Do not trust in technology!

al-muslimah

:salam2:

Dear all,

When I checked my laptop this morning, I was shocked to see that every single thing in it has disappeared!! My laptop has always been my best friend. A place where I keep all my things and secrets in. I collect and download everything on it. Islamic lectures, books, Nasheeds, pictures. I also lost all my life plan documents and all my projects that have to do with my studies. Many articles I wrote and also a poem that I have written for my dad, are all gone. There are plenty of stuff that I downloaded to watch later. But subhanAllah I guess Allah planned this for me.

It’s hard to lose something all at once! I feel that I don’t have any identity now. Not exactly, but the one who went through this would know exactly what I mean and feel. Is there anyone here who knows about computer brains? Is there a way or another of getting all the data back? Do you have any advise?

Thank you.

:wasalam:

P.s: I really don't wish this to anyone so here is an advice from me to you is to always save every single thing on your flash disk.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

oh...its bad. may Allah help you.

on future, try to maintain the "back-up" of ur important files. or maybe save them in USB + update once a month.

al-muslimah

Akhiiiiiiiiii it WOOOOORKED!!! I can't believe my eyesss!! Wallahi Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! Mashallah everything is back as it was last night!! I'm gonna straight away save all my stuff on my USB!!! haha..Seruoisly thank you brother ayman. May Allah yjzeek alkhair and grant you janatul firdaws. Thank you for the advise brother ahmad and for your time on the thread. Jazak allahu khayran.

rayray

Me two! I suggest backing up all your files via USB, or external hard drive. But the best way I think is to back it up via the internet! Create an anonymous account somewhere, and set it all to private. That way you can access it anywhere! All you need afterwards is remember your password:SMILY231:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
SOBHANALLAH!!!!!!!!!this is brilliant sis:wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing::laughing-dancing::jumpclap::jumpclap::jumpclap::SMILY288::SMILY288::SMILY288:

.ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!!now sis i'd ask you to go pray two rakat to thank ALLAH:salah:oh!and remember to make dua for my sucess:p

so now can we trust technology ukhti!!

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

:salam2:

most likely you were infected with some malware.

that restore may not last long, if it comes back restore again and make sure you have it all backed up.

before you run a check on it with like trendmicro online scanner or bitdefender. you computer may not work after that, where you need to do a complete reinstall of operating system.

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
assalamo alaikum, always try to save your files on d, e of f partitions of your hard disc instead of saving them on c drive (where u saved the windows) or desktop.
wasalam

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salam Alakum,

My desktop started to make a strange humming noise. I was afraid it was the power source so I took the cover off. I was amazed at how much dust had accumulated inside. I cleaned it the best that I could without an air hose. The noise was from the fan being so clogged-up.

4mMadara2Amina

As salamu alykom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu :hijabi:

Today when I log in the TTI I become a little worried, because first treads what showed up for me was mostly about something sad. But now, when I read that you got everything back I got a little calm. Alhamdulillah you have all back.

It happened once with me too, but I didn't have chance get all back. But the persons who don't have too much of knowledge about computers don't think with it can happen something bad or for example that would need make more hard drive parts. Like c, d, e or h etc.

Am happy for you :hijabi:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I've lost so much stuff through computer malfunctions over the years, that I don't even care anymore :D I don't keep anything at all of import on my computer anymore, whatever is good and I need it, I send myself an email with its link, or upload it online somewhere.

The most things I used to backup was music/videos.. but I don't need those anymore, so no worries at all :)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Lol this thread was a bit of an emotional roller coaster ...I'm relieved that it all worked out okay!

Alhamdulillaah

Artemis

Banned
Akhiiiiiiiiii it WOOOOORKED!!! I can't believe my eyesss!! Wallahi Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!! Mashallah everything is back as it was last night!! I'm gonna straight away save all my stuff on my USB!!! haha..Seruoisly thank you brother ayman. May Allah yjzeek alkhair and grant you janatul firdaws. Thank you for the advise brother ahmad and for your time on the thread. Jazak allahu khayran.

Do not rely on USB's they are fine for minor stuff but for the really important stuff use a non-erasable backup for like a CD or DVD. Rotate four Rewritable CDs or DVDs (depends on how much stuff you want to back up) but they are much more reliable than USB's. My brother used a USB for some important pics and they were wiped by something, don't know what but it cost him a lot of time and effort.