Did he read?

al-muslimah

:salam2:

We have learnt that Prophet Mohammad PBUH was illiterate, why didn't he then learn after his revelation since Islam encouraged Muslims to read and be educated?

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

We have learnt that Prophet Mohammad PBUH was illiterate, why didn't he then learn after his revelation since Islam encouraged Muslims to read and be educated?

:wasalam:

Our Prophet (peace be upon him) was doing what he was commanded to do, that was the spread the message and to show the correct way of practicing this deen. I think it was miraculous that he was unlettered and still knew the entire Quran. As a previous nonbeliever it also was one of the reasons I beleived he was a prophet, because it is not like he read the Torah and Injeel and then just copied it over into the Quran.

Islam encourages us to be educated and that has changed somewhat over time. Now it is almost impossible to be educated without literacy whereas in the past there were successful bussiness merchants, land owners, and other folks who could not read.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

education doesnt necessarily means to read and write. he (peace be upon him) knew entire Quran.

maybe it was Allah's will to keep him :saw2: illiterate so that nobody will have any excuse to say that prophet wrote Quran.

moreover, if we read his biography, we'll come to realise the hard circumstances faced and hard work done. there could be no peace or time to sit and write alif, baa, taa.

may Allah keep us safe frm shaitan whisperings.

al-muslimah

SubhanAllah I'm sure there is something wise behind it.
Jazakum Allahu Khayran for your replies.

Ameen for your dua'a.