Does Allah Hear the Prayers of a Non-Muslim?

Argus

May Allah guide you to Islam

Though I have no references from the Qur'an to back my statements up, my personal advice is to practice praying even before you take the Shadadah. I know for me, one of the things that attracted me to Islam was the Salah, because Muslims pray in a manner that shows complete submission and reverence to our creator (Muslims with head down on the ground, worshipping Allah; instead of christianity which has kneeling with hands clasped, begging).

Though considering you are also already trying out wearing a Niqab (Alhamdulillah) to wear to feel how it is once you convert, then it seems to me that you are putting so much effort into it, that you expect the inevitable and you will become Muslimah soon. I suggest that unless you still don't feel ready about it, that you recite the Shadadah immediately and take a bath (for ritual purification) and soon go to a Masjid to find at least two witnesses to make your reversion back to Islam offical.

May Allah guide us all to the straight path.

I'm still confused about the prayer thing, due to the conflicting advise I'm getting... but, nonetheless, I've purchased a 3 piece Khimar/Niqab set to wear around the house to get the feel for everything. I know it seems sort of odd to wear it in the privacy of my own home with no one around whatsoever, but I suppose that's just me. :hijabi: I'm just excited to get it in the mail soon!

~ Joslyn ~

:arabi1:

Karima

Asalamualikum,

one of the things that attracted me to Islam was the Salah, because Muslims pray in a manner that shows complete submission and reverence to our creator (Muslims with head down on the ground, worshipping Allah; instead of christianity which has kneeling with hands clasped, begging).

This is a nice comparison of the 'ways' the different forms of prayer are...and how we approach God/Allah with our prayer intentions.

To be able to even communicate with the Almighty Creator of the Heavens and the Earth is an honor that we do not even deserve to do. What a powerful way this is for us that we can be in total submission to God/Allah!...through prayer and through our actions of obedience.

Alhamdulillah that Allah allows us to pray unto him...Alhamdulillah!

acedoc

Allah is all hearing (As Sami') and all seeing (Al Baseer)

If you mean does Allah listen to non-muslims. The answer is a definite yes. Does He not feed them, and clothe them and provide them with all that is considered good and valuable by people(in this world).

Prophet Mohammad (sws-may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him) said if in the eyes of Allah the whole universe and what is in it was worth the weight of a mosquito He (SWT- The Most Magnificient) would not give a sip of water to any non-beliver (in this world).

Of course this hadith implies that we see in this world that non-believers are more prosperous and "happy".

It also implies that in the NEXT WORLD (the eternal life) Allah will not only give them any blessings but would not even look at them or listen from them (any requests or complains etc.)

Word "Prayers" in English can translate to two concepts in Arabic.

1. Innvocations/supplications: Of course Allah listens to all believers and non-believer's supplication, innvocations, requests and all they ask of Him . He is the most Knowing, Seeing, Hearing and Compassionate. See the logic above.

2. Prayer also refers to Salat (five Obligatory prayers mandated upon every adult muslim). A non-muslim can not perform paryers without first witnessing Shahdah(testifying in Oneness of Allah and mohammad being His true and last messenger). The evidence for this fact is found from hadith(authentic saying of our beloved prophet (sws)) where he(the prophet) instructed the muslims (comapnions) leaving for dawah(teaching of Islam) to foreign landsand peoples. He(the prophet) comanded them to call those people towards the belief in One God (Allah) and if they accept the first step with sincerity then to call them towards Salat (daily obligatory prayers). As a matter of fact most of the companions of the prophet and major scholars firmly believe that a muslim who denies/rejects 5 daily prayers is cast out of the circle of Islam.

I hope this answers your question. May Allah guide us all towards what is the ultimate Truth. Ameen

acedoc

Best of Islam

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 10:
Narrated Abu Musa:

Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands."