Does Allah have eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

follower

yes he does but not like our eyes and we can't know how his eyes look like because we dont have the knowledge about that . so we simply believe that allah has eyes not like ours because there is nothing like allah thats it so simple : )

"قال تعالى"ولتصنع على عيني" وقوله تعالى: "فإنك بأعيننا" وقوله تعالى: "واصنع الفلك بأعيننا

follower

evidence that allah has eyes surat Taha , 39] "Throw (the child) into the chest, and throw (the chest) into the river: the river will cast him up on the bank, and he will be taken up by one who is an enemy to Me and an enemy to him'; but I cast (the garment of) love over thee from Me: and (this) in order that thou mayest be reared under Mine eye."

evidence that there is nothing like allah , surat AlShurah (Counsel, Consultation) , [11] (He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).

Mohamed's wife

Muslim for life
yes he does but not like our eyes and we can't know how his eyes look like because we dont have the knowledge about that . so we simply believe that allah has eyes not like ours because there is nothing like allah thats it so simple : )

"قال تعالى"ولتصنع على عيني" وقوله تعالى: "فإنك بأعيننا" وقوله تعالى: "واصنع الفلك بأعيننا

:salam2: I agree :hijabi: :wasalam: ohhh... one more thing... how do i paste a pic? I found something cool:hijabi: Thank you :wasalam:

follower

other evidences :

[48] Now await in patience the Command of they Lord: for verily thou art in Our eyes: and celebrate the praises of they Lord the while thou standest forth, ( The Mount )

[37] "But construct an Ark under Our eyes and Our inspiration, and address Me no (further) on behalf of those who are in sin: for they are about to be overwhelmed (in the Flood)." ( Hud )

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Creed of Hamawiyyah - Chapter 16 : Affirming Two Eyes (Aynain) for Allaah
Author: Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah
Source: Aqidat ul-Hamawiyyah

==========================

16.1 ALLAAH HAS TWO EYES THAT BEFIT HIM.

- Ahl-us- Sunnah has agreed upon this - He Sees by them - them being real, not resembling the eyes of the creation.
- They are Attributes that pertain to His Self.

16.1.1 QUR'AAN (54):14

16.1.2 HADEETH:

Muslim Vol. 4, H7006: ""AND your Lord is not one-eyed"; and hadeeth quoted in 14.2.3

16.2 IT DOES NOT MEAN "KNOWLEDGE" OR "THE ABILITY TO SEE"

i.e. al 'Ilm or ar-Ru'yah, for several reasons.

16.2.1 IT DIFFERS FROM WHAT IS APPARENT FROM THE TEXTS.

- And there's no proof for these figurative meanings.

16.2.2 THE EYES ARE DESCRIBED SUCH THAT THEY CAN ONLY BE EYES.

- Refer to hadeeth quoted in 16.1.2

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum, we confirm and believe in all the attributes that Allah mentions he has in the Quran and that the Prophet :saw: has mentioned in authentic narrations.

So Allah has eyes, he has a face, he is above his throne. These are all mentioned in the Quran,- We do not ask how or why. We can not say that Allah is like his creation. His attributes only befit his majesty.

Those who make other explantion to Allah's attributes by doing ta'weel and tarteel on these, are innovators.

Wasalam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a question

Does Allah have eyes? yes/no

:salam2:

Dear brother, even after the brothers in here provided u with some basic answers to your question (may Allah swt reward them), I would suggest you not to go too deep into your imagination (that's only if you did so:)) about the Creator for as He (swt) has tougt us that: Eyesight cannot perceive Him but He perceives eyesight. He is the All-Penetrating, the All-Aware. (6:103) also 112:4. And there is none like unto Him. Rather the scholars advise us to think and reflect about His creation instead, as primarily Allah (swt) teaches us so: 67:3. He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of ((Allah)) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?
As our mind is not created with that possibility simply of percieving Allah in this world (as for the Day of Judgment which is reported from the authentic hadeeths that's a different thing, what the Ahlus-Sunnah wa Jam'a 'ulama agree upon), and in worst cases we can slip from the way as many people did by trying to go in too deep. :redface:

And Allah (swt) knows best.

May Allah (swt) guide us to the straight path and save us from going astray.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Does Allah-Glorified is He Most High-have or not have eyes?

Answer: All the praise is for Allah, may the peace & blessings be upon the messenger of Allah, as for what follows: Allah, Mighty & Majestic said to His prophet Nuh-peace be upon him:

“Build the ark under Our Eyes and under Our Revelation.” Soorah al-Mu’minoon: 27

And He said:

“It (the ark of Nuh) sailed under Our Eyes.” Soorah al-Qamar: 14

And addressing Musaa-peace be upon him-He said:

“And I endued you with love from Me, in order that you may be brought up under My Eye.” Soorah TaHa: 39

And He said to His prophet, Muhammad-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-:

“Be patient with the ruling of your Lord, verily you are under Our Eyes.” Soorah at-Toor: 47

Imaam Aboo Daawud-may Allah have mercy upon him-said in his chapter regarding the Sunnah found in his Sunan (6452) Its chain of transmission being conveyed by Saleem bin Jubair who said: I heard Aboo Hurayrah reciting this verse: “Allah has ordered you all to render back the trusts to those to whom they are due...” to the end of the verse “All-Hearer All-Seer.” Soorah an-Nisaa: 58

He then said: I saw the messenger of Allah-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-place his thumb to his ear then he pointed to his eye. Aboo Hurayrah said: I saw the messenger of Allah-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-recite this verse and then gestured with his two fingers. Muhammad bin Yunoos said: The reader of the narration-‘Abdullah bin Yazeed-means that Allah is All-Hearing and All-Seeing which indicates that Allah hears and sees. Aboo Daawud said: This is a refutation upon the Jahmeeyah. Al-Haafith said in al-Fath al-Baree (13/373): its chain of transmission is strengthened based upon the criteria of Imaam Muslim. Al-Bayhaqee said in al-Asmaau was-Sifaat: I (al-Bayhaqee) say: What is intended by this visual gesture in this particular narration is an affirmation of the attributes of Allah’s-Mighty & Majestic-hearing and seeing. So he-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-pointed to these two locations (of hearing and seeing) for us so that the attribute of hearing and sight to Allah-Most High could be established.

And Imaam al-Bukhaaree said (90/2): We were informed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin ‘Abdillah who said: We were informed by Ibraaheem from Saalih from Ibn Shihab from Saalih bin ‘Abdillah that Ibn ‘Umar-may Allah be pleased with them both-said: The messenger of Allah-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-stood up amongst the people and praised and glorified Allah as He deserved then he mentioned the Dajjal (the Anti-Christ) saying:

“Verily I warn all of you from him, there was not a prophet who was sent except that he warned his people from him, but I bring something to you about him that was not mentioned by the other prophets to their people: He is o*ne-eyed while Allah is not o*ne-eyed.”

And he (Imaam al-Bukhaaree)-may Allah have mercy upon him-said: “We were informed by Sulaymaan bin Harb who said: We were informed by Shu’bah from Qatadah from Anas who said: The Prophet-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-said:

“There was not a prophet sent except that he warned his people of the o*ne-eyed liar and he is o*ne-eyed, between his two eyes is the word Kaafir (a word meaning o*ne who disbelieves in Islaam and in the prophet-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him.).”

And in the Saheeh of Imaam Muslim from the narration of Aboo Hurayrah-may Allah be pleased with him-that he-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-said:

“Allah does not look towards your bodies or your forms rather He looks towards your hearts and actions.”

And these evidences establish that Allah has sight and that He sees, we believe in it without tahreef (to change a text in word or meaning), nor ta’teel (to deny the names and attributes of Allah), tashbeeh (to make something similar to Allah) or tamtheel (the belief that something is equal to Allah).

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

:wasalam: akhi...

Allah does not resemble His creation in anyway!

Allah states in the Qur’an that He has certain attributes such as hearing, sight, hands, face, mercy, anger, coming, encompassing, being above the Throne, etc. Yet, He has disassociated Himself from the limitations of human attributes or human imagination. Correct Islamic belief requires faith in the existence of these attributes as Allah has described them without applying to them any allegorical meanings or attempting to explain how a certain quality could be (while this is known only to Allah) and without comparing them to creation or denying that He (subhanahu wa ta’aala) would have such a quality. His attributes are befitting to Him alone and “There is nothing like unto Him.” (42:11)

Also Allah reminds us in the Qu'ran:
So if they argue with you, say, “I have submitted myself to Allah [in Islam], and [so have] those who follow me.” And say to those who were given the scripture and [to] the unlearned, “Have you submitted yourselves?” and if they submit [in Islam], they are rightly guided; but if they turn away-then upon you is only the [duty of] notification. And Allah is Seeing of [His] servants. Surah-Ali Imran Verse 20 (3:20)

Subhan'Allah....La hawla wa la quwatta illah billah (and all Power and Might belong to Allah)

May Allah increase us all in knowledge Ameen Ya Rabb!

Ma'Salama
your sister in Islam...

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

I also encourage you brother to read the Qur'an itself, where from you get a lot of answers as to what Allah (swt) says about Himself and His creation, as it is sent down for us right? This advice goes also to myself too, as well as to the brothers & sisters in here.
Not just the Qur'an but the hadeeth is also very important as with the hadeeth there's a lot of things that everyone of us needs to know for it is our duty to know & share it to others, especially our muslim youth.

O Allah, increase our knowledge, which You are pleased with, and help us to benefit from it, as You are the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Salam Alaykum,

we should know that,

..there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things). (42:11)

The Prophet:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Think about the signs of Allaah, do not think about Allaah.” (Reported by al-Bayhaqi in al-Shu’ab, 1/136 and by al-Laalakaa’i in al-Sunnah, 3/525. See al-Saheehah, 4/395).

It is not permissible for the Muslim to think about the essence of Allaah, or to try to imagine His might, for the human mind is incapable ot comprehending the real essence and attributes of the Lord, and how they are. As Imaam Maalik said, when he was asked about how Allaah rose over the Throne: “We know that He rose over it, but we do not know how. Believing in it is obligatory and asking about it is bid’ah.”

---------------
<wasalam>

ur bother in islam,

Sister N

Allah does NOT have eyes.

Assalaamu alaikum.

Allah does not have eyes. He sees everything and is aware of everything, but this does not mean he has eyes.
Only created beings have eyes and Allah is not similar to the creation in any of his attributes. His are the attributes of perfection.
Allah sees, and we see, but the only thing similar is the NAME! Again, this does not mean Allah has eyes.
Don't forget, we see because of the will of Allah for us to see, and he gave us eyes to see with, etc. But Allah sees because of himself, and not because someone or something willed for him to see. He is the creator of eyes, ears, limbs, time, places, spaces, etc, etc,and he IS NOT SIMILAR TO THE CREATION!!! Therefore, this cannot be attributed with him.

May Allah guide us and increase us in imaan, insha allah.

ibnAbdullah87

:ma: I just posted the question just to get an idea of everyones ageeda and if someone was to sayt no they could then be corrected. Alhamdulillah the brothers and sisters were so quick to answer.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

:astag:

Brother, a kind advice: even when trying to see how people react towards a specific question that you yourself might already know, by asking such questions with all due to respect, it might have a very negative and confusing efect the question itself to my humble understanding towards those that are less knowledgable than u!

with respect.. your brother in Islam.

ibnAbdullah87

Jazzak Allah brother for the advice but it is upon ever muslim and muslimah to know their lord with proofs and evidenceses. You are right the title could confuse people but Alhamdulillah know when they read it the confusen will inshallah go away and they will inshallah be more knowledgale.

ibnAbdullah87

Sister N it is not upon us to come to conclusions using are intellect about our Lord. If are intellects were sufficent we would have no need for Allah sending us messengers. But we can't come to know on our own. So it is upon us to follow the proof. Here is a fatwa that deals with this inshallah.

Question:
Does Allah-Glorified is He Most High-have or not have eyes?

Answer: All the praise is for Allah, may the peace & blessings be upon the messenger of Allah, as for what follows: Allah, Mighty & Majestic said to His prophet Nuh-peace be upon him:

“Build the ark under Our Eyes and under Our Revelation.” Soorah al-Mu’minoon: 27

And He said:

“It (the ark of Nuh) sailed under Our Eyes.” Soorah al-Qamar: 14

And addressing Musaa-peace be upon him-He said:

“And I endued you with love from Me, in order that you may be brought up under My Eye.” Soorah TaHa: 39

And He said to His prophet, Muhammad-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-:

“Be patient with the ruling of your Lord, verily you are under Our Eyes.” Soorah at-Toor: 47

Imaam Aboo Daawud-may Allah have mercy upon him-said in his chapter regarding the Sunnah found in his Sunan (6452) Its chain of transmission being conveyed by Saleem bin Jubair who said: I heard Aboo Hurayrah reciting this verse: “Allah has ordered you all to render back the trusts to those to whom they are due...” to the end of the verse “All-Hearer All-Seer.” Soorah an-Nisaa: 58

He then said: I saw the messenger of Allah-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-place his thumb to his ear then he pointed to his eye. Aboo Hurayrah said: I saw the messenger of Allah-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-recite this verse and then gestured with his two fingers. Muhammad bin Yunoos said: The reader of the narration-‘Abdullah bin Yazeed-means that Allah is All-Hearing and All-Seeing which indicates that Allah hears and sees. Aboo Daawud said: This is a refutation upon the Jahmeeyah. Al-Haafith said in al-Fath al-Baree (13/373): its chain of transmission is strengthened based upon the criteria of Imaam Muslim. Al-Bayhaqee said in al-Asmaau was-Sifaat: I (al-Bayhaqee) say: What is intended by this visual gesture in this particular narration is an affirmation of the attributes of Allah’s-Mighty & Majestic-hearing and seeing. So he-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-pointed to these two locations (of hearing and seeing) for us so that the attribute of hearing and sight to Allah-Most High could be established.

And Imaam al-Bukhaaree said (90/2): We were informed by ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin ‘Abdillah who said: We were informed by Ibraaheem from Saalih from Ibn Shihab from Saalih bin ‘Abdillah that Ibn ‘Umar-may Allah be pleased with them both-said: The messenger of Allah-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-stood up amongst the people and praised and glorified Allah as He deserved then he mentioned the Dajjal (the Anti-Christ) saying:

“Verily I warn all of you from him, there was not a prophet who was sent except that he warned his people from him, but I bring something to you about him that was not mentioned by the other prophets to their people: He is o*ne-eyed while Allah is not o*ne-eyed.”

And he (Imaam al-Bukhaaree)-may Allah have mercy upon him-said: “We were informed by Sulaymaan bin Harb who said: We were informed by Shu’bah from Qatadah from Anas who said: The Prophet-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-said:

“There was not a prophet sent except that he warned his people of the o*ne-eyed liar and he is o*ne-eyed, between his two eyes is the word Kaafir (a word meaning o*ne who disbelieves in Islaam and in the prophet-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him.).”

And in the Saheeh of Imaam Muslim from the narration of Aboo Hurayrah-may Allah be pleased with him-that he-may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-said:

“Allah does not look towards your bodies or your forms rather He looks towards your hearts and actions.”

And these evidences establish that Allah has sight and that He sees, we believe in it without tahreef (to change a text in word or meaning), nor ta’teel (to deny the names and attributes of Allah), tashbeeh (to make something similar to Allah) or tamtheel (the belief that something is equal to Allah).

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Salam alaykum,

Bother / ibnAbdullah87
really in the next time , we don't wanna as these Question here,

if u know the reply. i think if u put it as Article that's was better,

but ask Question ,u have it's reply that's not good,

<wasalam>

ur brother in islam,

ibnAbdullah87

Yeah I guess putting it as a question might not be the best why but it does get peoples attaintion but it could also be harmful.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brother I'm sure you didn't mean it bad, only in things like: the tawheed, or questions concerning Allah (swt) we have to be careful as to how we adress ourselves on the net. for ex.
Anyway, it is a fact that people should get to know about such things, although we (I mean the youth) are easily to be put on trial by trying to answer these questions that way and might make some serious mistakes (such as kufr) without knowing it maybe.
And brother forgive me if I've said anything to make you feel bad, I never meant to do so, I only meant to advise you as we all need advise. for we all make mistakes, we are born so right?

May Allah (swt) protect us from making any kind of kufr knowingly or unknowingly.

:jazaak: ...your brother in Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.