Do we believe in the Old testament Bible?

al-muslimah

Salam Alaycom brothers and sisters

I don’t know much about the Bible(s) but I know that there is an old testament and a new one. We Muslims believe in the Holy Scriptures but we don’t believe in the scriptures that have been edited. As far as I know that all the Bibles have been edited but don't have information about the old testament. So my question is here, is the Old testament the same as the real Bible? Has it been edited?

Walsalam

stargazer

Clear Skies!
Off course! It has been edited:

"woe to those who write the book with their own hands and then say: 'this is from Allah' to gaing a small miserable price.

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby" Al Baqar 79

And plus there are many erros in the bible. Here is a logical one. In the bible in Genesis it was said that plants came after the sun. But this is not true. So the logical conclusion is it has been edited by the ignorant men of the day.

Hope it answers to some extent

al-muslimah

Yeah bro/sis it's confusing. But why do they have books called "new" testament? I thought that only new ones were edited and the Old one was never touched.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Unfortunately, The Bible has been mistranslated and misinterpreted so many times that it can't be accept as one hundred percent reliable in any language including Hebrew. The Old and New Testaments are filled with beautiful and helpful verses that can inspire, warn, and "rebuke". All "scripture" can be profitable as Paul wrote to Timothy:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Of course most Christians fail to realize that Scripture for Paul and Timothy was the Tanakh (Torah, Nevi'im, Ketuvim) which was The Old Testament and not
B'rit Chadashah (The Gospels, The Book of Acts, and The Epistles) which we call The New Testament in English.

You are traveling down a road that leads to two towns and you want to get to the town where people only tell the Truth and not the town where people only Lie. When you meet two guys at the fork. You don't know where either of the men are from except that one will always tell you the Truth and the other will always lie. How can you get to the town of truthful people? Brain Teasers

stargazer

Clear Skies!
I am a brother. Ok Jesus PBUH was born to a jewish environment. He was sent to purify the practices of the Jews with regards to the religion. They had the TORAH. The firt five book of Moses along with some other books like Deutronomy, Kings, Psams. This books we call it the Old Testament. The new faith, the christianity adopted these books along with the Gospels which is called the New testament. However that just a distinction. As for the Old testament we have today, It is edited as it contains many logical, historical and factual errors. So the Old testament of today has been editied.

However chances are there the true teachings of Torah was still in existent yet the truth depressed.

As for the belief in the books, we believe the books which Allah has sent to his Messengers and not any other man made versions. As for the Old Testament we have today, it is NOT the word of God as it has been revealed in original form to Allah's prophet like Moses.

mmasood65

Aslamoalikum
As for as i know Bible was written much after Jesus PBUH . We beleve on bible(Actual bible--Words Of Allah) its part of our belef, but we dont accept bibles available now a days old or new testament. There are many fabrications and translations are even worse.

shichemlydia

salam alikoum sister,
personally i do believe that the bible that was with "aissa" pbuoh does not exist anymore,
the bible that was with aissa pbuoh was written in arameic. i heard once that it was corrupted shortly after the time of aissa pbuoh.
and allah swt knows the best.
wa salam alikoum

al-muslimah

Jazakum Allahu khayran for all who took time replying. :)

Subhanallah things are so complicated when we think about the Bible. It makes me thank Allah billion times for what we have, The Holy Quran. Alhamdulilah!

Walsalam

hana*

Jazakum Allahu khayran for all who took time replying. :)

Subhanallah things are so complicated when we think about the Bible. It makes me thank Allah billion times for what we have, The Holy Quran. Alhamdulilah!

Walsalam

you are absolutely correct: it is complicated- theres also so many types of bibles and not even the original! alhamdulilah for the ONE QURAN in its original form, preserved from that day Gabriel revealled it to the Prophet (peace be upon him).

alhamdulilah, how lucky are we to be from this Ummah.