Editing?

Submitter

We have strange server problems, sometimes Pictures might not show up, or you will get an error message.

This is exactly the problem I was having on my website - some of the HTML was not being displayed (mostly form content like buttons and checkboxes) and it turned out to be the forum style. I changed to a different style and hey presto fixed.

Is there no way to reset the forum style or reinstall it? I use phpBB so not sure about vBulletin. Although I'm not convinced this is the problem as I have tried changing the forum style from the control panel, but this didn't fix the issue.

:wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Move it to us :p

assalamu alaykum,

lol :p

You can not edit posts which are over 1 day old.

We have strange server problems, sometimes Pictures might not show up, or you will get an error message.

We are going to move the website to another dedicated server probably tonight. So this site will be closed later on.. whilst i back everything up and move it to a better home inshaAllah! Make dua that our new server is much better than this one and doesnt cause any problems... and more importantly that its worth the 100s of dollars i am going to have to pay lol.

Wasalam.

Was wondering, why not move it to us :biggrin: www.networksolutions.com just incase and i'd be happy to answer your call :bananabb2in:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Was wondering, why not move it to us :biggrin: www.networksolutions.com just incase and i'd be happy to answer your call :bananabb2in:

assalamu alaykum, thats a famous webhosting company ;) ... I think your company is kinda pricey. The server i need is dedicated, the website does not list dedicated servers.

I would need a moderately powerful CPU, with

250GB HD
2000GB + Bandwidth Transfer

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
This is exactly the problem I was having on my website - some of the HTML was not being displayed (mostly form content like buttons and checkboxes) and it turned out to be the forum style. I changed to a different style and hey presto fixed.

Is there no way to reset the forum style or reinstall it? I use phpBB so not sure about vBulletin. Although I'm not convinced this is the problem as I have tried changing the forum style from the control panel, but this didn't fix the issue.

Assalamu alaykum,

the forum software is made in php not html. Thats just a slight point :).

Images are broken for a number of reasons, most likely reason is that your link was incorrect. Thats how it is for 99% of the cases.

The images are broken on this site because of a Server problem.

Phpbb is a good software I guess i am not used to it. I prefer Vbulletin. Infact, Vbulletin is the best forum software available.

The only downside is that it is not free its $150 and have to pay a license fee every year.

Vbulletin is always changing constantly and they improve it all the time. Plus it has good support. There are definitely a lot of options for vb which phpbb is still planning on putting in their software. VB today is phpbb in 2 years time. Im not sure if phpbb has even got custom bbcodes. That is an addon if i think correctly. THey will put it in their next one.

wasalam.

Submitter

:salam2:

Assalamu alaykum,

the forum software is made in php not html. Thats just a slight point :).

Ahh but what the browser sees is still HTML. :)

Images are broken for a number of reasons, most likely reason is that your link was incorrect. Thats how it is for 99% of the cases.

Unfortunately, my problem was not just to do with images. I was missing various form content such as input fields and check boxes.

The images are broken on this site because of a Server problem.

But if it was just a case of bad links to images, the button should still be there... Just without an image. Different browsers will handle this in different ways I guess.

Phpbb is a good software I guess i am not used to it. I prefer Vbulletin. Infact, Vbulletin is the best forum software available.

The only downside is that it is not free its $150 and have to pay a license fee every year.

Vbulletin is always changing constantly and they improve it all the time. Plus it has good support. There are definitely a lot of options for vb which phpbb is still planning on putting in their software. VB today is phpbb in 2 years time. Im not sure if phpbb has even got custom bbcodes. That is an addon if i think correctly. THey will put it in their next one.

wasalam.

I agree. vBulletin is by far the best discussion board software. The reason I used phpBB is because I could set up the forum with just a few clicks though my site configuration software (cPanel). It's only a teeny weeny forum, nowhere near as big as TTI.

Anyways, inshallah we'll have better luck with the new host. :biggrin: