Don't know how to pray!

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2: I wanted to ask a question If I may, some individuals in our building musallah, when they pray, they don't pray as the prophet (SAW) use to pray. I mean ok when they come from ruku they say allah ho akbar raising there hands to there ears. And during tashahhud they keep there index finger up until they dont say salam. I wanted to ask if this is correct?:salah:

:wasalam:

three17ent

:salam2:

my dear brother please refer to this site

http://islamqa.com/en/cat/270&pag

it has all the categories you need insha allah.. but I think the first link should give you a good description of how rasullulah sallalahualaihe wasalam made sallah.

and its a beutiful site for all your other needs as well..

boymuh

Hajj please..
I think it's OK to perform that kind of shalat, except I think when we rising up from ruku', we say "samiallahulimanhamiddah" despite "Allahuakbar".

Well, you also can find many difference type or form in, not just shalat, but also many other ritual and ways of life, in many moslem's country & moslem's life.
I mean many, many, & many...

Even the four great fiqh imam (Maliki, Hambali, Hanafi, & Syafi'i) also have so many difference ijtihad and fiqh laws each other to solve and giving solution, not only in shalat, but also in many ways of human life. But they're respect each other, and sometimes follow the fiqh laws of the other imam, even those are difference from their own opinion.

Alhamdulillaah, for the difference in fiqh laws, because that's the beauty of Islam my brother, and that's how Islam can survive and the ways of Allah guards Islam, so Islam can be easily very adaptif problem solver and as the solution for many problems that every many human dealing with, without leaving out what is written in Al Qur'an and As Sunnah of course.

And the best part is, we'll not have any sin if we follow any ijtihad opinion or fiqh laws from the four imams above, or any other competent scholars. Because we get two "bounty" (I don't know what is "pahala" in English, I'm Indonesian) in correct ijtihad and one "bounty" in wrong ijtihad.

And I hope Allah give us clarity in understanding Islam better.

Wallahu'alam bishawab.