DOGS

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
True actually before you deicide to get one you might want to check with your HOA and your local municipality also one other thing you would have to check your home insurance policy or supplemental coverage.

AS a child when i used to go visit my grand mother i used to plan how i would get in and get out of the house without beeing eaten . It turned out that i used to either carry a basked of balls or sticks so that we can play fetch while our way into the house from the main gate. SHE Had 8 full grown doberman and a small dog of some kind i think it was a boxer mix.

AS,

haha yeah true true but I dont have a child. I was just saying if I had one and he/she came up to me asking for one I'd probably give one to them. Like I said with the must stay outside rule of course.
Anyways like I said in my post which I edited-Its a matter of capabilities of the dog. Its how your raise them really.

People who have bad experiences with dogs or only heard bad rumors about dogs would naturally hate dogs. It also goes the other way around.

One things for sure though....puppies are cute haha

WS

:salah:

arabiantxn

Thank you so much for your understanding response. That was my experience, McJagger, a black lab, protected my brother and I from his own brothers when he belonged to our neighbor, when they moved they left him with us. He was wonderful and he was loved and he was an outside dog. I just thought that my children would benefit from that kind of sweet love. BUT, I don't want to do anything to bother my husband if it conflicts with his faith.

I respect your courteousness and understanding towards our religion.

As for my story its not a pretty sight when you have eight big tall dogs running towards you,circle you and start jumping on you. lol scary memories.

now days she has she has 4 in total 3 doberman and one great dane

Laura

I AM A MUSLIM AND I HAVE A DOG......

I know a well as the next person that islam considers dogs saliva unclean-- especially when there are diseases such as rabiees that can be found in the saliva. However in the case of domestic dogs these are virtually iradicated now.

And as so many of you seem to be disputing the 'mans best friend' idea, please don't knock it unless you've actually had a dog yourself.

Our dog is as soft and gentle as a lamb yet the one time a family member was attacked the dog was barking and baring her teeth at the attacker in protection.

Moreover I have always had dogs and have never witnessed one drueling on the floor house. And if I want to pray I simply say 'go in your box' to the dog and he does. I go and wash, put on my clean clothes to pray and he doesn't move u until I have finished.

Many people seem to forget that all Allah's creatures were made prefectly just as Allah wanted.......and the Quran tells us to be kind towards all creatures........ so maybe we shouldn't be talking of any creatures as filthy etc...

I value all your opinions......I am just giving mine! Wassalam :hijabi:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I'm sorry guys ... the protection idea does not hold because dogs that have the ability to protect are the same ones who have the ability to bite ... it is one thing to keep the dog as fireman/policman and to keep a dog in your house for the "company" ... the comparison is invalid

4.7 million/365 = 12876 doge bites everyday ... I doubt you hear much about it in the media though

do we need to have dogs in our houses to be kind to them ? over breeding means over killing. We support the multiplication of billions of chicken, sheep and cows every year but we kill a lot as well. Same for dogs. I wonder how many dogs are killed every year due to lack of owner or because they have simply bitten someone ?

I really wonder how many people in the US are killed by sharks every year ... I doubt it is 17.

and all this is just a diversion: the bottom line is it is haram
if you want to keep a dog then this is a personal choice but dont tell me it is OK islamically, it isnt.

Rashadi

I AM A MUSLIM AND I HAVE A DOG......

I know a well as the next person that islam considers dogs saliva unclean-- especially when there are diseases such as rabiees that can be found in the saliva. However in the case of domestic dogs these are virtually iradicated now.

And as so many of you seem to be disputing the 'mans best friend' idea, please don't knock it unless you've actually had a dog yourself.

Our dog is as soft and gentle as a lamb yet the one time a family member was attacked the dog was barking and baring her teeth at the attacker in protection.

Moreover I have always had dogs and have never witnessed one drueling on the floor house. And if I want to pray I simply say 'go in your box' to the dog and he does. I go and wash, put on my clean clothes to pray and he doesn't move u until I have finished.

Many people seem to forget that all Allah's creatures were made prefectly just as Allah wanted.......and the Quran tells us to be kind towards all creatures........ so maybe we shouldn't be talking of any creatures as filthy etc...

I value all your opinions......I am just giving mine! Wassalam :hijabi:

I agree with you and in the end Allah will judge us all anyways. If dogs are so evil and bad, why are people allowed to have them for hunting, guarding, etc? It don't make no sense at all. I can see the saliva being impure and keeping them outside but to be totally ruthless to them or to condemn, attack or be rude to people who may own a dog I find absurd.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Agreed.
I like animals, inshallah I will own a cat one day :)
Dogs are cool, my cousin has one...Although I will.. probably never go near one, in fear of being bittin :p