Excellence of The Love for Allah

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
EXCELLENCE OF THE LOVE FOR ALLAH AND THE EXORTATION FOR IT

from Riyad as Saliheen by Imam Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf An-Nawawi, chapter 1-46

Allah (the Exalted and Almighty) has said:

[ Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against unbelievers, but compassionate among each other ].

Quran, 48:92.

[ But those who, before them, had homes (in Madina) and had adopted the Faith, show their affection to such as came to them for refuge ].

Quran, 59:9.

On the authority of Anas bin Malek (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had said:

There are three things that who has them shall attain the sweetness of faith: That who loves Allah and His Messenger (p.b.u.h.) more than anything besides them; whoever loves a servant (of Allah) only for (the sake of) Allah; and whoever is averse to return to infidelity after that Allah has saved him from it even as he would be averse to be flung into the fire (of Hell).

Agreed upon.

..to be continued in the comment section inshalah..

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) has said:

Seven are those whom Allah would give protection with His Shade on the Day when there would be no shade but that of Him. i.e., on the Day of Judgement.

They are:

A just ruler;

a youth who grew up with the worship of Allah;

a person whose heart is attached to the Mosque;

two persons who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah;

a man whom is seduced by a beautiful woman of high rank (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer by saying): I fear Allah;

a person who gives charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the right hand does not know what the left has given;

and a person who remembers Allah in privacy and his eyes shed tears.

Agreed upon.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had said:

On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say:

Where are those who have mutual love for My Glory's sake ? Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there is no shade but Mine.

(Muslim).

On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had said:

By Him in Whose hand my soul is ! You shall by no means enter Paradise until you believe, and you shall by no means believe until you love one another.

Should I not inform you of that thing that if you act upon it, it will promote love ? (and this is) : Spread the salutation among you.

(Muslim).

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM ! :hearts:

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
On the authority of Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allah (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying :

A man called on his brother in another village. Allah had sent for him an angel who was waiting for him on his way. He asked: Where do you intend (to go) ? He said : I intend to go to my brother in this village. He asked : Have you got any gift for him to offer ? He said : No, but I love him for the sake of Allah. He said : I am a Messenger of Allah to you (to tell you) that Allah loves you as you love him for His sake.

(Muslim).

On the authority of Al-Bara' bin 'Azeb (may Allah be pleased with him) who narrated that the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) had said about the Ansar :

Only a believer loves them and only a hypocrite hates them. Allah loves that who loves them and Allah dislikes that who hates them.

(Agreed upon).

On the authority of Mu'ath bin Jabal (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) had said :

Allah, the Exalted has said :

Those who love one another for the sake of My Glory and Greatness, shall have pulpits of light on the Day of Resurrection: the prophets and martyrs shall envy them.

(At-Tirmithi).