do you know?

Abdirahman!

I know muslim men are allowed to marry the jewish and the christians, but why are muslim women not allowed to marry jewish and christians.

zbhotto

Banned
Good Question

When a nonmuslim GIRL come to the house of her muslim HUSBAND's family, She should not have any problem to pracise her religion (Judaism or Chistanity). THis is because we muslims honor and respect Prophet MOSE and JESUS (PBU them).

But when a muslim GIRL went to her nonmuslim HUSBAND family, obviously JEWS and CHRISTIAN do their best to insult Propher MUHAMMAD and ALLAH (KORAN, HADITH). Therefore, it would be very difficult for a muslim girl to adjust with a JEW or CHRISTIAN husband.

This is why Prophet MUHAMMAD (PBUH) has forbidden muslim girl to marry the people of the book. But MUSLIM man can marry JEWS and CHRISTIAN GIRL.

You can see DR. ZAKIR NAIK's lecture for more details.

Allah knows best.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

1. because Allah Has said so. He has given us principles, which are for our benefit only.

2. normally, men have a say over decisions in family. if man is muslim, he can tell his wife that their children will live according to Islam. but thats not so if man is non-muslim. a muslim wife is weak to argue with non-muslim man that their children will follow islam.

hope that helps.

and from Allah is all success.

Nurain

I speak this without knowledge, but I think the man is the leader of the house, and he has to dawah to his new christian/jew wife to Islam.

Almeftah

Muslim Man and Non-Muslim Woman
In general, Muslim men are not permitted to marry non-Muslim women. "Do not marry unbelieving women until they believe. A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you.... Unbelievers beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the garden of bliss and forgiveness. And He makes His signs clear to mankind, that they may receive admonition" (Qur'an 2:221).
An exception is made for Muslim men to marry chaste or pious Jewish and Christian women, who are referred to as "People of the Book." This comes from the understanding that Jews and Christians share similar religious outlooks - a belief in One God, following the commandments of Allah, a belief in revealed scripture (Books), etc. "This day are all things good and pure made lawful to you.... Lawful to you in marriage are not only chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time, when you give them their due dowers, and desire chastity not lewdness. If any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost" (Qur'an 5:5).

The children of such a union are always to be raised in the faith of Islam. This should be discussed thoroughly by the couple before they decide to marry.

Muslim Woman and Non-Muslim Man
Under no conditions is a Muslim woman permitted to marry anyone but a Muslim man. The same verse cited above (2:221) mentions, "Nor marry your girls to unbelievers until they believe. A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever...." No exception is given for women to marry Jews and Christians, so the law stands that she may only marry a believing (Muslim) man. As head of the household, the husband provides leadership for the family. A Muslim woman does not follow the leadership of someone who does not share her faith and values.

fada_all

salam alikom

i agree with all , but i add that
ingeneral women should always follow what their husband's ask to do ,and that includs his religion of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
It's as simple as this...

When a Muslim woman marries...her husband becomes her *Wali*..Wali means..caregiver..protector..guardian..etc.

Non-Muslims..whether they are people of the book (i.e. Christians, Jews) or not..CANNOT..and I repeat CANNOT be *Walis* (caregivers, protectors, guardians, etc.) OVER Muslims...BOTH MALE *AND* FEMALE *altogether*..

So you can see where a Muslim woman..marrying a Christian man..can create a conflict in this aspect...in addition to its CLEAR VERDICT of its FORBIDDANCE in the Qura'an..in the *first place*

Also you may need to make yourself aware of the fact that though a Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian or Jewish woman...there are *stipulations* and *recommendations* which a man needs to *sincerely* consider before making that move..and Allah (swt) recommends that a Muslim man marries a Muslim woman because it is *better* for him..and surely any sound man would not reject a *divine recommendation* only to satisfy a *sentiment* or a *desire*

and Allah Knows best

:wasalam: