Does vomiting nullifies ablution?

miss_sunshine

"fear Allah Only"
:salam2: Dear brothers and sisters I hope you are all doing well inshallah. I was wondering if vomiting breaks wudu because i have been told by one person that it doesn't break and by another person the opposite so i am just confussed and both of the individuals did not have any evidences concerning this issue. I would appreciate if someone can give me the correct answer. :jazaak: :)

your sister in Islam:hijabi::wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Yes it does break sister.

Enough prove is that the whole body must be clean for salah,Alahdmulillah.

:wasalam:

munawarah

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Vomiting a mouthful will break wudhu,
if it is less than a mouthful wudhu does not break.

If you vomit a little bit many times, and the amount becomes a 'mouthful', then this also nullifies wudhu.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

Some scholars are of the view that vomiting does not invalidate wudoo’, such as Imam Abu Haneefah and Imam Ahmad. But Ahmad stipulated that vomiting does invalidate wudoo’ if there is a large amount of vomit.

Imam al-Shaafa’i was of the view that vomiting does not invalidate wudoo, and this is the correct view, because there is no sound evidence to show that vomiting invalidates wudoo’.

See: al-Majmoo’, 2/63-65; al-Mughni, 1/247-250

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does whatever comes out of anything other than the front and back passages invalidate wudoo’?

He replied:

What comes out of anything other than the front and back passages does not invalidate wudoo’, whether it is a little or a lot, except urine and stools. That is because the basic principle is that it does not invalidate wudoo’. Whoever claims something that is contrary to the basic principle has to provide evidence, but it is proven that man is taahir by the shar’i evidence, and whatever is proven by the shar’i evidence cannot be altered except by further shar’i evidence. We do not go beyond what is indicated by the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because we submit to the laws of Allaah, not to our whims and desires. So there is no justification for making people purify themselves when it is not essential and we do not waive from them a purification that is obligatory.

If someone were to say that it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) vomited then did wudoo’, we say: this hadeeth has been classed as da’eef by most of the scholars. Then we say that this is simply an action, and the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) simply did an action does not indicate that it is obligatory, because there is no clear instruction. Moreover it is contradicted by another hadeeth – even if it is da’eef – which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was treated with cupping then he prayed and did not do wudoo’. This indicates that it is not obligatory to do wudoo’ after vomiting.

This is the correct view, that whatever comes out from the body does not invalidate wudoo’ even if it is a lot, whether it is vomit, saliva, blood, pus or anything else, unless it is urine or stools, such as if an opening is made in the body to let them out, in which case wudoo’ is invalidated when they come out from that opening. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/198.

www.islamqa.com

mhamzah

:salam2: Dear brothers and sisters I hope you are all doing well inshallah. I was wondering if vomiting breaks wudu because i have been told by one person that it doesn't break and by another person the opposite so i am just confussed and both of the individuals did not have any evidences concerning this issue. I would appreciate if someone can give me the correct answer. :jazaak: :)

your sister in Islam:hijabi::wasalam:

Just be on the safe side and do it again. After all how long does it take.

:wasalam:

slaves of ALLAH

does lying breaks wudhu?

asalamualaikum to all, just curios , does telling a lie breaks ones wudhu?will my solat be affected ?thanks