Do you care?!

palestine

Servant of Allah
If you truly believe in all that Allah says swt, then please do not neglect your brothers and sisters in Islam wherever they may be. We are supposed to be a strong ummah...but while we eat and drink and embrace in all that is forbidden, here are our brothers and sisters who starve to death. and they're not the only ones who suffer, but also many other muslims whether by gun machines or tanks such as that of Palestine, afghanistan, pakistan, iraq, somalia, and many other muslim lands. so where are the TRUE MUSLIMS brothers and sisters, WHERE ARE THEY?[yt]kpWF4pqyDWs&feature=related[/yt]

AlQurtubi

Banned
Indeed , we should remember them in all of our joys. Also, we should be thankfull to ALLAH what he has blessed us with and pray for our fellows who are in trouble.

Lets get our acts together

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Sister Palestine,

You always have a lot of good videos to show us. MasyaAllah I learn a lot from them. May Allah reward you for that!

Wasalaam :)

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: very good reminder to all of us. please, let those of us who can, and you know if you have the means or not, help out our brothers and sisters in less fortunate situations. sponsor an orphan, pay for a child's education... the organizations are in place! muslim hands.... kinder usa..... islamic relief..... when you give a little, the rewards from ALLAH are so many!!!

Jazak Allahu Khair, Sister Palestine :)

:wasalam:

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
well yup i do recommend islamic relief as an NGO you should pay tooo
well me being in audit/accounting thing, my best friend conducted its audit and gave thumbs up we were very keen to find any fault because we needed to find a better NGO to give funds and it stood out as expected ,most of the NGO waste money on Adminstrative expenses but islamic relief is the one we gave thumbs up for works in Pakistan and quake relief related activities ,
what you should try is ,and is cheap any one can afford it , sponsor a child please ,
May Allah protect All

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Sobhanallah...

Truly...the nafs is the enemy of man...when it has its satisfying fill...it will blind him from the miseries around him...

I get upset if I don't get my favorite condiments with a food dish...while these people would be grateful for a plate of *boiled rice with a glass of water*...

Sobhanallah...

This selfish..greedy..nafs...along with this dunya...are a minute-by-minute jihad!..there is no doubt about that!

Baraka Allaho Feeki for the reminder which I am sure many of us need

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

I found a hadith with regards to this..

"Whoever removes a worldly grief from a believer, Allah will remove from him one of the griefs of the Day of Judgement. Whoever alleviates [the lot of] a needy person, Allah will alleviate [his lot] in this world and the next. Whoever shields a Muslim, Allah will shield him in this world and the next. Allah will aid a servant [of His] so long as the servant aids his brother. Whoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for im a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, without tranquility descending upon them, mercy enveloping them, the angels surrounding them, and Allah making mention of them amongst those who are with Him. Whoever is slowed down by his actions will not be hastened forward by his lineage"

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
alhamduleALLAH, for everything
when you are poor, neglected, live a hard and misrable life, you then and only then you would feel other pepole who are in need, hungery.
we all need to remind ourselves of others pain and griefs, to make them at least that there are pepole out their who cares for them,,, thanks

palestine

Servant of Allah
:salam2: very good reminder to all of us. please, let those of us who can, and you know if you have the means or not, help out our brothers and sisters in less fortunate situations. sponsor an orphan, pay for a child's education... the organizations are in place! muslim hands.... kinder usa..... islamic relief..... when you give a little, the rewards from ALLAH are so many!!!

Jazak Allahu Khair, Sister Palestine :)

Asalamu alaykum wrwb ukhti and jazakaAllahu khayran. since this thread is related to the poor, i want to add tips on how we can help them. Wallahi, and i mean it...we CAN help them, and we can DO SOMETHING FOR THEM, but we convince ourselves that we cannot help them at all. I see many sisters and brothers in school buying cookies and coffee every single morning, and when i tell them about the poor, they respond jokingly "we are in need to". and do they fear that maybe someday their words will turn into reality and that they might become what they ascribe themselves to. subhanAllah! anyhow, a cookie or a cup of coffe might cost from 50 cents to a $1 or $2, and it may not do you that good, but 10 cents, yes i said 10 CENTS can get a poor person their lunch or their breakfast. i've started collecting donations from my class mates (the muslim ones) and i try to make them feel the pain of the suffering so that they may help out. and alhamdulillah that works. but i've given up lately and i need to get back on track. to get back to my point, here are some tips which may not be that good but still might work..
1. if you work, when you get your paycheck leave just 30$ in a box on your shelf and make sure no one takes it. If you put 30$ every month in a box for 12 months that would equal $360 a year. if you can't afford to put 30$, then try 5$ or however much you're able to afford. if you do this everymonth imagine how much it would help the poor.
2. if you have clothings which you no longer use but are still in good condition then PLEASE do not throw it away, wash them, iron them, and place in a clothing container. there ARE organizations that do collect this.
3. If you're really just wanting to spend the money, remember there are always good places to spend it on, especially the suffering people around the world. OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
those are my suggestions, you're welcome to add anymore that you may have.

noose

Jazak Allah Kheir...this was seriously an amazing reminder. And it gave me and idea that will help me inshAllah and I'm sure alot of you already thought of this but for those who have not I decided to put Islamic Relief as my home page so everytime I open my internet explorer I will remember.
Jazaki Allahu Kheir.
May Allah give us Jannat Al Fardous without judging us.

palestine

Servant of Allah
JazakaAllahu khayran noose. May Allah reward you for your good efforts inshaAllah. ameen. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

cmelbouzaidi

Asalamu alaykum wrwb ukhti and jazakaAllahu khayran. since this thread is related to the poor, i want to add tips on how we can help them. Wallahi, and i mean it...we CAN help them, and we can DO SOMETHING FOR THEM, but we convince ourselves that we cannot help them at all. I see many sisters and brothers in school buying cookies and coffee every single morning, and when i tell them about the poor, they respond jokingly "we are in need to". and do they fear that maybe someday their words will turn into reality and that they might become what they ascribe themselves to. subhanAllah! anyhow, a cookie or a cup of coffe might cost from 50 cents to a $1 or $2, and it may not do you that good, but 10 cents, yes i said 10 CENTS can get a poor person their lunch or their breakfast. i've started collecting donations from my class mates (the muslim ones) and i try to make them feel the pain of the suffering so that they may help out. and alhamdulillah that works. but i've given up lately and i need to get back on track. to get back to my point, here are some tips which may not be that good but still might work..
1. if you work, when you get your paycheck leave just 30$ in a box on your shelf and make sure no one takes it. If you put 30$ every month in a box for 12 months that would equal $360 a year. if you can't afford to put 30$, then try 5$ or however much you're able to afford. if you do this everymonth imagine how much it would help the poor.
2. if you have clothings which you no longer use but are still in good condition then PLEASE do not throw it away, wash them, iron them, and place in a clothing container. there ARE organizations that do collect this.
3. If you're really just wanting to spend the money, remember there are always good places to spend it on, especially the suffering people around the world. OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
those are my suggestions, you're welcome to add anymore that you may have.

:salam2: keep up the very good deeds, my young lovely sister palestine :) for those with an income, you can sponsor an orphan in a Muslim country for about GBP Sterling 30 thru Muslim Hands :) 30 pounds is probably what you might spend in a week for lunch! Just imagine that you would not miss this 30pounds at all and yet it would be a life changing help for an orphan in need:)
Islamic Relief constantly helps also our brothers and sisters in the most terrible situations around the world and as brother Meer mentioned earlier, the organization has a very good reputation without too much overhead on admin expenses. If you live in the US, Kinder USA, is another good one and I think you can sponsor an orphan thru them, also :)

Please brothers and sisters, if you have the means, don't just talk about it, do it :)

If the above is not an option, feed a needy person in your community, look after an elderly person who is left alone in this dunya. Arrange a garage sale with your friends with the money going to charity :) Write to your congress men and politicians in the UK and USA and tell them to stop spending money on war and bloodshed and help the poorest of the poor around the globe...

It is our duty as Muslims... do what you can for the sake of ALLAH, subhanahu wa ta'ala.