do you no istikharah dua?

salaams everybody i was just wondering do you no of istikharah dua? i have been at work subhannalah for two weeks now and there are so many muslims there and out of all the born muslims i have spoke to no one knows of this so i just felt it is my duty to tell muslims about this although marshallah they are many strong people on this website who already no this but for all the people who dn't. The istikharah dua started at the prophet (saw) time and is very important in our deen the sahabas even used to do this dua when they were picking a shoe lace to see is this was good for there deen ,there livelihood and the concequences of there affairs in this world and in the hereafter.

istikharah ... allumma inni astakheeruka bi 'ilmika wa astaqdiruka wa asaluka min fadhlika 'azeem fa'innaka taqdiru wala aqdiru wa t' alamu walaa 'aalamu wa anta 'allaamul ghuyoob allaahumma in kunta t'alamu anna haazal amra khayrun li fee deeni wa ma 'aashi wa 'aaqibati amri faqdirhuli wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li feehi wa in kunta Tt'alamu anna haazal amra sharrul li fi deeni wa ma 'aashi wa 'aaqibati amri fasrifhu 'anni wasrifni 'anhu waqdirliyal khayra haythu kaana thummar dhinee bihi ameen

meaning in english for this dua is .... o allah i ask you the good through your knolwledge and i ask you to grant me the ability through you power and beg your favor out of your infinite bounty. for surely, you have the power and i have none. you know all and i know not. you are the knower of all that is hidden. o allah, if in your knowledge, this matter be good for my faith, my livelihood and the consequences of my affairs in the world and the hereafter then ordain it for me and make it easy for me and bless me thereien. but if in your knowledge, this matter be bad for my faith, my livelihood and the concequences of my affairs in the world or the hereafter then turn it away from me and turn me away therefrom and ordain for me the goodwhever it be and cause me to be pleased therewith ameen.

you pray two nafil istikaharah thereafter doing this dua in whatever language possible.
note. when reaching the word haazal amr one should make niyyat or say of one need for which one is doing istikharah there is also hadeeth when the prophet may peace and blessing be with him used to teach quaran to the children he would make sure he would teach this simple dua as it is of an importance to our faith people dnt do this dua for such small things like the people used to at the prophet muhammad may peace and blessings be with him time we tend to do this dua when sending our children to school asking allah to help with whatever is best for them or buying a car buying a house but you can do istikharah for the most small things such as buying a new hijab or buying a new juba the more you ask allah the more he will guide you inshallah
people say that you have a dream or you feel it in your heart allah will inshallah give some sort of sine inshallah.
from my own experience i did this dua and ask allah who is best for me to marry and allah showed me clearly in a dream. when i was going for a job which took me two months to find and alhamdilllah im in a good job where i can wear my jubba my scarf and they have praying facilities shukar alhamdillilah but allah just test us on our patience may allah bless you all in your lives in this dunya and the hereafter may he allow us all to live with iman and die with iman jasakallah khair:tti_sister:

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

Just incase anyone else is....I am still reading the dua for salatul istikhara from a book when i need it - 6 years down the line.

Dont have go, i know its better for me to learn it, but its better to make salatul istikhara then not isnt it, so the book will do for now!!

:wasalam:

whitecat

:mashallah:
Thanks for sharing sister
i am already trying to learn this dua. May Allah give u ajar for ur effort.
:wasalam:

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
Sallam

Asalamualaykum mashallah nice thread i enjoyd readin this jazakallah May Allah swt multiply ur rewardz & make u successful inshallah Ameen take care Wsallam

Sanaa01

Muslima
Very nice Jazak Allah khair for this thread
I have a question regarding salat al istikhara when do you say dua’a al istikhara is it when you are in first soujood or second or you can say it after tashahod
I usually say it in soujood but I am not sure if it's the right way
Thank you for taking time to answer my question

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
JazakAllah khair for providing this for all the brothers and sisters in TTI. May Allah (swt) make this as a deed which will make you to enter Paradise. Ameen.

I have a question regarding salat al istikhara when do you say dua’a al istikhara is it when you are in first soujood or second or you can say it after tashahod

Sister you can make du'a al-istikhara after Tashahhud. And one thing I would like to mention here is that if you could not make a clear decision after doing this prayer once, you can repeat it until you can make a clear decision. 'Ulama said this is also correct. Wallahi 'Aulam.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

Prosperous

asthagfirullah

sister as far i read from islamic books and fatwa.it says istikhara dua can be read either in the end ofprayer,that is after tashhud and giving salaam.or after ending 2 rak'atthen make the dua.
as for the istikhara doing two times,,most says its better to do isthikhara and take decision rather then making it 2 or 3 times.but there is no harm in doing it again if u r not sure of decision.