Eating in Ramadan?

Ammunti

Salam,

i would like to know what the ruling is regarding eating in public while you are not fasting due to reasons that the Quran specified. can a person eat in public even though they are not supposed to fast. for example would something as little as chewing gum in public be haram for a women who is not fasting?

q8penpals

Salam

I can't answer your question except for when in Kuwait - it is ILLEGAL in Kuwait to eat or drink ANYTHING in public during Ramadan. If you are caught, you can be fined or imprisoned until the end of Ramadan.

As far as for other countries/areas, I don't know.

Lana

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
I live in New York, so there are NO rules here!! I would say just be discreet if you the know the person is fasting, dont eat in front of him/her. If you are strong enough in your fasting, it should not bother you. Allahu Alim!:blackhijab:

zaid6236

:salam2: do learn more about Islam. but for your on knowlegde do learn and think..people will guide you but still up to you to decide.:wasalam: :)

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

Maybe a question which can make one to think inshallah :)

Just imagine on a normal day you sit in a park on a bench wanting to eat and on the same bench another poor fellow sitting next to you...whom by just looking at him you know he is hungry! will your soul let yourself eat infront of him? while he watches you eating?

Depends on diff countries but if you can avoid to eat in public its good sometimes non muslims will start to wonder what kinda muslim you are by eating while others are fasting.Well not all of them knows who is allowed to eat during the fasting :)

Jazakallahu kheir!!:SMILY346: