dreams

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

I have one question I'm sorry if it's been asked before.

The question is;

How a believer of Allah can benefit from his/her dreams (al-ahlam) ?

Thank you and May Allah Bless You.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Assalamualaikum..

I dont know why nobody replied my post. I've tried to find the answer on the internet and alhamdulilah here is a good one...

http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

Hadith - Bukhari 2:468, Narrated Samura bin Jundab

Whenever the Prophet finished the (morning) prayer, he would face us and ask, "Who amongst you had a dream last night?" So if anyone had seen a dream he would narrate it. The Prophet would say: "Ma sha'a-llah"

Hadith - Bukhari 9:119, Narrated AbuHuraira

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Nothing is left of the prophetism except Al-Mubashshirat." They asked, "What are Al-Mubashshirat?" He replied, "The true good dreams (that conveys glad tidings)."

Hadith - Bukhari 9:168, Narrated Abu Salama

I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Hadith -Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 115: Narrated Abu Qatada

The Prophet said, "A good dream that comes true is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan, so if anyone of you sees a bad dream, he should seek refuge with Allah from Satan and should spit on the left, for the bad dream will not harm him."

Hadith - Muslim 5640, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah, r.a.
Allah's Messenger said: There came to him (the Prophet) a desert Arab and said: I saw in a dream that I had been beheaded and I had been following it (the severed head). Allah's Apostle reprimanded him saying: Do not inform about the vain sporting of devil with you during the night.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 9:144, Narrated Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Sirin said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams: The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness, what is suggested by Satan to frighten the dreamer, or glad tidings from Allah. So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer." He added, "He (Abu Huraira) hated to see a Ghul (i.e., iron collar around his neck in a dream) and people liked to see fetters (on their feet in a dream). The fetters on the feet symbolizes one's constant and firm adherence to religion." And Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ghuls (iron collars) are used only for necks."

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 52.5
Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa that his father said about this ayat, "For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world, and in the Hereafter," (Sura 10 ayat 64), that it was the good dream which the man who was salih saw or which was shown to him.

The Noble Qur'an - Yunus 10:64
For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world. (i.e. righteous dream seen by the person himself or shown to others), and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allâh, this is indeed the supreme success.