Effects of TV

Salika

~mUsLiMaH~
Don Salvatore,
Interesting questions you bring up. However, have you read the Quran in its entirety? Or maybe even the Bible. Why do you question the existence of God? Are you not Christian yourself? Tell me, what's the real reason as to why you are in an Islamic forum. Are you here to learn more about Islam or are you just finding ways to "i dont know really what you're trying to do"...but its not good...thats all I know....Excuse me if i may sound rude, but I would like to hear back.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Message of Islam (Middlesex, UK) have a small book called "The Ill Effects of Television", which is worht a read and is small in size.

I can't stand TV, when I got back from `Umrah in Shawaal, I found that my mum put a tv and cable box in my flat, which I absolutely oppose. Anyway I haven't tuned the TV in and have blocked off all the channels (minus bbc news which isn't exactly good coverage anyway). It is such an evil waste of time in my opinion.

Shaykh Al-Albaanee rahimahullaah, in a fatwa on television (which i believe i posted on this forum already) says that "Today, ninety-nine percent of what is on television is evil, licentious, immoral, forbidden, and so on, while one percent of it has some shows presented that are of benefit to some people. But the consideration is with regard to the majority (and not the minority). So when a true Muslim state exists that can place programs based on knowledge, which would be beneficial for the ummah, at that point I will not say that television is permissible, but rather I will say that it is obligatory."

Al-Asaalah, Issue #10

Muslim in AUS

When I recently moved in another address to live alone, I simply didn`t by TV, I don`t nead it at all. Here, in Australia, we have magazines and newspapers of all kinds for free everywhere!!! Moreover - internet is sufficient for everybody. TV - it`s really wasting time. When some friends ask me why I don`t buy TV.... it`s another problem to explain them... :)

Don_Salvatore

Well.... I read many of the verses you sent me muharram23 and I admit that it is beatiful. But it does not compell me to turn to Islam if you were hoping that.

"There is no compulsion in Islam" (2:256). Guidance does not come from man but from God, the Creator of the world.

For example. Why would the creator for any reason at all sanction one to kill another being?

Please elaborate. I'm not sure what you are saying.

How can a creator decree that you may only praise him? When lots of people never even know he exists? Had the texts been given to every people in the world I might have been inclined to believe in Allah or God or Buddha.... But as it is... None of the gods have been universal... Only regional. Why is that?

"We verily sent Our messengers with clear proofs, and revealed with them the Scripture and the Balance, that mankind may observe right measure..." (57:25).

"We have certainly sent to every nation a Messenger [proclaiming]: “Worship Allah, and shun false gods" (16:36)

"And We have not sent before you any Prophet except that We revealed to him that none has the right to be worshipped in truth but Me (Allah) so worship Me" (21:25).

Among those who received Books, were the four mentioned in the Glorious Qur'an: Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be on them all). The Books were the Tawrah (Torah) given to Moses (Musa), The Zaboor (Psalms) given to David (Dawud), the Injeel (Gospel) given to Jesus (`Isa) and the Qur'an given to Muhammad (peace be upon them all). The message was clear..."Worship none but God."

Unfortunately man distorted this message so....

Allah Almighty sent Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) as the Last Messenger of God to humanity with the Final form of Divine Guidance called the Qur'an.

Amina88... Many people are not muslims by choice... But because that is the religion where they are born. As it is with all religions. At least in many western countries children have religion in school where you learn of all the big religions. How many muslim countries give that choice at all?!

Actually, every human being has free will (choice), which I consider one of the greatest manifestations of God's creativity. Yes I was a born Muslim, but after studying and looking at the different beliefs, I can not chose any other, because Islam gives me freedom...Islam shows me a defined purpose..Islam is not just a belief but an act to follow! Prostrating and praying to God 5x a day gives a me full respite to worship & appreciate what the Creator has given me. Everything in Islam is logical. It's the religion of logic.

And as we know Muslims tend to kille converts... Unlike here...

What is this based on? The limited knowledge, propaganda and view you receive from your media? Hypothetically speaking, I could care less if there were a million Muslims on earth or just 1. I would still be a Muslim! The great number of people reverting to Islam should not be the reason for you to become Muslim, but it should be a sign to make you ponder and give emphasis to.