does anybody know when masjid Aqsa was built

Jihan

Does anybody know know the history of masjid al-Aqsa? i don't remeber exactly, but there was a jewish man saying that there was no that the prophet(s.a.w) if it was built in the year 1000-something ad. :confused: I 'm not exactly sure what he was talking about, but i know it had to do the masjid Aqsa and the date it was built and ma'arij of Rasulullah(s.a.w). And didn't have any answers:astag:

Glory to ((Allah)) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things). (surah isra' ayah 1)
masjid al-aqsa is the farthest mosque... so...
the guy was saying that was impossible.

but i know there was a good response i was lacking.

p.s this was on the internet not personal experience

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

SAHIH BUKHARI, BOOK 55: Prophets

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 585: Narrated Abu Dhar:
I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was first built on the surface of the earth?" He said, "Al-Masjid-ul-,Haram (in Mecca)." I said, "Which was built next?" He replied "The mosque of Al-Aqsa ( in Jerusalem) ." I said, "What was the period of construction between the two?" He said, "Forty years." He added, "Wherever (you may be, and) the prayer time becomes due, perform the prayer there, for the best thing is to do so (i.e. to offer the prayers in time)."

SAHIH MUSLIM, BOOK 4: The Book of Prayers (Kitab Al-Salat)

Book 004, Number 1057:
Ibrahim b. Yazid al-Tayml reported: I used to read the Qur'an with my father in the vestibule (before the door of the mosque). When I recited the ayat (verses) concerning prostration, he prostrated himself. I said to him: Father, do you prostrate yourself in the path? He said: I heard Abu Dharr saying: I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about the mosque that was first set up on the earth. He said: Masjid Harim. I said: Then which next? He said: The Masjid al-Aqsa. I said: How long is the space of time between the two? He said: Forty years. He (then) further said: The earth is a mosque for you, so wherever you are at the time of prayer, pray there.

wasalaam.

aishamohamud

:salam2: masjid al aqsa was built long time ago by nabi suleiman (AS) and the constructers were jinns can u believe that

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I wish I knew the order in wich the Nabis came from and the period between them. Then maybe I'll be able to understand a lot of things.

Jihan

I wish I knew the order in wich the Nabis came from and the period between them. Then maybe I'll be able to understand a lot of things.

there is a really good book on the stories of the prophets, I had read it a while ago. its called "stories of the prophets from the Quran by Siddiqi Juma. it helps with getting the times of the prophets right and you'll find out that some of the prophets had long lives like 1000 years old.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Do you ever find something strange with the number 40 brother Jihan? Like adam (A) was made from a dry clay body for 40 days, Hadrat Ibraheem (A) left the Bani Israel for 40 days and Harun (A) was with the Bani Israel at that time. And for Hadrat Muhammad (SAW), Jibril (A) met him when he was forty years old, and our Nabi married Kadeejah (RA) when she was forty.

Jihan

reply to Abdul Hasib
And now i found I out the that there was a period of 40 yrs between masjid al-haram and masjid alAqsa. Alhamdullilah there are always patterns for us to reflect and ponder on, this way we realize nothing is by chance. there is a pattern in teh Quuran with number 19 and its multiples and factors. To see a video on the patterns of the quran go to http://www.muslimsvideos.com/tv/view_video.php?viewkey=4d8d0cbedc973445af2d . that's a nice video.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:salam2: masjid al aqsa was built long time ago by nabi suleiman (AS) and the constructers were jinns can u believe that
The Jinn are good architects. And Hazrat Sulayman (AS)'s court and workers consisted of Jinn.

[vg]6388210069955338565[/vg]

[vg]-3367201303486320590[/vg]

I love islamic cartoons.

BlueFish

Abdul,
Thanks bro for the animations. I enjoyed them.LOL! Claymation is great! I am an animator myself working on a story where the main character comes in contact with a jinn. If you have any interesting information you think i might need to know about jinn, let me know. I have been doing my research, but i can always listen to suggestions. And if you find any more good animations, i would love to see them.

Peace!