Do Matrimonials workout?

Asalaamalikum brother/sister,

Just curious if anyone has been to a matrimonial service and would like to share some personal experiences

I remember my friend invited me to one, which I only went to see haha (as it was my intention), and they were getting groups of brothers and sisters to engage in activities -for example -such as describing an object and how it relates to marriage - you know, to break the ice.

I think alot of the brothers and sisters were "too" focused on the activities rather than finding a soul mate. I think they lost their focus and what their purpose was. It was very hard for some people to talk to a person they were interested in, because they were being distracted by others trying to get their attention in their group.

ShaheedU

Extinct
wa alaikumassalaam,

Humblewun, whats a Matrimonial exactly? i can vaguely guess through the rest of the post but elaborate please.

wa alaikumassalaam,

Humblewun, whats a Matrimonial exactly? i can vaguely guess through the rest of the post but elaborate please.

Salaam,

It's where Muslim singles look for potential marriage partners face to face, usually through the services of a masjid. You have the opportunity to converse with the opposite gender and get to know the persons various backgrounds, similarities, interests, etc.

Amirah84

:salam2: brother,

Is this a sort of a meeting in person at a matrimonial conference? I haven't heard much about those. However one of my friends filled out some papers for matrimonial purposes in a masjid i Birmingham. And there were some brothers who did the same. You had to specify alot of things, e.g which country you want the other person to be from, level of education etc.

So the people who ran the service at the masjid paired her application up with a brother who they thought might be suitable.

To cut a long story short, they met with family and all', got married 2 months later and say that they are completely ideal for each other.

So it can work.

:wasalam: