EDINBURGH ISLAMIC FESTIVAL

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Edinburgh, August 08: The Islam Festival Edinburgh (IFE), a month-long collection of events promoting understanding of Muslim faith and life, with a special ceremony to open its pivotal feature: the Discover Islam Exhibition.
The Exhibition, which is part of the Festival Fringe and has run successfully at Edinburgh Central Mosque for the past five years, opened with a ceremony attended by various dignitaries including Members of the Scottish Parliament (MSPs) and interfaith representatives.

The exhibition includes various poster sets explaining aspects of the religion and culture of Muslims, as well as artistic exhibits and multimedia. The Islam Festival as a whole encourages creativity and dialogue.

Highlight events during the month include two talks on Islam in a contemporary context ("Who'd be a Muslim these days?" on August 11; and "Islam, Peace, and the Modern World," on August 19), as well as a melodic presentation of the recited Qur'an ("The Glorious Recital," on August 18), and a selling exhibition of Arabic calligraphy by Haji Noor Deen Mi Guangjiang from China (on 24-26 August).

Sohaib Saeed, IFE manager, commented, "More than ever, this fantastic resource for meeting local Muslims and learning about their way of life is a significant contribution to our diverse Scottish society." Did you attend the festival opening?

Are you going to attend future lectures and events? Would you like to share what you witnessed with Muslims from around the world? Share your input below. -

Ameera

Seeking allah
Asalaam Alikum

I will be attending some of the Events at the Edinbrg Muslim festival as its being held in my Masjid I will report any good info to you when I have been, if thats ok ????

Ammera

Faisel

JZK

Thanks for posting this but Im afraid i can't come cuz I live in Qatar and I came from my summer holiday but I love to in the future

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Asalaam Alikum

I will be attending some of the Events at the Edinbrg Muslim festival as its being held in my Masjid I will report any good info to you when I have been, if thats ok ????

Ammera
ASSALAMUAYCUM
YOU ARE WELCOME SIS.I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR POST.
WASALAM

galadari

i have been to edinburgh n i fell in luv wid dat city. im so busy these days otherwise i wud have been gone ther.
jazakallah........