Do we HAVE to believe in Hadiths??

rsari

:salam2:

Brothers and Sisters,

I have just read the following link which got me really confused,
can someone tell me if we MUST trust the hadiths? I believe that Al Quran alone is sufficient for us, but I do read a lot of hadiths that sometime contradicts one another, what do hadiths serve? and to what extent should we learn them? I had a little argument with someone because of a hadith, if they are contradictory why was it written in the first place?

I am confused..

pls look at this link:

:wasalam:

hafz

We have to believe the hadiths as well, the sahih hadith
That Muslims should accept the Hadith/Sunnah as a source of Islamic Law is advocated by the Holy Qur'an itself:

"Whatever the messenger gives you, take it; and whatever he forbids you from, abstain from that."

"Obey Allah and obey the Prophet and render not your actions in vain."

"Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah."

Likewise, the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) also emphasized the authoritative nature of his Sunnah. During the course of Khutbah al Wada'ah (Farewell Sermon) the Prophet (s.a.w.s) is reported to have said:
"I leave behind two things, if you hold fast unto them you shall never go astray: the Book of Allah and my Sunnah."

The website you quoted is taking literal meanings from hadith and they are not infact in contradiction to the Quraan.

There are six sahih books of hadith trusted by all scholars
http://www.islam4theworld.com/hadith/articles/siha_sittah_compilers.htm

Hadith which were weak or fabricated have been put into different books.

I would urge you to find out about the life of Imam Bukhari
http://www.hilalplaza.com/ebooks/bukhari.pdf

There are many websites like the one you quoted they rely on the readers ignorance .

samiha

---------
Staff member

Yes you HAVE to believe in Hadith. It is ludicrous to believe otherwise. How would you pray, do Hajj, break fast in Ramadan and so many other things if you did not believe in Hadith? How would you say the Shahadah, in which you proclaim Muhammad :saw: the Messenger of Allah, yet then deny his teachings? :astag:

The Qur'aan it its unadultered and perfected form tells us to follow the Messenger of Allah :saw:

Say: "Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, but if you turn away, he (Messenger Muhammad saaws) is only responsible for the duty placed on him (i.e. to convey Allah's Message) and you for that placed on you. If you obey him, you shall be on the right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to convey (the message) in a clear way (i.e. to preach in a plain way)."

“So take what the Messenger assigns to you and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.” (Qur’ân 59:7)

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).
Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.
Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.
It is only a Revelation revealed.
He has been taught (this Qur’aan) by one mighty in power [Jibreel (Gabriel)].
One free from any defect in body and mind then he (Jibreel — Gabriel in his real shape as created by Allaah) rose and became stable”
[al-Najm 53:1-6]

Allaah has commanded the people to obey His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He has enjoined this in many verses of the Qur’aan, of which we will quote some. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allaah and the Messenger (Muhammad).” But if they turn away, then Allaah does not like the disbelievers”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:32]

“He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad), has indeed obeyed Allaah, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (O Muhammad) as a watcher over them”
[al-Nisa’ 4:80]

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination”
[al-Nisa’ 4:59]

“And perform As Salaah (Iqaamat as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad) that you may receive mercy (from Allaah)”
[al-Noor 24:56]

Allaah warns against rejecting the word of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning):

“… And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment (i.e., his Sunnah) (among the sects) beware, lest some fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, etc.) befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [al-Noor 24:63]

Therefore, in order to follow the Quran you HAVE to follow and believe in the Hadith!

Here are some links which may further clarify this issue:

Summary and Refutation of Hadith Rejectors claims

What Are the Quran And Sunnah? Why Do Muslims Have To Follow This?

Important: The Science of Hadith, What Are Hadith?

Former threads:

Question regarding Hadith

Following Hadith question

:jazaak: to all the people who brought together these Ayat from the Qur'aan :)

May Allah guide us all to the Straight Path. Ameen.

rsari

Thank you brothers and sisters for your replies,

that submission website that I posted earlier and already deleted by the moderator is very dangerous and misleading :angryblue:

I read some more of the topics in there and I realized that whoever wrote the things in there only cherry pick the ayah they thing suits them from the Qur'an :astag:

to brother moderator: i don't understand why you delete that link?? it is misleading I realized that, but in my opinion it encourages questions and make people wants to learn more about the real deen.

Thank you brothers and sisters for your replies,

that submission website that I posted earlier and already deleted by the moderator is very dangerous and misleading :angryblue:

I read some more of the topics in there and I realized that whoever wrote the things in there only cherry pick the ayah they thing suits them from the Qur'an :astag:

to brother moderator: i don't understand why you delete that link?? it is misleading I realized that, but in my opinion it encourages questions and make people wants to learn more about the real deen.

Salaamalikum,

Akhi, I know what you are saying, but why waste your time learning something that is not meaningful and useful when you can spend the time to learn what is correct, meaningful and useful to yourself?

You should try to ask your questions based on what is correct, so as to clarify and help you better understand then something that is already wrong and further questioning will not lead you to anything, except to what is correct. Get it? :)

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum sister rsari,

The site you've been visiting claims that Rashad Khalifa was a Messenger of God and that two verses of the Qur'an [verses 128 and 129 of Chapter 9 -Surat at-Tawbah- were false verses.

Any one of those two blasphemous beliefs alone are sufficient to put the people who believe in them out of the fold of Islam [i.e., they are not Muslims].

Please click on the following link to read what I posted about this subject:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21049&postcount=5

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum, there are some good replies here.

Unfortunately, there are some people with the backing of the enemies of Islam who advocate rejecting HAdith. There is absolutely no basis for this. They simply are playing on their own ignorance and ignorance of other people about the Science of Hadith.

A Muslim must follow the Quran and the Sunnah. It is through the Hadith that we learn how to pray, how to do the Friday prayer, how to sight the moon for Ramadan etc. - A person who rejects hadith is not a Muslim. - Those websites or groups that say we should not follow hadith are not Muslims.

Also, there is absolutely no contradiction between the Quran and the Hadith, these both go together.

wasalam.

Noor to shine

Some people don`t like to see muslems pray:salah: , fast , give zakat or do hajj, They don`t like to see a muslem practise islam as the prophet saw did that is why the deny hadiths. They want Islam with no connection with Allah swt ..Islam with no worship, but they can`t stop what Allah swt planned. The prophet saw was the living example of Islam.

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbaraktuh,

You are right dear brothers and sisters, Quran refers to sunna and sunna refers to Quran.

Thank you all

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

As Imam Barabaharee said, "the Sunnah is Islam and Islam is the Sunnah therefore one cannot be established without the other." - Sharh us Sunnah