Hegel’s theory of cosmic evolution is its offshoot. Nietzsche applied the concept of evolution to ethical theory. Karl Marx and Engels adopted it to socio – political philosophy. Thomas Henry Huxlay humanized it. Henri Bergson became one of its most influential exponents and Samuel Alexander developed it into his novel theory of emergent evolution. French Zoologist Jean de Lamarck (1744 – 1829), in 1809 presented his pioneering theory of evolution. Charles Darwin, in his “The Origin of Species” 1859) and “The Descent of Man” 1871), presented his theory of evolution. He presented the theory of the Mechanism of Natural Selection or survival of the fittest. Darwinism maintains that living things were not created but came into being by chance. Darwinism, materialism and communism believe in matter not in spirit. Darwin himself regarded his theory based on assumptions. Darwinism has been scientifically rejected. The defeat of Darwinism in the faces of science can be reviewed under three basic topics:

1- The Darwinism theory cannot scientifically explain how life originated on Earth.

2- No scientific finding shows that the “evolutionary mechanism” proposed by the theory have any evolutionary power at all.

3- The fossil record provided proves the exact opposite of what the theory suggests.

The evolutionists’ claim that the universe started from “first atom” and life started from “first cell”. Who created the atom and cell, the evolutionists cannot answer. Inanimate matter must have produced a living cell as a result of coincidence in the belief of the evolutionists. Modern biologists have rejected this claim. Life comes from life has been proved. The theory of “spontaneous generation”, which asserts that non-living materials came together to form living organism has been rejected. In a lecture at the Sorbonne in 1864, Pasteur said; “Never will the doctrine of spontaneous generation recover from the mortal blow struck by this simple experiment.” The great evolutionists like Russian biologist Alexander Oparin and American chemist Stanley Miller experimented to prove that a living cell could originate by coincidence but failed and they admitted their failure. Oparin in “Origin of Life” and Stanley Miller in “Molecular Evolution of life” discuss it in detail. Jeffery Bada in his book “Earth” admits: “we still face the biggest unsolved problem that we had when we entered the twentieth century: how did life originate on earth.” The conditions required for the formation of cell are too great in quantity to be explained away by coincidences. The DNA molecule is so complex that it cannot be accidental or coincidental. Mechanism of evolution has been also rejected. No deer becomes horse and no ape becomes man. It is a fallacious theory having no historical and scientific evidence.

Lamarck and Darwin believed in the transferring of traits of one species to the other. They maintain that living creatures passed on the traits they acquired during lifetime to the next generation. Giraffes evolved from antelopes and bears transformed into whales. However, the laws of inheritance discovered by Gregor Mendel (1822 – 1884) and verified by the science of genetics have nullified the theory of evolutionary mechanism. Neo-Darwinism advances the Modern synthetic Theory”. Mutations, i.e.; genetic disorders do not cause living beings to develop on the contrary they are always harmful. The fossil record theory of Darwin, which was a basic contention, has been rejected on scientific grounds. According to this theory, every living species has sprung from a predecessor. No “Transitional Forms” have yet been uncovered. On the contrary, the British Paleontologist, Drerk v. Ager in “The Nature of the Fossil Record” admits that the fossil records shows not gradual evolution but the sudden explosion of one group at the expense of another. This is just the opposite of Darwin’s assumptions. Douglas J. Futuyma, an eminent evolutionist biologist in his book, “Science of Trail” announces organism as the creation of some omnipotent intelligence. Fossils show, writes Harun Yahua, in his book, “The Importance of Conscience in the Quran”, that living beings emerged fully developed and in a perfect state on the earth. That means, that the Origin of Species, contrary to Darwin’s suppositions, is not evolution, but creation.” On the wonders of creation the Quran in Sura Rehman aptly announces: “He has created man. He has taught him an intelligent speech.” Then in the same Sura in verse 13 God announce; “Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny.”