Question: dua in prayer?

Hachiko

Assalaamu alaikum Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
can any of you friendly amazing muslims tell me what the dua is after saying the "Allahumma salli'ala muhammadeen wa 'ala ali muhammadeen..." i read in a book that it is "RABBI JALNI MUQI MASAALATA WA MIN DHUIRIYATI RABBANA WA TAQABUL DUA RABBANAGH FARLI WALIWALIDAIYA WA LIL MUMINNENA YAWMA YAQUMAL HISAAB"
but my dad recites sumthing else..."allahumma inni auzu...." i'm not sure.. and also is it fardh to recite 'em?
Jazakallah Khairun for taking ur time and helping me.

adanshai

The Dua / Supplication Allahumma Inni Auzu bi ka ... is an authentic Sunnah and the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) used to recite this supplication in the prayers - there are others supplications which are Sunnah - get hold a copy of 'Fortress of the Muslim' (hisnulmuslim), which is easily available online.

Hachiko

The Dua / Supplication Allahumma Inni Auzu bi ka ... is an authentic Sunnah and the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) used to recite this supplication in the prayers - there are others supplications which are Sunnah - get hold a copy of 'Fortress of the Muslim' (hisnulmuslim), which is easily available online.
Assalaamu alaikum Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! oh yeah!! i have dat book alhamdulillah.. will have a look insha allah. Jazakallah Khairun!