Evolution in the light of Islam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
I start with the name of Allah (swt) the most graceful and merciful..
Im guessing like me alot of people assume that evolution is against Islam or its haram well thats what you hear that evolution is against religion if your livign in North American society (not sure about other places). But :) i found this great article from
http://www.parvez-video.com/insight/islam/evolution_quran/index.asp
and im posting it here.. It made me really happy when i read it, and made my imaan (faith) stronger. Hope everyone reads it and confirms that Islam does answers question in every aspect and knowledge is power.
Evolution in the Light of the Quran
Quran and Evolution:

Origin of Life:
Science tells us now that the life on earth originated from water. Even today while we are exploring the galaxies and actively searching for life on other planets, the 1st question we ask; is there any water on that planet to sustain life, because without water life is impossible.Quran has told us about this reality some 1400 years ago, before the discovery of science, said the same thing in

| Surah Al Anbiya verse 30
(Out of their sheer ignorance some people take natural phenomena as deities or divinities. This is despite the fact the entire continuum of the universe has been created by Allah Almighty and remains fervently in action according to His given programme. At present various phenomena in the universe appear to them as functioning separately from one another, but) Do they not seriously understand that in the initial stages of creation all of them were one mass which We then parted, so that the various celestial bodies started floating in their own orbits (21:33. 36:40). (Take for example the planet earth. In its initial stages it separated from the original mass, just like a stone thrown out from a catapult - 79:30). Later (when the earth became ready to bear or produce living things) We started life from water. (All living things are created from a mixture of water - 24:45. And over this fountain of life Allah Almighty has kept His own control - 11:7). It is strange that even after all this explanation, they do not believe that only Allah Almighty wields absolute sovereignty over everything in the universe.

First living thing was algae in plant kingdom then animal kingdom started. Quran makes reference to plant kingdom in;

Surah Taha verse 53 | He is the One Who has stored means of nourishment for all of you everywhere on this spacious earth. made and traced out ways for your movements. and sends down water from the sky and with which He grows various vegetation and plants |.

The Ayah also points out the sexual reproduction in plant kingdom, much before science discovered it. In Surah Raad verse 3 male and female fruit plants are described. Similarly reference is made to the water origin of animals in

Surah Nur verse 45
| And according to His Law, Allah Almighty has created every living being out of water (in that the process of life was initiated from water and its survival also depends on it - 21:30). Among living objects there are some which crawl on their bellies, some walk on two legs and some on four. Allah Almighty creates whatever He likes according to His Law of creation. He has set measures for everything; and He has absolute control over everything |.

Creation Of Men :
You just read Aya, that every living thing came out of water as a matter of fact 60% of human’s body is water. There are number of verses in Quran that refer to the earthly origin of man, which the Science found later. Let us go through verses.

| Allah Almighty caused you to grow from earth. Surah Hud verse 61

| We fashioned you from soil. Surah Hajj verse 5

| Allah Almighty is the one who fashioned you from clay. Surah Al Anam verse 2

| Allah Almighty the creation of man from clay. Surah As Sajdah verse 7

| We fashioned them from sticky clay. Surah As Saffat verse 11

| Allah Almighty (God) fashioned man from a clay, like pottery. Surah Ar Rahman verse 14

| We fashioned man from the quintessence of clay. Surah Al Muminun verse 11

Quintessence means gist or extract of some thing. All the chemical components of human body can also be found in earth as well, that is what the aya implies. So, long before the science discovered earthly origin of man, Quran said it before.

Transformation of Man:
We have seen four waves of humans, transformed over a period of time, accepted in Science. Is there any thing in Quran about these transformations. Following verses refer to that:

| Ingratitude produces disorder in the land. This is illustrated by the story of Adam which has been narrated earlier (2/30-38). We created you and fashioned you and then We asked Malaika to bow before Adam, the representative of humanity. They all bowed, but Iblees did not ... |Surah Al Araf verse 11

| The Rabb (Who according to His law of creation) took you through various evolutionary stages one after the other; and fashioned you by removing unnecessary elements, thereby creating excellent balance, proportion and symmetry in you.Thereafter, according to His Law of Mashiyyat, He gave you a suitable form.. |Surah Al Infitar verse 7-8

| This tussle occurs because We have bestowed man with the ability to nourish and develop his self and lead a balanced life in a dignified manner |Surah At Tin Verse 4

The word taqwiym means to organize something in planned way, implying therefore an order of progress that has been strictly defined in advance. Evolutionists use exactly the same expression while describing the transformation of man in evolution. Further evidence of transformation comes from

Surah Nuh Verse 14
| How can you attain this state of life? For this you should ponder over the Divine Law of Creation, according to which you have passed through various evolutionary stages to attain human form." In this evolutionary process each step took you forward and made you better and superior. All this happened without your effort, knowledge or discretion, but the moment you started exercising your discretion, you went astray and started slipping downwards |

Surah Dahr verse 28, Allah Almighty refers to men as a group, and how groups of people were replaced.

| (They are very proud that they are mighty and strong; but they forget that). We have created them; and We have endowed strength and stability to their countenances. If they oppose Our Laws, then according to Our Law of Mashiyyat, it is not at all difficult for Us to wholly replace them with another nation |

Same thing is repeated in verse Surah Al Anam verse 133, about the groups of men.

| If (Allah Almighty) wills He destroys you and in your place appoints whom He wills, as your successor, just as He brought your forth, from the descendants of other people.” These two ayah talk about the disappearance of certain comminutes and their replacement with others, according to the laws of Allah Almighty. Today’s human could very well be the result of these phenomena and events |.

Have you ever wondered why so many verses are in Quran about origin of life in general and man is particular, while it is not even a book of Science? The reason for that is, the Quran had condemned the existing wrong opinion, at the time of its revelation, and then
dictates the right opinion. Bible also had the description of origin of life and man, which is not only rejected by Science but also rejected by the second Vatican council in 1960s: “Saying that there are many things in bible which are proved wrong by the Science” I will end this paper with the statement, that Quran is the word of God and creation around us, is the work of Allah Almighty (God). If the source of both is same, then there can not be any discrepancy in the two, one has to confirm the other. One is theory and other is the
practical, therefore nothing in Science is against Quran. As we have seen today science actually confirms what Quran had already said. Scientists are only discovering the laws of the creator, because everything in nature is caused, by secondary causes, regulated by
the primary cause, the creator. To serve best his creator,human beings should read and abide Allah Almighty laws and their cause and effect. It is regretable that the task that was asigned to the Muslims that is being done by non Muslims, why Muslims are not on the fore-front, while they have the guidance of Quran in their hand. Earlier Muslims made scientific discoveries, as a matter of fact they are the pioneers of today’s Science. Karen Armstrong, the author of “Holy War”, says, “This fact has never been acknowledged in the west that all the scientific and technological development that we have today, we owe it to the Arabs and Muslims”. Therefore let the Muslim youth today, persevere to regain the lost position, and work for the betterment of mankind, which is the greatest Ibadat (always act according to the laws of Allah Almighty with 100% believe in its authority).

Islam!!yay

Id like to believe this thread but even renowned scientists say that evolution is impossible. A lot of the verses above does mention that Allah made humans through various stages. So random evolution is impossible but with Allahs help and guidance we became into being with this form.

thats how I look at it.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
asalam o alikum
thank you for the replies ....
First of all I agree every the replies above me ... I dont accept those things ... evolution is also just that if someone starts doing something in particular he will nourish and be more succesful so his genes will get pass on ... I dont believe in those humans coming from apes Obviously scientist just say that happen cuz there is a big gap on how humans came about and only Allah (swt) cud have done that ... but lets be reasonable and know that Allah (swt) doesn't want us to reject proofs I dont mean to argue but there are lots of proof of evolution and in reality those things would have never happened unless Allah intented to or made it that way, I believe every creature follows what Allah (swt) intended for him and throw that over millions of years different things evolved and its not something u cant see anywhere, if someone from china starts living in US for generations ... over time his grand grand grand kids will look american thats evolution simple as that :) and please know alot of it is theory which is trying to explain what we see in reality but it could be wrong. Also, I think it says in bible and also Quran ( i think) snake that came to Adam and Eve had legs well now they dont and there is scientific evidence snakes have the bones to have feet but they lost it over time :) thats evolution my bros and sister and none other than Allah (swt) would have done it that way.
and bro/sis "Islam!!yay" lol
| The Rabb (Who according to His law of creation) took you through various evolutionary stages one after the other; and fashioned you by removing unnecessary elements, thereby creating excellent balance, proportion and symmetry in you.Thereafter, according to His Law of Mashiyyat, He gave you a suitable form.. |Surah Al Infitar verse 7-8

you mention about humans going thru stage well that above verse does say it, im not sure if thats referring to before humans creatures or humans itself.

I dont disagree with any brother/sister here I just think, we cant deny scientific evidence and everything was intended by Allah (swt), he is the creators or this earth, this universe EVERYTHING, we dont know how everything came into being it might be evolution or it might not be.
:) thats what i think ... everyone can have different views and idea.
May Allah (swt) forgive me if im wrong
aslam o alikum

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
danyal danyal lol mashallah im guessing ur a brother ... Mashallah may Allah (swt) bless you for the happiness you brought to me, this book is extremely extremely good :) i love it especially the evolution part lots of inside and references :)
"hahahihihoho" bro/sis if you get the time please read it :) it says what i was trying to explain but in alot more beautiful way, and also this video i found is great as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50bAUtu50uc
Aslam o alikum

yusuf_pal

Islam and Evolution

Within the past century, the theory of evolution has been taught, particularly in Western schools, as fact. While there is much controversy surrounding the conclusiveness of evolution, our response does not seek to disprove the theory nor repaint it in a faith-based light.

It should be noted that volumes have been written on the subject; they reflect a spectrum of positions including scientific skepticism of evolution to scriptural defense of it. If you are interested in the issue, we suggest that you examine it from several angles before you draw your conclusions.

Rather, our response aims to clear up areas of evolution that cannot be reconciled with the teachings of Islam, while acknowledging areas that may or may not be accurate – the Truth being known only to Allah. We hope that if our answer is found to be satisfactory, you will consider it as further proof of the soundness of the Islamic doctrine, particularly when compared with other creeds that demand “leaving the intellect at the door.”

To begin: the most important fact to bear in mind is that Allah alone controls ALL affairs. Allah is Qadeer, the Absolute Controller, of every event that has taken place, is taking place, and will take place. Nothing happens outside His will.

Nothing happens before Allah wills, nor after He wills. Nothing happens more than He wills, nor less than He wills. Nothing happens in a different manner than He wills. A snowflake does not fall in the arctic except by the will of Allah; a grain of sand does not blow across the desert except by His permission. A molecular mutation in a genetic code does not occur except by His power and control.

Allah alone causes life, and Allah alone causes death. Every living thing in the universe has been given life by Allah, and He alone is sustaining every second of its life. If a species survives better than another in a particular environment, it is because Allah allowed it to live more days, and He willed for its progeny to continue.

Allah has both a Sunna (usual way of making things happen), and He has a Qudra (ability to do anything even if it contradicts the usual order of things). He controls both cause and effect. Allah can will an effect to happen without a cause, and He can will a cause to take place but with no effect.

Regarding the former, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once fed an entire army to its fill with a single pot of food, due to Allah’s Blessing (baraka) and not due to any perceivable cause, such as more food being added to the pot, etc. Similarly, the Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) was thrown into an enormous fire by the wicked King Nimrod, but Allah willed for the fire to be cool for him, and thus he was not harmed. Allah removed the quality of burning from the fire, thereby overruling its effect. Both cases illustrate the Qudra of Allah, whereas water’s typical freezing at 0 degrees Celsius illustrates His Sunna, though it does so only by the will of Allah.

Allah is both transcendent and imminent in His qualities. Among the evolutionists, the role of “nature” or “natural selection” is confined to an absolutely transcendent and unconscious force that driven by an ill-defined “will to live.” It is not governed by wisdom, mercy, or justice. This is not Allah.

Furthermore, as we described the absolute control that Allah exhibits over His creation, it is impossible for Him to have started creation and then let it continue on its own. In other words, “random mutation,” if we are suggesting this as a means by which Allah might cause the origin of a new species from its cousin, is not absolutely random in that it cannot act outside the power of Allah.

In practical terms, if we take the theory of Evolution as a means by which Allah diversifies life on earth to show us His majesty and ability, then He alone, for instance, causes a nucleotide base to be deleted or added in a DNA sequence, thereby causing a frameshift mutation, which leads to the birth of a new species, which represents an evolutionary superior to its genetic predecessor, which passes on its DNA to its progeny, which results in a subsequent mutation, ad infinitum. Furthermore, Allah not only starts this process but He also sustains and directs every second of its execution and development.

It is important how we think we were created, because it reflects our understanding of Allah. If I think that Allah created the first seeds of life and then “stepped back” from His creation, I am deluded as to the reality of my Sustainer. As such, I will not be able to worship Him correctly, with the proper level of reverence, and I may even consider there to be powers that act outside of His will. To think that something other than Allah has inherent power and can function beyond His power is a form of shirk, associating partners with Allah – the only unforgivable sin.

Furthermore, Evolution can help to explain how life functions, but it will never explain why it functions and exists. Only the prophets of Allah, those who have been selected by Allah to transmit knowledge of the unseen world to us that we otherwise could never access, are able to teach us the purpose for our existence and show us the way to Success.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
sorry brother, but darwinian theory is that species adapt to the new environment due to natural selection and natural selection is simple, if in species someone is better at foraging then he is going to find more mates and pass his genes thats natural selection right there.

and brother im just trying to say what brother Yusuf just said a really nice and detailed answer
"In practical terms, if we take the theory of Evolution as a means by which Allah diversifies life on earth to show us His majesty and ability, then He alone, for instance, causes a nucleotide base to be deleted or added in a DNA sequence, thereby causing a frameshift mutation, which leads to the birth of a new species, which represents an evolutionary superior to its genetic predecessor, which passes on its DNA to its progeny, which results in a subsequent mutation, ad infinitum. Furthermore, Allah not only starts this process but He also sustains and directs every second of its execution and development. "
that is what my believe is in, and i dont say humans come from apes or anything Allah (swt) had alot to do with our existance and everything. Allah (swt) is great, he is the creator and he is the one that makes everything happen in whatever way he pleases.
thank u :)
aslam o alikum

yusuf_pal

if you say "natural selection" is trial and error, it happens on its own, there is no justification of that in Islam.

whatever happens is by the will of God.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
if you say "natural selection" is trial and error, it happens on its own, there is no justification of that in Islam.

whatever happens is by the will of God.

No no im not trying to say that brother :S please dont make this shirk for me :astag: i never want to say that ... Allah (swt) makes things happen its not trial and error Thats wat ppl wud say who dont believe in Allah (swt) they go like yea its all by chance but its not if you actually study evolution closely it surely feels like there was a guiding force which is no other than Allah (swt).

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Natural Selection is not a creative power which may create new species and organs like some darwinist believe.

Therefore the cornerstone of the darwinian theory has collapsed and the entire theory is therefore invalid.

brother :) Let me just say this I believe in what Quran tolds me i believe in what hadiths tells me I believe in Allah (swt) and in him i trust, i dont want to argue about anything may Allah (swt) show me the right path and forgive me if im wrong, im always going to keep and open mind :)
:salam2: and hope to see u :) again on the forum

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I agree, this theory has nothing to do with Islam and as Sheikh Muhammad Salih Munajjid said, watching movies or articles which deals with the theory of evolution is a wast of time, and if anything it can reduce your Imaan and not increase it.

Theese people believe that all millions of life form came about purely by natural causes, and for example suddenly some animals developed kidneys, new lung systems, skeleton systems, wings, for example they believe reptiles suddenly started to fly, then some reptiles become marine reptiles, the same for mammals. Yet this is biologically impossible, for if not all the parts required for flight is developed all at onse the animal would die.

It is deeply illogical, it contradicts the Qur´an, it is a waste of time, and just listening to theese annoying people makes you sick. Especially people like Richard Dawkins.

I think the best is to avoid all disscusions on this topic.

:D take care brother