Disobeying Wives - Hear this.

S

Sister Zohra

Wa Alaikkum As'alaam

All I'm saying is not to disobey your husbands, just a warning that's all. A lot of women are doing their own thing these days, contrary to what their husbands tell them and many are ending up single. May be I should have highlighted the men as well as they are not guilt free.

Yes, indeed I didn't realsise I was upsetting a lot of people here. I apologise. I think I have to get used to the idea of not using my own reasoning and using a 'scholar's' and I guess it will take a long time for me to get used to that.

May be you should delete this thread? I don't think I've conveyed what I set out to do, and probably is misleading as well with the title 'Disobeying wives..'.

Assalamu Alaikum,

I agree with what sister "ShyHijabi" had said. It seems brother Tomtom had the right intention and just wanted to remind us to not forget our duties as wives in Islam. But respectively, brother, some of your logic was a bit flawed and your language could have been more respectful... as some of the members have tried to hint at. lol

Also, as "Seeking Allah's Mercy" stated, if you haven't already you should check out Nouman Ali Khan's tafseer. In my opinion, his tafseer in english is the best. I find myself spending quite a bit of time watching his lectures.

InshaAllah, we will learn from this and the threads will become a little more peaceful.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I can honestly say you are one the pettiest and most insulting person I've had the displeasure of coming across on this board. All of your posts are just extremely angry and usually involve your weird and inexplicable hatred of women. You have some sort of complex where you feel the need to put everyone down and assert your perceived superiority. Do you think you're funny? Because you're not.

I'm not even mad. Honestly, I'm a little amused, because you're pretty sad.

This was a bit uncalled for. And Kayleigh no offense, but I haven't seen you posting a lot since he got here. Have you gone through the majority of his posts? He says some good stuff.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Hey...what does my being single have to do with disobeying wives. I haven't figured that one out yet.

When someone figures that out let me know...

Brother,

When a wife is disobedient to her husband she is reprimanded by all. The other sisters try to ease the situation. Her mother will intercede on behalf of the husband. Her father will buy the husband gifts to amend for his daughters behavior. The husbands family will be showered with gifts and meals.

The family pulls together to honor the husband.

Tomtom

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,

Hey...what does my being single have to do with disobeying wives. I haven't figured that one out yet.

When someone figures that out let me know...

Brother,

When a wife is disobedient to her husband she is reprimanded by all. The other sisters try to ease the situation. Her mother will intercede on behalf of the husband. Her father will buy the husband gifts to amend for his daughters behavior. The husbands family will be showered with gifts and meals.

The family pulls together to honor the husband.

I was answering Kayleigh she said "Wow. You're single, aren't you?" right underneath your post and I wasn't sure if it was directed to you or to me as the post owner. So I cheekily answered her that you are single. Laugh out loud.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Muslim sister are very gentle. I can not write this enough. So what is taken as hypersensitivity is not.

That is the reason brothers have to protect us. And when we misbehave we have the words of the Prophet, and the words of Allah subhana wa taala to remind us.

And I am glad you are here to keep us on our toes.

And thank you for helping me understand that I am single. It is a better word than divorced.

strive-may-i

BLame- Being Lame

Wa Alaikkum As'alaam

All I'm saying is not to disobey your husbands, just a warning that's all. A lot of women are doing their own thing these days, contrary to what their husbands tell them and many are ending up single. May be I should have highlighted the men as well as they are not guilt free.
:salam2:

Yes some talks need utmost caution... Especially BLame (Being Lame)...

Beats me [Like they say in wild wild west, where this concept is strong among some religious circles]:
The first question that arises is, lets say I have a wife, and she wants something, I say no. She comes back, I say wont, its not right. She persists, then what do we do?
I might say
1. "You do I wont"
or
2. "I accept to join hand"
or
3. Forbid her also from thinking about it, by sound reasoning
The choice is there , right?
[Now this is just an example, applying to self... Now you, you Mr.TomTom reflect deep... ]
(And May Allah, give us just enough will, wisdom to stick to his orders... Ameen!)

And you know, Some say " Most Men forget easily, Most women forgive easily", It has truth. While you might also find that "some men forgive easily, and some women forget easily"...

Good post, nevertheless, the good valid counter points, came out!

Tomtom

Banned
:salam2:

Yes some talks need utmost caution... Especially BLame (Being Lame)...

Beats me [Like they say in wild wild west, where this concept is strong among some religious circles]:
The first question that arises is, lets say I have a wife, and she wants something, I say no. She comes back, I say wont, its not right. She persists, then what do we do?
I might say
1. "You do I wont"
or
2. "I accept to join hand"
or
3. Forbid her also from thinking about it, by sound reasoning
The choice is there , right?
[Now this is just an example, applying to self... Now you, you Mr.TomTom reflect deep... ]
(And May Allah, give us just enough will, wisdom to stick to his orders... Ameen!)

And you know, Some say " Most Men forget easily, Most women forgive easily", It has truth. While you might also find that "some men forgive easily, and some women forget easily"...

Good post, nevertheless, the good valid counter points, came out!

Say what old boy?