Do not buy Israeli Dates this Ramadaan

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullaah wa barakatuhuh,

During Ramadaan many of us like to break our fast with dates as per the Sunnah of Rasulullaah salAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam. I'm posting this in order that we can maintain this Sunnah without indirectly and unintentionally supporting the illegal occupation of Palestine by buying dates grown in Israel, the West Bank or the Jordan Valley.

Please check where the dates you're buying were produced and make a wise decision.

More information on this link:

http://www.foa.org.uk/campaigns/check-the-label

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I am in Georgia, USA. I buy the dates from Kroger's Grocery.
The dates are made in Pakistan. :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I wish I could get a flash mob to do the grocery stores. I have seen a couple of videos. That makes me happy.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Dates... I've never had a date. Are they any good?

They are excellent. You should definitely try them. There are wide varieties of them.

Also, they are mentioned in the Glorious Quran as one of the fruits of Paradise.

Our Prophet SallAllahu Alleyhi Wa Sallam also broke his fast eating odd number of dates. So it's sunnah to break fast with dates as well.

Modern science has uncovered some of the great nutritional benefits of dates. I will paste some below from one of the websites that has ample information about them.

Dates also contain a form of sugar that gives the body high levels of mobility and heat energy and which can be easily broken down in the body. Furthermore, this sugar is not glucose, which rapidly raises the level of blood sugar but the fruit sugar fructose. A rapid rise in blood sugar levels in diabetics in particular has a damaging effect on a great many organs and systems, especially the eyes, kidneys, heart and circulatory system and nervous system. High blood sugar is one of the main causes of disorders as serious as loss of sight, heart attacks and kidney insufficiency.

Dates contain a great many vitamins and minerals. They are very rich in fibre, fat and proteins. They also contain sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, sulphur, phosphorus and chlorine, as well as vitamins A, beta-carotene, B1, B2, B3 and B6. Some of the benefits of the vitamins and minerals in dates to the normal human body and especially during pregnancy can be summarised as follows:

The nutritional value of dates stems from the appropriate mineral balance within them. The date also contains folic acid, a B vitamin of great importance to pregnant women. Folic acid (B9) is a vitamin which serves important functions in the construction of new blood cells and of amino acids, the body's building blocks, and in cell renewal. The need for folic acid thus rises significantly during pregnancy and the daily requirement doubles. When folic acid levels are insufficient, red blood cells that are larger than normal but with lower functionality emerge, along with the symptoms of anaemia, appear. Folic acid plays a particularly important role in cell division and in the formation of the genetic structure of the cell and is the only substance daily requirements of which double during pregnancy. The date is exceedingly rich in folic acid.

On the other hand, the long-term nausea and physical reactions that appear during pregnancy do so because of a lack of potassium. Levels therefore need to be reinforced. In the same way that the large quantities of potassium in dates are of great importance in this regard, they are also important in regulating the water balance in the body. Moreover, by helping oxygen to reach the brain potassium enables one to think clearly. In addition, it provides the appropriate alkaloidal features for body fluids and stimulates the kidneys to expel toxic bodily wastes. It helps bring down high blood pressure and the formation of healthy skin.

The iron contained in dates controls the synthesis of haemoglobin in the red blood cells and ensures an appropriate level of red cells in the blood. This is of vital importance in preventing anaemia during pregnancy and the development of the baby. Red blood cells play a role in keeping cells alive by carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood. Due to dates' high iron levels, a human being can meet his or her iron requirements by eating just 15 dates a day and will thus be protected from disorders arising from iron deficiency.

The calcium and phosphate in dates are important elements for skeletal growth and balancing the body's bone structure. The high levels of phosphorus and calcium in dates protect the body against bone weakness and help reduce such disorders.

Scientists also emphasise the way in which dates reduce stress and tension. Research by Berkeley University experts has revealed that dates contain high levels of vitamin B6, which strengthens the nerves, and magnesium, which is very important for the kidneys. A person can meet his magnesium requirement by eating just 2-3 grains of date a day.

The vitamin B1 in dates facilitates the health of the nervous system, assists the transformation of the carbohydrates in the body into energy and the use of protein and fats to meet the body's needs. Vitamin B2 assists in the burning of protein, carbohydrates and fats for the provision of bodily energy and cell renewal.

The body's vitamin A requirement rises during pregnancy. Thanks to the vitamin A it contains, the date improves vision and bodily resistance and strengthens the teeth and bones. Dates are also especially rich in beta-carotene. Beta-carotene helps prevent cancer by controlling molecules that attack the cells.

In addition, unlike dates, other fruits are generally lacking in protein. Thanks to this feature, dates enable the body to protect itself against illness and infection, to renew cells and ensure fluid balance.

Link : http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_69.html

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
I dont think i've seen ny Made is isreal dates in Pakistan yet :lol: but thanks anyway :) Ramadan Mubarak in advance =)