Excema help for a baby

UmmHusnaa

:salam2:

My dear brothers and sisters i was wondering if you could give me a hand.

I have a fourteen month old baby girl who suffers from excema. My husband also has excema and asthma so it is passed down.

So far the only thing to giver her relief is steriod creams and anti hystamine liquids. But as you can imagine i don't want to push drugs on one so young and i know the creams will eventually thin out her skin.

I have heard that camel fat is good for excema but so far haven't found a place that sells it in the uk:shymuslima1:

I have tried homiopathy with her too but found that it made her worse, I think!

Anyway i wanted to know if there is any one out there that also suffers from or knows of someone that suffers from excema and what has helped them.

It is awful to see her pulling and scratching at herself and causing herself so much damage.

I know this is a trial from Allah SWT and i am not complaining just wondering what else is available out there.

JazakAllah Khair for your help

Wasalaama :blackhijab:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I spoke to my GP about this, and was told young children do not tend to lose the symptoms of eczema until a later stage in life. We have tried emollients which withhold the scratching and itching, but at times they become useless. The steroid creams seem to be very useful, though there are dangers attached to using them for long periods. There is an oil from Morocco known as Argan oil, apparently it is very beneficial for eczema (possible due to its high amount of vitimin E, Allaah knows best). The oil is pretty expensive and I have yet to try it to see if it helps my son. I know of some people who tried other oils including olive oil and black seed, but in some cases no improvements were metioned, in others the conditions got worse. There is a site that I tend to use to find out about medical related issues, www.patient.co.uk. It is used by GPs and only Doctors and Health Professionals contribute to it. I hope the information there helps (type in 'eczema'). Here is one link on the site on the issue of eczema, inshaa' Allaah it will be of benefit,

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068730/

Wa`alaykum us-salaam

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2: sister, i also had excema but alhumdulillah its gone now. i had it when i turned one but my excema was severe severe. and i still have it now and i'm 14!!!! my mom used to tell me that when i grew up, it might go away. i dont think that helped. but then i made a dua and Allah took it away by giving me something else in its place. i had a bone infection and because of that, i was on medication that is attched to me 24 hours! its been more than a year and im still on it. im afraid that as soon as it goes away, my excema might come back but inshaAllah that wont happen. so anyway, my mom told me away to help me, and it might help you too inshaAllah. i took a BIG jug of water and 41 times i said surah fatiha and blew into it. then i drank from that water and it actually worked!!! and that doesnt only help excema but it helps you entire body. I hope this works for you!!!

:wasalam:, i make dua for you inshaAllah :tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Oatmeal. If you give the baby a bath in oatmeal it will help the skin. It makes a mess in the tub..but it is well worth it. There are skin creams with oatmeal. Use those too. Also, use only 100% cotton. Be careful with laundry detergents. I have to use very mild detergents with no perfumes. I can not use laundry softners..they are very harsh on my son.

You may want to try neem oil. Go on line and read about the properties of neem oil. It stinks. Does it stink..but it may do the job. It works on many skin diseases.

P.S. Dates are wonderful for asthma. It reduced the number of asthma attacks my mother had by almost 90%. She eats one date a day.

Akilah

Assalam Alaikum sister,

I have a difficult case of eczema as well.

You may want to try doing the following to prevent the skin from thinning...

1. before you put on the medicated cream, put on a thin layer of vaseline first, then the medication, and then another thin layer of vaseline.

2. always ensure that the body is well moisturized, with hypoallergenic creams.

3. i have heard that oil of oregano is a useful treatment, though it may be pricey.

4. splitting open some leaves from an aloe vera plant and applying the paste to the skin has also worked for some that i know.

5. As the child becomes older, it is very important to keep stress levels down, as this is a significant trigger for eczema.

Inshallah the skin will heal in time.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

try zam zam water if you can get hold of it. it can cure any disease by the will of Allah. In case of skin irritations or chronic conditions like eczema, soreness, itchiness, dryness and inflammation, almond oil is the best carrier for medicines. It absorbs quickly leaving the skin soft and toned, hence is ideal massage oil. i myslef use this oil for severe dryness problems and hamdulilah it has helped. try buying them in nut form as well as part of a healthy diet, and it is not very expensive. best places to get this oil is wholesalers and not retailers because wholesalers youll get better value for your money.

inshallah hope it helps

saffanah

speak good or silent

try Habatussauda (black seed oil) sister, insha Allah it helps.
Don't forget to make du'a to Allah. He is the Only one Curer.

generationmoral

My dear brothers and sisters i was wondering if you could give me a hand.

I have a fourteen month old baby girl who suffers from excema. My husband also has excema and asthma so it is passed down.

So far the only thing to giver her relief is steriod creams and anti hystamine liquids. But as you can imagine i don't want to push drugs on one so young and i know the creams will eventually thin out her skin.

I have heard that camel fat is good for excema but so far haven't found a place that sells it in the uk:shymuslima1:

I have tried homiopathy with her too but found that it made her worse, I think!

Anyway i wanted to know if there is any one out there that also suffers from or knows of someone that suffers from excema and what has helped them.

It is awful to see her pulling and scratching at herself and causing herself so much damage.

I know this is a trial from Allah SWT and i am not complaining just wondering what else is available out there.

JazakAllah Khair for your help

Wasalaama :blackhijab:
There are so many clothing stores in the market with similar products that you cannot choose for your child. Don't worry come visit Baby Outlet, where there are many models of clothes like cute toodler short, toddler girl summer shirt, tooddler summer shorts...Quickly visit our store to get the offer.