Do you know about gelatin?

aishah_2304m

peace lover
A pork ingredient which is not halal, read the labels on everything I have been advised just wondered if everyone else knew?

Avoid: gelatin

Gelatin is a protein produced by partial hydrolysis of collagen extracted from the bones, connective tissues, organs, and some intestines of animals such as the domesticated cattle, and horses.(source : wikipedia)
I guess the main animal used in the gelatin containing food products is pig.Eating pork is haraam so dats y its better to avoid gelatin.
Allah knowz best.

cmelbouzaidi

Jazak Allahu Khair for this reminder.... and you will be surprised what gelatin turns up in (some yoghurts, lots of candies/sweets, etc.)...... Over here, sometimes it is Kosher gelatin but I don't know about in Europe, probably more than often pork derived....

abdellah007

salam alaykum

world_production.gif

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
whenever i buy snack i look for K or U symbols because they are the kosher foods ( which are non-gelatin)

bilalswife1983

Jazak Allahu Khair for this reminder.... and you will be surprised what gelatin turns up in (some yoghurts, lots of candies/sweets, etc.)...... Over here, sometimes it is Kosher gelatin but I don't know about in Europe, probably more than often pork derived....

Jazaki allah for mentioning yogurt! I hadn't thought about it and just checked the yogurt I had in the fridge (it's now in the trash!).