** does Allah reward me if i read the Quran in English? **

maria_

muslims RocK
?? does Allah reward me if i read the Quran in English ??

:salam2:
i have a question :)

if i read the whole quran in English do i get any thawab/ajr/good deeds :ma:

:tti_sister:jazakom Allah khairan:hearts:

looking forward for the answers :)
:salam2:

AlwaysStriving

:salam2: Sister

As far as I know, You will definitely get the ajr and benefits of gaining a deeper understanding from reading The Qur'aan in English or any other language (if you cannot read in Arabic) but it is mandatory to be able read the Arabic script in order to receive the full thawab (as far as my limited knowledge goes) and Allah knows best. I hope someone else is able to provide you with a more detailed answer inshaAllah. I myself am only able to read the Arabic and understand only some of it, in the processing of learning Alhamdulillah. Best of luck to you!

:salam2: :hijabi:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
#################################
#########################
##################
##############
##########
######
###
#​

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Question:

Asalamu-Alaikum,
This is in regards to Question 2237 'Reading Soorat Yaa-Seen in congregation on Friday nights'. Actually I am referring to the hadeeth you mentioned where The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever reads one letter of the Book of Allaah will have one hasanah (reward) for doing so, and every hasanah will be multiplied by 10. I do not say that ‘Alif, laam, meem’ is one letter, but ‘Alif’ is a letter, ‘laam’ is a letter and ‘meem’ is a letter.’”
I was wonderring if this hadith was also true if one is reading the Qur'an in a different language (i.e. English Translation) in order to actually understand what he is reading?
Thank You, Allahu-Akbar

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We ask Allaah to reward you for your keenness. In response to your question, the reward mentioned in this hadeeth is only for the one who reads the Qur’aan as it is in Arabic, not for the one who reads the interpretation of the meanings in any other language. However, if a person reads a translation of the meanings in order to understand the meaning and benefit from what the aayaat are saying, then he will be rewarded for doing this, and his reward is with Allaah, because the Muslim will be rewarded for reading tafseer (explanation and commentary), and a translation is tafseer. But there is no indication that the person who reads a translation will earn the reward mentioned in the hadeeth. The bounty of Allaah is immense. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

There is many resources to learn how to read Qur'anic Arabic. Many Brothers & Sisters have recommended:

http://www.madinaharabic.com/

You can look at this which i posted quite awhile back:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175585&postcount=6
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176180&postcount=7

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

Walaykum Salam