Video Does this sound like you?

InviteToTheDeen

I've been watching lots of internet videos on Islam. I'm a frequent visitor to sites such as youtube, googlevideo and many other Islam-specific ones.

The main videos that I search for are new Muslim videos or reverts or converts.

New Muslims appear to have so much enthusiasm and happiness in their Deen that many born-Muslims like me can take note of and learn so much from them. A lot of converts are exemplary perhaps because they know what its like coming from different perspectives, other religions and then studying and embracing Islam.

But, i fear that i watch these videos, sometimes all throughout the day, because it justifies to me that this is the correct religion. If a white English person reverts, then I (weirdly) see this as a victory, when in fact I should just be living and learning Islam myself and not watching others do it for me.

Islam brings happiness and I encourage peoples of all types and backgrounds to have it in their hearts.

PS: These forums are so darn popular, there is a new post every two minutes and this one will probably disappear off the home page in half an hour.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: i understand what you mean, brother. when i first discovered youtube all i did was search for muslim revert videos, even though i am a revert myself. i found them to be most uplifting and encouraged me to do better for the sake of Allah. my own personal experience is, however, as time goes on, that i prefer to spend more time on forums such as tti where i can actually learn something new every day. it is also hard for me to go on something like youtube and ignore any rude comments under videos so i have not been on there for some time.
:wasalam:

mosabaig

Muslim Ummah

:salam2:

I was sixteen when my dad sent me to study in U.K where my elder brother was in university doing his degree.

I was shocked as I saw a big change in him since I saw him in back home. Listning to pop music with a big collection of LPs, long hair jeans not caring about Halal food, Salat or Fasting etc.

Within six months I was speaking fluent English as he was only speaking English with me and he worked hard to teach me. I lived near my school afterwards.

One day as I was coming in my home I missionary stopped me in street and gave me a Bible in my langauge saying this is the words of God read it and he will visit me again. I was very curious what is it, I try to understand it and read it from here and there. A question came in my mind at that point I should find out what is in Quran and compare it. I think I found a Quran in library with translation in my langauge and I brought it home with eagerness to discover it for myself what is written in it. When I read the meaning of first chapter Al Bakarah and consontrated on the meaning my heart said these are the true words of God and I started to look for Mosques and started to learn my religion for myself from there. I thank Allah for guiding my to Islam.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

I was sixteen when my dad sent me to study in U.K where my elder brother was in university doing his degree.

I was shocked as I saw a big change in him since I saw him in back home. Listning to pop music with a big collection of LPs, long hair jeans not caring about Halal food, Salat or Fasting etc.

Within six months I was speaking fluent English as he was only speaking English with me and he worked hard to teach me. I lived near my school afterwards.

One day as I was coming in my home I missionary stopped me in street and gave me a Bible in my langauge saying this is the words of God read it and he will visit me again. I was very curious what is it, I try to understand it and read it from here and there. A question came in my mind at that point I should find out what is in Quran and compare it. I think I found a Quran in library with translation in my langauge and I brought it home with eagerness to discover it for myself what is written in it. When I read the meaning of first chapter Al Bakarah and consontrated on the meaning my heart said these are the true words of God and I started to look for Mosques and started to learn my religion for myself from there. I thank Allah for guiding my to Islam.
mashallah, Allah akbar.

I enjoyed reading that :)