Everyone will go to Hell?

Al Qassimi

:salam2:

I was talking to my friends yestreday and some of them said that every Muslim will go to hell first then to Heaven, I doubt this is true. Anyway, can anyone confirm if this is false or true.

Shukran

muslim doc

He means......

:salam2:alserat is a path on the hell fire that every moahed(muslim) will pass and if the passing person is a muslim but mad emany wrong things which affects his tawheed like visiting graves and having blessing from them saying that they r for good people (it is an act of sherk) willl fall from the serat to hell fire
muslims who have many sins which is not shirk (nobody is perfect except prophets) like adultery, stealing, saying bad things will be punished accordin to his deeds which Allah has not forgiven but the true muslims always do estagfaar asking Allah's mercy to forgive all their sins which they have done in their lifes then Allah will sure forgive them if they r really feelin sorrow and sorry from these sins and they will not be punished and pass the serat easily with no harm
and i hope every true muslims do this coz there is no one perfect and every one commits a sin here or there but take care of al kabaaer (great sins) like Parents disrespect, adultery, killing innocents,etc which Allah will forgive only when u do taoba which is a great effort if one commited one of these great sins..
and i hope we all be in jana with prophet muhammed (pbuh)
ur brother in islam :salam2:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
This is waht is waht happens. For a Mushrik who had no monotheistic beleif in Allah that he is one alone, or for a bad Muslim who greatly sinned but never asked Allah for repentance, shall be questioned in his grave, and then he will be in an EXTREMELY cramped space, so small that his ribs will collapse over each other. And then 70-99 serpents shall cover and go around his body till Qiyamah. And then in his grave he shall smell the most terrible of smells. Urine, animal blood, and the smell of animals when they give birth.

Whilst those who do good deeds, beleived in the oneness of Allah, and followed Rasulullah (SAW) (or at least beleived in the oness of Allah if they came from the previous Ummahs of the Anbiyya); their grave shall spread farther than what their eyes can see, and their grave welcomes them, becoming a comfortable bed and then after they are questioned, they are going to be commanded to sleep until the day they shall rise in Resurrection.

And Allah Ta Alla may forgive ANY sinner, and why he does it, it is because he wishes to do so.

But anyway for your question brother, a person firsts takes their time in Jahanam, if they have any sin against them, and then they shall take how much time they're supposed to. And THEN they shall be cleasned and purified, and then they will be admitted into Jannah.

Our Nabi (SAW) will not be happy and his heart will never be aat peace until every memeber of his Ummati is in Jannah.

Assalamu Alykum.

Islam!!yay

Well think first ....if every Muslim goes to hell then heaven. Then prophet muhammed (PBUH) will go to hell then heaven . And me personally cant imagine our respectful prophet go to hell....... right ?

Al Qassimi

Okay, just to get this clear. If a TRUE Muslim does his job in this world, in the Hereafter he will not set foot in Jannaham; correct?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i have heard once that, there will be muslims in jahanaam for a short time, for sins that they have never sought ALLAH SWT forgiveness for. yet they will eventually be let into the jannah. they will be asked at their entrance if they have ever experienced any hardship or sorrow, and they will reply that they hadn't. their one footstep into the jannah was more than enough to make them forgetful of not only having spent time in hellfire but also forgetful of any hardships that they may have had during their time on the earth.
:wasalam:

muslim doc

my brothers

Allah has given our Prophet (pbuh) forgiveness for all his previous and coming deeds and our prophet can not do sins because he is the perfect man born on earth
other people do sins which might be big or small sins which we might forget them and we forget that we forgot right so Allah gives every sinfull person a chance which is taoba and estegfaar by which Allah will forgive us if our taoba is honest and if Allah will forgive us he will not punish us in hell right
i want to tell u something, we muslims r not going to enter jannah and be saved from hell by our good deeds only because we r no perfect and our good dees will not be that perfect through our entire life, we will enter jannah by Allah's forgiveness only if Allah didnot forgive us then we r doomed....
so u must have hope in Allah's forgiveness and always ask for it in doaa'
:wasalam:

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams br. barakallahufik for this explanation , and inshallah we will all go to Jannah and not have to experiance Hell first, ameen

Almeftah

74. Ibn 'Abbas said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'All the nations were shown to me and I saw a Prophet with a small group, and a Prophet with one or two men, and a Prophet with no one at all. Then an enormous mass was shown to me and I thought that they were my community. I was told, "This is Musa and his community, but look to the furthest horizon," and there was an enormous mass. It was said to me, "This is your community. Among them are seventy thousand who will enter the Garden without reckoning or punishment."' Then he got up and entered his house and the people discussed concerning those who would enter the Garden without reckoning or punishment. Some of them said, 'Perhaps it is those who were with the Messenger of Allah,' while others said, 'Perhaps it is those who are born in Islam and do not associate anything with Allah,' and they mentioned various things. The Messenger of Allah came out to them and said, 'What are you discussing?' They told him and he said, 'They are those who do not make charms or ask others for charms, and do not seek omens. They trust in their Lord.' 'Ukkasha ibn Muhsin stood up and said, 'Ask Allah to make me one of them.' He said, 'You are one of them.' Then another man stood up and said, 'Ask Allah to make me one of them.' He said, "'Ukkasha beat you to it.'" [Agreed upon]

I Ask Allah to make us of those 70000.

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member

Anas bin Malik reported that Allah's Messenger :saw: said that one amongst the denizens of Hell who had led a life of ease and plenty amongst the people of the world would be made to dip in Fire only once on the Day of Resurrection and then it would be said to him:

O, son of Adam, did you find any comfort, did you happen to get any material blessing?

He would say: By Allah, No, my Lord.

And then that person from amongst the persons of the world be brought who had led the most miserable life (in the world) from amongst the inmates of Paradise.

And he would be made to dip once in Paradise and it would be said to him. 0, son of Adam, did you face, any hardship? Or had any distress fallen to your lot? And he would say: By Allah, No, 0 my Lord, never did I face any hardship or experience any distress.

A believer should not regard the life of this world as a home and a dwelling, but should consider himself as a traveler in it. This is the good understanding and the fruitful knowledge. Yahya Ibn Mu'adh (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said:

"How can't I love this life? A sustenance is decreed for me in it which keeps me alive and helps me to perform the deeds of obedience that will lead me to Paradise."

Such are the people who should be happy because of the way they regard life, but not those who live in luxurious palaces, neglect worship and reject every deed of obedience.

`Abdullah Ibn `Umar (RadhiAllahu-Anhu) said: "The life of this world is Paradise for a disbeliever and a prison for a believer. When a believer dies and departs from this world he feels himself like a prisoner who was released to go freely on the spacious earth."

I was talking to my friends yestreday and some of them said that every Muslim will go to hell first then to Heaven, I doubt this is true. Anyway, can anyone confirm if this is false or true.

Shukran

i think he mean every muslim have to cross the jahannam and there is a bridge called sirat.IF the deeds of muslim good he will cross through the bridge over the jahannam. and if not then...........:astag:

Al Qassimi

wow only 70000 will go to the garden without any punishment... are you sure this hadith is not fabricated?

cmelbouzaidi

Jazak Allahu Khair and very interesting post! I am learningn so much from TTI and allhamdulillah we have some very knowledgeable brothers and sisters registered. I am still learning about all of this but I heard there is a group that will not experience the heat of hellfire at all and they would be those who really suffered terribly in this life (i.e. from extreme poverty, starvation, etc.) and still were grateful for everything and never stopped praising Allah. And Allah is the Most Merciful, may he have mercy on all true submitters to His will, ameen.

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow only 70000 will go to the garden without any punishment... are you sure this hadith is not fabricated?

This is known as the The Great Intercession thats unique for the ummah of Muhamad :saw:

IN the confusion and terror of the resurrection plain, people will remember the prophets who were sent to them, and will wonder if those men can intercede for them before Allah to relieve them of the horrors which are afflicting them.
In the long Hadith of the Intercession, narrated by Bukhari, Muslim and others, we are told that people will go first to Adam ‘alayhis-alam, the father of mankind, and reminding him of his dignified status, will ask him to intercede before Allah. He will reply,

“My Lord is angry today such as He has never been before, nor will He ever be [so angry] ever again. Indeed, He forbade me from the tree, but I disobeyed. My self! My self! My self [am I concerned for]! Go to someone else. Go to Noah.”

They will then go to Noah, reminding him of his status as the first messenger to mankind, and put the same request before him. He will also decline, mentioning his worry over the fact that he had been given a single supplication which was guaranteed to be answered, but that he had used it against his people. He will send them to Abraham ‘alayhis-salam, who will also decline in the same way, mentioning that he had told three lies.

In the same manner, people will go to Moses, who will decline due to his having killed a man in error. Jesus ‘alayhis-salam will also decline their request, although he will not mention any sin. It should be noted that the ‘sins’ mentioned by the Prophets as the reasons why they are afraid to intercede before Allah are sins only in relative terms; ie they were permissible deeds which were merely not the best choices for the circumstances in question, but due to the extreme piety of the prophets, they regard these incidents as severe.

Finally, they will come to Muhammad :saw: (Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi was-sallam), and say,

“O Muhammad! You are the Messenger of Allah, and the Last of Prophets; Allah forgave you your former and latter sins, so intercede for us before Allah; do you not see what [situation] we are in? Do you not see what has come to us?”

Then, the Prophet :saw: will get up, go and prostrate beneath the ‘Arsh, and glorify Allah with unique praises. He will be told,

“O Muhammad! Ask, that you may be given, and intercede that your intercession may be granted!”

The Prophet :saw: will ask for intercession, and the first intercession he requests will be to relieve all people of the terrors of the Resurrection Plain. This is refferred to as the Great Intercession, since it encompasses all of mankind, and as we have seen it is exclusive to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: .

This dignified position of intercession is the Praiseworthy Station, which the Qur’an mentions will be granted to the Prophet on that day.

“Surely, your Lord will raise you up to a Praiseworthy Station.” [
(17) Al-Isra, 79] Ibn Jareer al-Tabari reports in his tafseer, “That [ie the Praiseworthy Station] is the place that Muhammad :saw: will take on the Day of Resurrection, to intercede for people in order for their Lord to relieve them of the severity they will be experiencing on that day.”

The Exposure

Mankind will be exposed before their Lord.

“And they shall be exposed before their Lord in ranks.” [(18) Al-Kahf, 48].

The Prophet :saw:Said,

“Mankind will be exposed three exposures on the Day of Resurrection. The [first] two exposures shall be disputation and excuses, but at the third [exposure], the scrolls [of deeds] will be distributed, and then some will take them in their right hands, others in their left.” [Narrated by Tirmidhi]

So, the first time, people will dispute with one another: the weak with the tyrants who hindered them from faith, the tyrants responding that they are, in the final analysis, not to blame, for each individual believes or disbelieves by his/her own conscious decision.

The disbelievers will deny that prophets came to them. At the second exposure, people will acknowledge their wrongs, and will seek excuses. With the third exposure, the books of deeds will be distributed amongst them. Receiving the book in the right hand signifies success, while receiving it in the left hand or behind one’s back signifies failure.

“O makind! You are striving in your deeds towards your Lord and [towards] meeting Him. Then, as for he who is given his book in his right hand shall be reckoned an easy reckoning, and he shall return to his family members in joy. And, as for the one who is given his book in his left hand, he shall call for destruction, and shall taste of a blazing fire.” [(84) Al-Inshiqaq, 6-12]

The Questioning

“Then, by your Lord, We shall surely question them all, about what they used to do.” [(15), Al-Hijr, 92-93]

“Then, We shall surely question those to whom were sent (messengers), and We shall surely question the Messengers.” [Al-A’raf, 6].

The people will be questioned about whether messengers came to them, and how they responded to them. The messengers themselves will be questioned about whether they conveyed the message.

Belief in the questioning and reckoning of the Hereafter instills a sense of responsibility and accountability in the Muslim. He must be constantly watching over his heart and his deeds, and must be prepared to forego those fleeting, ephemeral pleasures of this world which are available to him on the path of sin.

He must be prepared to undergo some suffering and hardship in the temporary abode, in order to avoid the inescapable consequences of evil in the Hereafter.

He must fear standing before his Lord if he desires safety on that ghastly day. Allah, the Mighty, the Majestic has said in the Hadith Qudsi,

“By My Might! I shall not combine for My servant two lives of fear, nor two lives of surety.” [Narrated by Ibn Hibban].

People will be questioned, on the Day of Judgment:
1. About faith: “You will be asked about ‘Laa ilaaha illallaah’” [Narrated by Tirmidhi]
2. About Salah: “The first thing which the servant will be questioned about on the Day of Resurrection will be his salah. If it is in order, then he shall have prospered and succeeded, while if it is impaired, then he shall have failed and be ruined.” [Narrated by Tirmidhi]
3. About those under their care: “O believers! save yourselves and your families from a Fire, whose fuel is mankind and stones.” [(66), Al-Tahreem, 6] “Every one of you is a guardian, and every one of you will be asked about those in his care. The man is a guardian over his family, and will be questioned about those in his care. The woman is a guardian over her husband’s house, and will be questioned about that in her care. The servant is a guardian over his master’s property, and will be questioned for that in his care.” [Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim]
4. About the bodily organs: “Do not follow that which you have no knowledge of; (your) hearing, sight and hear – you will be questioned about all of them.” [(17), Al-Isra, 36]
5. About delight: “Then, you shall be questioned on that day about delight.” [(17), Al-Isra, 36]
6. About intentions: “Whoever desires the life of the world and its adornment, We shall repay their deeds to them in it, and they will not suffer any short payment therein. they are those for whom there is nothing but the Fire in the Hereafter. In vain shall be that which they wrought therein, and null shall be that which they used to do.” [(11) Hud, 15]

In a long hadith narrated by Muslim, we are told that the men whose cases shall be judged first on the Day of Resurrection shall be a man who was martyred, a man who acquired knowledge and taught it and who recited the Qur’an and a man to whom Allah had been generous and given many varieties of wealth.

These men will acknowledge Allah’s favours upon them, and will claim that they did these deeds for His sake. They will be exposed as liars, for they did not do these deeds for the sake of Allah. The man who was martyred had been fighting in order to be called brave, the scholar or reciter of the Qur’an had acted thus in order to gain a reputation as such, and the philanthropist had sought recognition as a generous person. Since deeds are according to their intentions, these people received what they had sought through these deeds, and so they will not receive reward for them on the Day of Judgment. Hence, they will be dragged into Hell.

7. There are four questions which everyone must face: “The feet of a servant will not move on the Day of Resurrection until he has been questioned about [four things:] his life – how he spent it, his knowledge – how he acted upon it, his wealth – where he earned it and how he spent it, and his body – how he used it.” [Narrated by Tirmidhi]

The Reckoning

“To Us shall be their coming, then with Us shall be their reckoning.” [(88) Al-Takweer, 25-26]

People will be brought to account for their deeds, as well as for their resolved intentions.

“When two Muslims encounter one another with their swords, the murderer and the murdered shall be in the Fire.” [Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim]

The murdered individual is also in the Fire because he was intent on killing his companion. However, out of Allah’s grace, we are excused for fleeting thoughts which we do not consciously entertain or sustain, nor verbalise.

“Allah does not task a soul beyond its scope.” [(2) Al-Baqarah, 286]

The Prophet :saw: has said, “Allah has forgiven my ummah for those things which their hearts whisper to them.” [Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim]

There will be some who will enter heaven without reckoning. In the hadith narrated by Muslim, the Prophet :saw: says:

That the nations of all the prophets were exposed to him. He saw some Prophets with only one or two people, or their family members with them (ie no-one else had believed in them).

Then, he saw a huge crowd, and thought that was his ummah. Jibreel alayhis-salam told him that it was actually the ummah of Moses alahis-salam, but he indicated to him a larger crowd which stretched from one horizon to the other, and told him that this was his ummah.

He :saw: said, “and with them are 70,000 who shall enter heaven without reckoning or punishment. They are those who do not use charms, nor seek them from others, nor draw omens, but rely upon their Lord.”

