Does the lines on our hands mean anything ?

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

This is what I know. In your left hand the creases make 81 should look like the ^1 in arabic and the right hand creases look like 18 in arabic 1^. Also, 81+18 =99 They say this is the 99 names of Allah. That is what I learned a few years back. Sorry tried to get the ^ to look as much like it.

Does it actually mean anything more than that I do not know, for sure. I would think it is like the numbers some use to prove greatness in Quran. Even though it shows good I am not sure if it should be used that way. But, is this what you were referring too?

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

What I was told when I was little is that 81-18= 63. That`s the age that Prophet Muhammad:saw: died.

Nothing in the Quran or Sunnah about its significance, and Allah knows best.

Medically speaking, people typically have two palmar creases on each hand. The presence of a single transverse palmar crease can be, but is not always, a symptom of certain medical conditions such as Fetal alcohol syndrome and genetic abnormalities including Down syndrome and Noonan syndrome.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد

This is what I know. In your left hand the creases make 81 should look like the ^1 in arabic and the right hand creases look like 18 in arabic 1^. Also, 81+18 =99 They say this is the 99 names of Allah. That is what I learned a few years back. Sorry tried to get the ^ to look as much like it.

Does it actually mean anything more than that I do not know, for sure. I would think it is like the numbers some use to prove greatness in Quran. Even though it shows good I am not sure if it should be used that way. But, is this what you were referring too?

Errr ... I know you are a moderator but this does not look like part of religion at all to me ... more like fortune tellers talk.

IMHO, they have no meaning (except maybe medical, like the Simian Crease as part of Down's Syndrome).

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
Errr ... I know you are a moderator but this does not look like part of religion at all to me ... more like fortune tellers talk.

IMHO, they have no meaning (except maybe medical, like the Simian Crease as part of Down's Syndrome).

Yeah, I know. But do not think because we are mods we know it all. Also, I said in the quote people try to use numbers to prove Quran is great but I do not think this is allowed. Like when people try to use 786 it means nothing more. I hope thats understood, inshallah.

*Edit*
Also, like Happy 2b muslim said there is no signifigance in the Quran or Sunnah for this Allahu Alim
I would think this is bidah but I am no Alim so theres that.

Wasalam Amirah80

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

So, as I said in my post I did not think this was permissable. Some try to use it to show greatness but is not necessary.

Here is a fatwa

Question:

Is there a significance of human hands? Is there anything in the Qur’an or Hadith about the person’s hands and how they might be used as a sign of God? I know for one that on the palms we see the apparent numbers of 81and 18, totaling 99 which is as many names as Allah has! I ask this because of a Jewish Doctor who was interested in what Islam has to say about hands (he says, to him, in Judaism hands relate to the two tablets that the ten commandments were written on, and how the right hand extends from God and the left extends from man or something like that). Thank you and Allah bless you!

Answer:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks for having confidence in us, and we pray to Allah Almighty to help us let our efforts come up with your expectations, Ameen.

As for the question you posed, we’d like to state the following:

- When Allah Almighty created man, beasts and all other things in this universe, He made a sign in every living creature. Even in man’s body there is a sign for the people of understanding. Allah Almighty says: “And (also) in yourselves. Can ye then not see?” (Adh-Dhariyat: 21)

- It is sufficient for you to realize the greatness of your Creator to know that everyone in this world has his own fingerprint. These differences occur not in a spacious place; rather, in a very limited area that is the fingertip which is less than one square inch. Glory be to Allah!

- Furthermore, every human being has his own genetic code which no other being can imitate. Current research is underway to use the earprint and print of the lips instead of the fingerprint. And we wait for more!

- This matter is thus greater than the idea of having in one’s palms some signs seemingly indicating the numbers 18, 81 or whatever. This idea has no foundation in the Sunnah or the sayings of the Companions. They never concerned themselves with such things. Their minds were occupied with calling to Allah’s religion and disseminating Islam by means of both words and deeds.

- Divine wisdom is, in fact, greater than these groundless conceptions. Have you ever counted the deeds done by one or both of your hands? Just try and you will find that these deeds are countless. So, try to thank Allah for enabling you do these deeds and occupy yourself with this.

As for your Jewish friend, even if his sayings are out of knowledge, both the Qur’an and Sunnah brought us knowledge, light and guidance and the Jews envied us to the extent that one of them said to Salman Al-Farsi: “Your Messenger has taught you everything, even the etiquette of entering the bathroom.” Another one said to `Umar ibn Al-Khattab: “There is a verse revealed to you which, if revealed to us, we would celebrate that day in which it is revealed. The verse is: “This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam.”(Al-Ma’idah: 3).”

Dear brother! Allah has created both hands for us and both are from among the Divine blessings which people have nothing to do with. Jews always concern themselves with material matters. Referring to this, Allah says in the Qur’an: “Allah hath heard the taunt of those who say: ‘Truly, Allah is indigent and we are rich!’ We shall certainly record their word and (their act) of slaying the Prophets in defiance of right, and We shall say: ‘Taste ye the penalty of the Scorching Fire!’”
(Al `Imran: 181)

Allah also says: “The Jews say: ‘Allah’s hand is tied up.’ Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for the (blasphemy) they utter. Nay, both His hands are widely outstretched: He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth.” (Al-Ma’idah: 64)

You are to ask such a person if there is any evidence in his own religion to support his sayings. Pose to him: What is the real purpose of creating man? Is the Torah free from corruption? Is the Qur’an the true word of Allah?
You can also read:
Wisdom of Creation
The Significance of Doing Things with Right Hands
Allah Almighty knows best.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Dear sister, many apologies if I sounded harsh. You will agree that the mistake from a moderator carry more weight that the mistakes of us the plebs :) ... in my own understanding at least.

I think I should have expressed myself in a different way.

Apologies again.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

No problem Akhi. But to clairify again. There was not a mistake. I said I am unsure and think it is not permissable to do this in that way. But, I do understand what you mean. :):):)

Wasalam Amirah80

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

As others indicated the creases can indicate certain medical facts but nothing aside from that. I am shocked at the amount of money scam artist make off "reading palms" horoscopes, and other such nonsense.

Wasalaam

~Sarah