Martyrs of the battlefield will also be exempted from the reckoning. “While the servants are standing at the place of reckoning, a [group of] people will come with their swords on their backs dripping blood, and they will assemble at the gate of Heaven. It will be asked, ‘Who are these?’ whereupon it will be said, ‘They are the martyrs; they were alive, receiving sustenance.’” [Narrated by Tabarani]

this can be found in Riyad as-Salihin (The Meadows of the Righteous)

by Imam Nawawi

7. Chapter: Certainty and Trust in Allah

and as long as i know [agreed upon means muttafiqun alaih which means all imam of hadiths agredd upon it or? just asking for claryfing]

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sahih Muslim Chapter 91: The Admittance into Paradise of a A group of Muslims Without Rendering Any Account & Suffering Punishment

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Apostle of Allah :saw: said: Seventy thousand (persons) of my Ummah would enter Paradise without rendering an account. Upon this a person said: Messenger of Allah. pray to Allah that He make me one of them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: O Allah! make him one of them. Then another stood up and said: Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that He make me one of them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you in this matter.

Muhammad b. Ziyad reported: I heard Abu Huraira narrate this: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah :saw: saying a hadith like one narrated by al-Rabi'.
Abu Huraira reported: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah :saw: saying: A group of my Ummah consisting of seventy thousand persons would enter Paradise; their faces would be as bright as the brightness of the full moon. Abd Huraira said: 'Ukkasha b. Mihsan al-Asadi then stood up wrapping the blanket around him and said: Messenger of Allah, supplicate (before) Allah that He should make me one among them. Upon this the Messenger of Allah :saw: said: O Allah, make him among them. Then stood up a man from the Ansa and said: Messenger of Allah, pray to Allah that He should make me one among them. The Messenger of Allah :saw: said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you in this matter.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Seventy thousand (persons) would enter Paradise as one group and among them (there would be people) whom faces would be bright like the moon.
It is reported on the authority of 'Imran that the Apostle of Allah :saw: said: Seventy thousand people of my Ummah would be admitted into Paradise without rendering any account. They (the companions) said: Who would be of those (fortunate persons)? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Those who do not cauterise and practise charm, but repose trust in their Lord, 'Ukkasha then stood up and said: Supplicate (before) Allah that He should make me one among them. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Thou art one among them He (the narrator) said: A man stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, supplicate (before) Allah that He should make me one among them. He (the Holy Prophet said: 'Ukkasha has preceded you (in this matter).

'Imran b. Husain reported: Verily the Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Seventy thousand men of my Ummah would enter Paradise without rendering account. They (the companions of the Holy Prophet) said: Who would be those, Messenger of Allah? He (the Holy Prophet) said: They would be those who neither practise charm, not take omens, nor do they cauterise, but they repose their trust in their Lord.

Abu Hazim narrated it on the authority of Ibn Sa'd that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Seventy thousand persons or seven hundred thousand persons (Abu Hazim does not remember the exact number) would enter Paradise holding and supporting one another, and the first among them would not enter till the last among them would enter (therein) ; (they would enter simultaneously) and their faces would be bright like the full moon.

Al Qassimi

Let me understand, so thse seventy thousand people will enter paradise without account; so it does not mean punishment? Correct me if I am wrong.

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
Salam, I think your friend meant to say If you are a Muslim and you are bad you will first go to jahannum then later on you will go to Jannat then you will be left with marks on your body, because every single Muslim will go to Jannat. To go to Jannat you have to beleive that Allah (SWT) is our only god and Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) is our final prophet.(la ila ha ill allah ho Mohammed dur rasolollah). But the people who do not beleive this will stay in Jahannum for eternity. May Allah (SWT) guide every Muslim inshallah!

abu'muhammad

bismillahirrahmanirrahim

assalamu alaikum,

everyone will be judged on the basis of takwa(Allah's fear ) and iman (belief).but if Allah came to taking accounts no one could go to heaven.So all the people will go to jannat by grace of Allah.cause if Allah ask us about one glass of water we cannot give its account.such are nemats of Allah.

May Allah guide us.

lillahil hamd